Bit Of A Yarn

Hesi, Barry?

Newmarket

I've told the Chief, that I am out, other than the comps, and won't be back in any active role till the loon gets removed, I understand there are quite a few others who feel this way
(And, they are still showing loyalty to BOAY, in that they will not rejoin RC)
The Chief will not do this on the basis of preserving the principle of free speech for everyone, after the nonsense at RC.  Fair enough, I agree in principle, but disagree with not protecting the good name the site has built up.
The guy is a troll FFS
I have urged him to put a rider in the rules to address this, that he reserves the right to remove anyone who he believes consistently acts in such a manner that is deleterious to the long term good of the site.
That gets around those, that from time to time have go at someone

Let's get this quite straight, it's not my site, but I have helped a lot to get it off the ground(been a lot of subterfuge involved in that too lol), but I don't believe it is in the best long term interests and direction of the site, to have someone regularly corrupting threads(have a look at the last part of Punting 101 if you don't believe me) ), deludedly thinking they are the answer to the sites woes(what a complete fucking joke, the guy would not have a clue), of which there aren't any, other than him.

You can to and fro on this as much as you want, the rights and wrongs etc etc, but take that one common denominator out, and the site is fine, with robust debate on racing issues, not lewd, blow up dolls.
The last straw for most, as I see it, Thomass was away for 3 weeks, the site hummed, then he is back and within half a day, maybe about a dozen threads corrupted.
The Chief, with all the best intentions, has been unable to address this

Bad vibes all round, and that will never allow the site atmosphere to be taken to the heights of what Race Cafe used to be with Dave and Anjie running it....so I'm reliably informed by a number who have posted as such on here 

And FFS don't say ignore him or don't bait him, he'll just keep on keeping on.

And also, yes it is personal, I can't stand the guy the way he posts, but that is not the issue, it is about what is best for BOAY, (which is why I have taken a stand) the site that so many have contributed to, to make it what it is in such a short time

Even Molloy could not get this one wrong, saying any site with Thomass on, cannot be successful.

• Like 6
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

Barry can be a very abrasive character, he simply does not bear fools easily, i have born the brunt of it many times.

But he has made a huge contribution to BOAY, with his knowledge on thoroughbreds and punting, which he has been prepared to share, with all good intentions.

Actually putting his money where his mouth is, tipping out horses........before the race

Edited by hesi
  • Like 6

Hesi,

I totally 'get where you are coming from. I have suggested on several occasions that action be taken to prevent Thomass from ruining sane and sensible conversations in threads. Abusive language, for example, is completely unnecessary and if a stronger hand were taken by CS I dont think anyone would see it as compromising the 'free speech' principle. I hope you guys can sort this out - because BOAY is much better than RC and your rivals will be enjoying apparent division in your ranks. I'm sure you and CS can find a sensible solution.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hesi said:

Barry can be a very abrasive character, he simply does not bear fools easily, i have born the brunt of it many times.

But he has made a huge contribution to BOAY, with is knowledge on thoroughbreds and punting, which he has been prepared to share, with all good intentions.

Actually putting his money where his mouth is, tipping out horses........before the race

No doubt about that.

I've learned a lot from Baz,  Mardi and Curious,  not just about punting [ it is a stretch to call what I do 'punting' anyway,  although  I have to skite that I trebled my investment with the help of bet365  - and Pitty -yesterday ] ] and the site will be the poorer for anyone's defection,  not just the above mentioned, as well as your good self.

I come on here for discussion, enlightenment, light relief, and the occasional bit of decent debate.  Thomas,  for all his capacity to irritate,  does  occasionally,  make some very good points.

I live and work around fkwits every day...maybe I just have a thicker skin than some,  I don't know,  but I have to accept that the result of 4 million years of evolution is, mostly,  bloody disappointing.  Watching Dr Brian Cox on TV is a big help in that respect...there is some hope..!

The old racechat used to be frequented by a former client of mine, one C Wightman..and he used to drive everyone to distraction.

Was a good client though,  until he decided I wasn't what he wanted in a trainer,  fair enough,  his call,  but always paid promptly and never interfered other than exercising his right to express opinion.

He was eventually 'released' from the site,  to the relief of most,  but strangely enough,  over the time that he had been away,  there kept arising issues with NZTR  that he had highlighted for discussion,  were very valid and still are today.  NZRB function and method,  he completely failed to comprehend,  to the annoyance of a few more 'educated' posters..and eventually they dropped away.

I'm hoping that this excellent site can somehow manage to incorporate all points of view..expressed in a suitable manner, of course.

• Like 8
  • Champ Post 2

4 minutes ago, Freda said:

No doubt about that.

I've learned a lot from Baz,  Mardi and Curious,  not just about punting [ it is a stretch to call what I do 'punting' anyway,  although  I have to skite that I trebled my investment with the help of bet365  - and Pitty -yesterday ] ] and the site will be the poorer for anyone's defection,  not just the above mentioned, as well as your good self.

I come on here for discussion, enlightenment, light relief, and the occasional bit of decent debate.  Thomas,  for all his capacity to irritate,  does  occasionally,  make some very good points.

I live and work around fkwits every day...maybe I just have a thicker skin than some,  I don't know,  but I have to accept that the result of 4 million years of evolution is, mostly,  bloody disappointing.  Watching Dr Brian Cox on TV is a big help in that respect...there is some hope..!

The old racechat used to be frequented by a former client of mine, one C Wightman..and he used to drive everyone to distraction.

Was a good client though,  until he decided I wasn't what he wanted in a trainer,  fair enough,  his call,  but always paid promptly and never interfered other than exercising his right to express opinion.

He was eventually 'released' from the site,  to the relief of most,  but strangely enough,  over the time that he had been away,  there kept arising issues with NZTR  that he had highlighted for discussion,  were very valid and still are today.  NZRB function and method,  he completely failed to comprehend,  to the annoyance of a few more 'educated' posters..and eventually they dropped away.

I'm hoping that this excellent site can somehow manage to incorporate all points of view..expressed in a suitable manner, of course.

The salient point

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Freda said:

No doubt about that.

Deal with the problem not the result - simple 101 management - Be assured if he stays we will not participate, little point

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Is it true that both these posters have left BOAY?  Seems no longer posting, and a few others have pulled up stumps too. Hesi did a great job helping to get this site up and running, while getting plenty of abuse from rc, and many like Barrys tips, so its a big blow to lose theses guys, as well as the others. We know that the ongoing problem is around a certain poster, who does try his best to upset others. 

Might be time to have a good long look at this situation Chief, once we start losing members it wont stop. 

Cry me a river mate...

Life's like a freaken soap opera at times and this thread is the perfect script...

Bogan got into a huff when too many lefties joined...from Gorrre...f in Labour voters too...IDIOTS

Herman tried to placate Bogan by having an affair with himself....to make Bogan jealous...

Bogan resorted to eating a load of Chips...cooked in addictive Duck fat...

..and exploded like Mr. Creasote...

Thats what happened to Bogan....

So next time you paint your fences with creasote...

think of Bogan Bazz...he was rendered down...finally becoming useful

Meanwhile McFly became Curious and ventured out into the real world

..and went shopping in his onsey....

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, hesi said:

But he has made a huge contribution to BOAY, with his knowledge on thoroughbreds and punting, which he has been prepared to share, with all good intentions.

Fyi

/faɡ/

BRITISH

verb
INFORMAL
(of a public-school pupil) do minor chores for a senior pupil.
"the lower boys in each house fagged for members of the Library"

I can't help it you got an Exclusive Bretheren education....

The 'lewd' you referred to were Sports Illustrated piks...easily purchased at the local Mag shop...

"Abrasive" doesn't include "you have a mental illness go and kill yourself"

Thats actually illegal...

Let it go son...

I agree with Freda and must admit I enjoy many of the Thomas posts -sometimes he is way ott, but he has a good sense of humour most of the time. His punting observations are pretty right and Curious should stop baiting him over things like blinkers [Curious knows full well the advantages of blinkers but pretends to be dumb]

Yes, he is a bit like Colin , knows his stuff but not how to put things politely.Those who feel they are offended by the cut and thrust of a racing site should either get a life or take up macramé. Compared with the grubslinger on another site Thomas is [almost] angelic. 

• Like 5
  • Champ Post 2
  • Haha 2

My take on him.....I avoid him at all times....luckily he does not post much on the harness section....but his first post on this thread is just another childish rants...that nobody can understand.....which is main reason I tried to avoid him on 101 thread. To be honest, quite surprised chief not doing what he can to keep hesi on board....without him....would be a heap less on this site.I enjoyed all the above posters, most come on here at the very start....sadly Thomas found out about it a little later

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Freda said:

The old racechat used to be frequented by a former client of mine,  he used to drive everyone to distraction.

11 minutes ago, Fred said:

I agree with Freda and must admit I enjoy many of the Thomas posts -sometimes he is way ott, but he has a good sense of humour most of the time. His punting observations are pretty right and Curious should stop baiting him over things like blinkers [Curious knows full well the advantages of blinkers but pretends to be dumb]

Yes, he is a bit like Colin , knows his stuff but not how to put things politely.

SPOT ON FRED... I have read 101 from the very start Mardigrais .(out of interest)

it seems You, Curiuos and VCI do extensive race analysis...based on ??? ..(JOKE)...funded by grand-ma,s inheritance. I have won last 2 tipping comps and would have beaten the 3 of you...based on laying / staking plan / f/f win / place.

And like Thomas, that includes using barrier draws and C/D stats to narrow down selection , among other criteria.

You down-cried Portfolio on the bottom of page 6 for his punting selection process

( maybe why he doesn,t post any more)

(joke)...(Value Thread)... stick to the Dogs VC...Staking Plan...easier returns.

Come on Thomas...not so hard on those aussies...Pleeeaaase. LOL

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kakama said:

My take on him.....I avoid him at all times....luckily he does not post much on the harness section....but his first post on this thread is just another childish rants...that nobody can understand.....which is main reason I tried to avoid him on 101 thread. To be honest, quite surprised chief not doing what he can to keep hesi on board....without him....would be a heap less on this site.I enjoyed all the above posters, most come on here at the very start....sadly Thomas found out about it a little later

My take on the dissenters kak....

You've been instructed how to block...

just do it

I find your posts as nauseating as Newmarkets, your cuzzie

But I tolerate you...

best of bollocks to you 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, porky said:

SPOT ON FRED... I have read 101 from the very start Mardigrais .(out of interest)

it seems You, Curiuos and VCI do extensive race analysis...based on ??? ..(JOKE)...funded by grand-ma,s inheritance. I have won last 2 tipping comps and would have beaten the 3 of you...based on laying / staking plan / f/f win / place.

And like Thomas, that includes using barrier draws and C/D stats to narrow down selection , among other criteria.

You down-cried Portfolio on the bottom of page 6 for his punting selection process

( maybe why he doesn,t post any more)

(joke)...(Value Thread)... stick to the Dogs VC...Staking Plan...easier returns.

Come on Thomas...not so hard on those aussies...Pleeeaaase. LOL

Come on porky, I take my hat off to anyone that's willing to put their balls on the chopping block by way of punting formulas or tips etc, v.c trying something that all can see is pretty interesting in my book. 

• Like 4

Here's another aspect to this
Just remember, sure, posters who don't like it can block it, but what about all the other people who read the site, what sort of impression are they going get, and they are the new, potential regsitered members
What have we said before about the impact that has been left with many looking at RC, too toxic an environment to be bothered with.
They have cleaned up their act a lot since those days, and that must now be the biggest threat to BOAY continuing it's growth, since BOAY appear to be going in the opposite direction thanks to the loon.

Also what are you going to do if Molloy and McKenzie come on here, muddying the water, all the stuff you are so used to, as you were the subject of a lot of it Chief on RC

All within the rules say

Allow it in the name of upholding the principle of free speech

Might be amusing for a short while, but very quickly destructive

13 minutes ago, hesi said:

Also what are you going to do if Molloy and McKenzie come on here, muddying the water, all the stuff you are so used to, as you were the subject of a lot of it Chief on RC

All within the rules say

1 minute ago, porky said:

Agree Hesi...

everyone to their own view... agree or disagree

Healthy discussion ...BUT

No abuse, shit slinging or back-stabbing... leave it out = Better site

Well said porky

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, Thomass said:

Fyi

/faɡ/

BRITISH

verb
INFORMAL
(of a public-school pupil) do minor chores for a senior pupil.
"the lower boys in each house fagged for members of the Library"

I can't help it you got an Exclusive Bretheren education....

The 'lewd' you referred to were Sports Illustrated piks...easily purchased at the local Mag shop...

"Abrasive" doesn't include "you have a mental illness go and kill yourself"

Thats actually illegal...

Let it go son...

Just for you, 

4D606F54-807C-41EE-9D95-E69BCB93D08E.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, porky said:

I have won last 2 tipping comps and would have beaten the 3 of you...

And yesterday you played me in PJs comp and LOST

As for the value thread it was a trial to see if I could do it obviously I couldn’t 

As for Mardigras and Curious they are the real deal 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, hesi said:

All within the rules say

At least I'd be able to respond to their lies.  As it stands they are welcome to front up and post here.  Remember Hesi you are a "lap dog" according to the Comic Dog.

Freedom of speech comes at a price as do adhering to principles.

Ask Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen which they would choose now - principles or loyalty?

I'm going to respond to this thread in the fullness of time.

In the meantime feel free to vent without being banned or heavily moderated for the only reason that you criticise the management of this website.

Meanwhile Rome (the NZ Racing Industry) burns down around us.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, VC! said:

And yesterday you played me in PJs comp and LOST

As for the value thread it was a trial to see if I could do it  

As for Mardigras and Curious they are the real deal 

1 winner ea. yesterday V. C

Good win mate. (no excuses) Punters graveyard.

I went undefeated in the Canes recent comp win and extended the picket fence last week.

Might be due a spell...LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

At least I'd be able to respond to their lies.  As it stands they are welcome to front up and post here.  Remember Hesi you are a "lap dog" according to the Comic Dog.

Freedom of speech comes at a price as do adhering to principles.

Ask Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen which they would choose now - principles or loyalty?

I'm going to respond to this thread in the fullness of time.

In the meantime feel free to vent without being banned or heavily moderated for the only reason that you criticise the management of this website.

Meanwhile Rome (the NZ Racing Industry) burns down around us.

Fair enough, it is your site. But Hesi certainly did his best getting new posters on this site, and many others, including myself, posted early on, to very few members which at times was a little hard. 

I suppose you only have to look at threads people start, have a look at Thomass, started 6 posts recently, only had a couple of replys, both by yourself Chief, that tells you people just dont want to get involved with they guy. Anyway, good luck for the future, out of suppport for others i will also take a wee break from site. 

• Like 3