• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• Yeah, and ha ha to you to you f#cken moron.
    • Nepotism exists in a very large way in the NZ industry, facts & figures mean nothing . One of the reasons we are heading towards oblivion !
    • Dust off the camper-van and head south looks like the plan..        😒
    • We can't really disect the merits of who was charged and what evidence was presented to support that.We don't have access to that. There was sure to be  many threads to the rope which provided the strength of evidence to charge. With time and reflection,we can now say the police had insufficient evidence to prove what they alleged and that those charged have  proven that ,through their defence offered,often in court. Thats the reality. But no one,can tar everyone involved with the same brush or judge the merits,or lack thereof, of everyone based on someone elses case.People can't use one example and say thats a reflection of every case. There is sure to have been higher levels of innocence and sometimes wrongdoing,but it did not meet the burden of proof required for criminal wrongdoing in the courts. Personally i have always said i did not question the integrity of some involved as i've seen them go out and try 100% week after week for years. Blair orange the most obvious example of that.  But i also said,im my opinion,sometimes you just know beyond doubt,when a horse is being pulled and to me, johnny white at nelson was a perfect example of that.So no one was convicted of that. Finally ,i've always said there were 4 groups of people who should shoulder the most responsibilty for inca. 1)the stipes for their inaction and for the lack of guts to properly investigate questionable activity.Their weakness in standing up to the backlash they always get from industry participants and some officials,when they even dare question or hold to account more high profile people,well that sets the standards for what people see as being tolerated,when it shouldn't have been. 2)past licence holders and stipes who set standards of integrity which lead current participants to believe the same standards were still acceptable. Its just natural for someone to think something is ok or tolerated if they have seen it going on for donkey's years. Why would they think they are doing much wrong. 3)those involved. absolutely they have paid a price that was unjust,but they still must look at themselves in the mirror and reflect as to whether ,had they done something differently or not done something,would they have had to pay that unfair cost. 4)finally industry participants and supporters who see obvious questionable activity and just go along with it,often because they benefit from it.The type of person who judges something on the personalities involved,and not the actions .Both are relevant,not just one. If you knew someone well and they respected that you were saying something in a way that wasn't judgmental of the person,just you didn't agree with the actions,then just maybe the person would think twice and reconsider doing it again. Who knows.we don't live in a a perfect world.Never will. There are so many shades of grey in life and  sometimes you get caught up with something where you are left feeling aggrieved,frustrated and angry. And i'm sure ,in some instances there were some involved in operation inca that would be totally justified feeling that way,even after honest self reflection. Thats not fair and would be very hard to deal with. But it happened and you have to. Thats my final thoughts.
  • Topics