• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• Inclement weather dampens trainer’s confidence in duo ahead of Wednesday night’s Class Two Korea Racing Authority Trophy (1,000m)View the full article
    • You're obviously not on the GRNZ mailing list.  Not sure why... I understand the quarterly report is with the Minister.  Isn't up to the Minister to release that?
    • Having seen them for a bit longer,i still like the colours and the less clutter on the picture seems better. But i do agree about the place odds and would like to see results.I can't see why they can't interchange it with the win odds occasionally if they want to keep just the 2 columns. probably the most confusing thing i find is when they show a race with the current first 4 placegetters numbers at the bottom of the screen.Not sure whether someones already mentioned it ,but my brain is finding it hard adjusting to seeing them have the leader on the right of the screen going down the back straight and then on the left of the screen coming down the front straight. The way it changes back and forth is especially confusing in the longer races.
    • I reckon it's 50/50 the mechanical intervention works and we have an ok track by the end of the year. Just hope they don't do what Randwick did with their Kensington Strathayr and spend two years and $3mil trying to fix it only to end up with: Another set of trials are scheduled to be held on the Kensington track on January 12 but Racing NSW chief steward Ray Murrihy says it has no future in its current state. “It happens every time we use the track, they just get into it and rip it out," Murrihy said. “It hasn't improved. I can't see it being able to hold a race meeting as it is now.” More than $3 million has been spent renovating the Kensington track in the last two years in a bid to get it up to standard. Similar symptoms. The reasoning they went Strathayr in the first place is obscure. It's unproven in the Auckland climate. The grass species were untried on a Strathayr before and the seeding process had never been done before. Seems like a huge punt to me.
    • What ANZAC Day at Royal Randwick Where Royal Randwick Racecourse – Alison Rd, Randwick NSW 2031 When Thursday, April 25, 2024 First Race 12:45pm AEST Visit Dabble Metro racing returns to the Kensington circuit at Randwick on Thursday afternoon, with a competitive eight-race program scheduled for ANZAC Day. The rail is in the true position for the entire circuit, and with sunny skies predicted in the lead-up, the surface should be rated a genuine Good 4. ANZAC Day racing is set to commence at 12:45pm AEST. Best Bet: Call Me Gorgeous The David Pfieffer-trained Call Me Gorgeous was sensational on debut at this course on January 17. He maintained a three-wide run throughout the 1000m journey and never shirked the task, getting within two lengths of Ballet D’Esprit. His trials suggest he returns in magnificent order, and provided Nash Rawiller can gain some cover in the middle stages, watch for Call Me Gorgeous to be barrelling over the top to score. Best Bet Race 1 – #2 Call Me Gorgeous (7) 3yo Gelding | T: David Pfieffer | J: Nash Rawiller (57kg) –100 with Bet365 Next Best: Redbreast Redbreast put them away with ease at Hawkesbury on February 21, making every post a winner to score by two lengths. She set a strong tempo before racing clear with the prize, justifying the short price with online bookmakers. She won a barrier trial by seven lengths at Randwick on April 8 to keep her ticking over nicely for the Waterhouse & Bott barn, and with similar jump-and-run tactics, it’s hard to picture Redbreast getting chased down in this BM68. Next Best Race 2 – #10 Redbreast (3) 3yo Filly | T: Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott | J: Tim Clark (56.5kg) –100 with Bet365 Best Value: Bunker Hut After two attempts to book his ticket to the Provincial-Midway Championships Final (1400m), Bunker Hut returns to a much easier grade third-up. He was held up with nowhere to go in his most recent outing at Newcastle on April 3 and should’ve finished much closer than the 3.4-length margin may suggest. Barrier eight with 61kg on his back doesn’t seem ideal, but Bunker Hut brings an element of class to this BM72, so watch for Zac Lloyd to drag him back and get the last crack at them. Best Value Race 4 – #2 Bunker Hut (8) 4yo Gelding | T: Michael Freedman | J: Zac Lloyd (61kg) –100 with Bet365 ANZAC Day quaddie tips for Kensington races Randwick-Kensington quadrella selections Thursday, April 25, 2024 2-4-7-9-11 1-2-4 1-4-9-10 2-4-8-9-11 Horse racing tips
 View the full article
  • Topics