Holiday period best bets by Thomaas

Thomass

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since we were on Mooning and Uranus I thought I would look up Asteroids, below is from the urban dictionary.

A condition when the Fecal Impaction of the Colon is so solid and an has become an immobile bulk mass of human feces that develops one's rectum as it has a resulted in a solid mass of constipation in one's ass, such that, it feels as if it is, “Chocked Full O' Nuts” which will not pass under normal circumstances and may have to be dug out with one's fingers or similar tools. i.e., "to shit a brick!"
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, mardigras said:

You seem to be claiming things as 'truth', but I've not seen even what this supposed world record is or what the other things you talk about are. I guess we just believe you and leave it at that. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

July 4, 2012 it were deemed that Matamata trainer Wayne P Hillis would win on Melbourne Cup day 2017--provided he lined up.

History was made...... 5 years 4 months and 3 days in advance !

2 minutes ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

July 4, 2012 it were deemed that Matamata trainer Wayne P Hillis would win on Melbourne Cup day 2017--provided he lined up.

History was made...... 5 years 4 months and 3 days in advance !

That's your self declared world record. I predict I'll make a profit on the Melbourne Cup in 2025. Will that count?

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, barryb said:

This was meant to be a serious tipping thread, hahaha, amazing how 2 f--kwits can deteriorate something.

Yes, a circus,  totally agree, as have several other threads.

If it is not addressed, it risks much of the good work that has been done by many in getting the site established, being undone

Edited by hesi
  • Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

Just now, Poisoned Dwarf said:

if your profit is publicly recorded with a $9.80 return for every $1 invested, consideration will be given....

It'll be better than. But anyhow, how come you are the one who makes the rules on what you claim to be a world record? To even claim such a thing, loses any possible credibility.

I'm with pete.

You and Thomass make a great pair. Start your own thread about your stuff. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hesi said:

Yes, a circus,  totally agree, as have several other threads.

If it is not addressed, it risks much of the good work that has been done by many in getting the site established, being undone

Clearly an issue Hesi. The easiest way to sort it is for those of us who are serious (or semi serious in my case) to just ignore the two trolls.

Easier said than done ?

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, pete said:

Clearly an issue Hesi. The easiest way to sort it is for those of us who are serious (or semi serious in my case) to just ignore the two trolls.

Easier said than done ?

That is exactly the issue, and people don't have time to be monitoring every post made by T, whereas 99% of other posts and posters are never an issue.

For once Molloy was right in saying that any site that allows PD and T to post will not be successful.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

15 minutes ago, hesi said:

That is exactly the issue, and people don't have time to be monitoring every post made by T, whereas 99% of other posts and posters are never an issue.

For once Molloy was right in saying that any site that allows PD and T to post will not be successful.

That may or may not be the case Hesi.  You are also being selective, as if you recall, you, me and many other decent folk were/are not allowed to post according to the two retired jockey's standards.  

Sometimes there is a price to pay for free speech.

• Like 2

We do have this situation though, where every thread that T becomes involved on, descends into an off topic circus, and it is not good for the site and it's credibility 

I don't know how you fix that, without working overtime(and why should you) or compromising your standard on free speech.

There is the aspect that it can be construed as trolling, and not sure where that stands in the bigger picture of free speech

15 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

It takes more than one poster to drag a thread down into a circus.  There are more people guilty of that than just Thomaas.

Agree in principle but why should everyone be obliged to just ignore the constant crap.

If you're not careful you will find it will just drive a lot of people away.

Thomas really doesn't worry me but that Starman bloke just gets on my tits (moobs?)

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, pete said:

Agree in principle but why should everyone be obliged to just ignore the constant crap.

If you're not careful you will find it will just drive a lot of people away.

Thomas really doesn't worry me but that Starman bloke just gets on my tits (moobs?)

I also agree in principle. I think the free speech question is interesting. Probably doesn't preclude trolling and inflammatory remarks or others responding in kind. However there is the question of it intimidating others from speaking freely and engaging with a  topic.

The issue for me is derailing threads with completely off topic remarks. I think BOAY could consider some kind of rule, not preventing the remarks even if they are insulting or rubbish, but insisting that they must remain on topic or be removed, either altogether or to another thread.

I appreciate the irony that I'm writing this post in a thread titled "Holiday Period Best Bets". :)

• Like 1