Bit Of A Yarn

Hesi, Barry?

Newmarket

8 minutes ago, Steve Paul said:

Chief Stipe, if you do not act soon and decisively, apart from PJ,s comps and Jason's Punters Club, there will not be much left.

This would be a great shame as the site has/had the potential to be the premier racing site in NZ.

Steve.

Act "decisively" and do what?

Come on guys the chief is the good guy, he's done nothing wrong but stay true to what he said when starting Boay, we all know the reason why boay is Here now...., the reason 8/10ths of us are here is because we were opressed and told what we can and can't say and who we had to agree with on another site,  Doug has given us a great platform to debate and discuss, I can't think of anyone on here that I truly can't interact with.... even thomarse and even poisen dwarf r.i.p.

Maybe thomarse can tone it down and stick to the topic rather than insulting people to get his point across and vice versa towards Thomas for the sake of moving forward from now on.

What say you Thomo?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Come on guys the chief is the good guy, he's done nothing wrong but stay true to what he said when starting Boay, we all know the reason why boay is Here now...., the reason 8/10ths of us are here is because we were opressed and told what we can and can't say and who we had to agree with on another site,  Doug has given us a great platform to debate and discuss, I can't think of anyone on here that I truly can't interact with.... even thomarse and even poisen dwarf r.i.p.

Maybe thomarse can tone it down and stick to the topic rather than insulting people to get his point across and vice versa towards Thomas for the sake of moving forward from now on.

What say you Thomo?

Think your right flag....chief is a good guy....but without us all, he has no site. You were first on here....with several others...but it seems no loyalty. 

I'm gonna have a kit kat....and a break from site as well....I'm sure things will somehow get better.....

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Weasel said:

In brief, moderate the site so that abusive comments and personal attacks are not posted. Kee[ the standards high and therefore the site's credibility.

That's great in theory Maximus, and it was the Chief's New Years resolution, but Thomass came back the threads got corrupted, and no moderation ever happened.

It's a hard one, because you almost need someone on it full time

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Weasel said:

In brief, moderate the site so that abusive comments and personal attacks are not posted. Kee[ the standards high and therefore the site's credibility.

I don't have time to read every single post and moderate them.  I'm relying on the community to regulate itself. 

I will read all content reports to the moderator.  However I do not spend 24/7 on BOAY.  Particularly this past two weeks when I have had my young daughter staying with me.

I will intervene if I determine that a post oversteps the mark.  Today one did.  I may have erred in editing the offensive comment from the original post and subsequent quotes.  

However I took the approach I did because the comment crossed the line and person it was about is not here to defend themselves.  Secondly I left the rest because in my opinion it was valid opinion.

I'm now being told I should have left it up so people can file defamation proceedings.  You'd be surprised how many "expert" legal practioners are on this site!

If Mardigras, Curious, Thomass and Reefton want to call each other idiots then go for it.  

I'm not defending Thomaas but did anyone notice that he was right and Reefton was wrong when it came to the actual barrier positions at Hokitika?

Thomaas has been posting on the site since it started and it seems it is now a BIG issue.  Aside from the fact that he is probably enjoying the oxygen and limelight that you are giving him!

Ignore those you don't like.  

I'll will reply to whoever I feel I want to.  I was certainly interested in the protest that was organised for Trentham.  If it hadn't been for the Tank how may of us would have known about it?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kakama said:

Think your right flag....chief is a good guy....but without us all, he has no site. You were first on here....with several others...but it seems no loyalty. 

I'm gonna have a kit kat....and a break from site as well....I'm sure things will somehow get better.....

I just think it's got to a silly stage now, we are all grown ups and most of us have gone through a lot more crap than Thomo doing what Thomo does best, we all stuck together in the past and now we hit a pretty insignificant bump in the road it's lights out! 

12 minutes ago, Kakama said:

Loyalty to whom and what Kakama?  If I recall correctly you got the flick at both RC' s.

9 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I don't have time to read every single post and moderate them.  I'm relying on the community to regulate itself. 

I will read all content reports to the moderator.  However I do not spend 24/7 on BOAY.  Particularly this past two weeks when I have had my young daughter staying with me.

I will intervene if I determine that a post oversteps the mark.  Today one did.  I may have erred in editing the offensive comment from the original post and subsequent quotes.  

However I took the approach I did because the comment crossed the line and person it was about is not here to defend themselves.  Secondly I left the rest because in my opinion it was valid opinion.

I'm now being told I should have left it up so people can file defamation proceedings.  You'd be surprised how many "expert" legal practioners are on this site!

If Mardigras, Curious, Thomass and Reefton want to call each other idiots then go for it.  

I'm not defending Thomaas but did anyone notice that he was right and Reefton was wrong when it came to the actual barrier positions at Hokitika?

Thomaas has been posting on the site since it started and it seems it is now a BIG issue.  Aside from the fact that he is probably enjoying the oxygen and limelight that you are giving him!

Ignore those you don't like.  

I'll will reply to whoever I feel I want to.  I was certainly interested in the protest that was organised for Trentham.  If it hadn't been for the Tank how may of us would have known about it?

That is not correct, he joined approx 2 months after the site started, and if you look back through his posts, the cantankerous approach towards other posters has increased over time

• Like 2

Chief, no-one has any problem with Thomass posting on issues affecting the industry ...as you mentioned ...but unless he is 'reined in' on the offensive language and subject matter, you are going to lose the goodwill of many genuine BOAYERS who've had a gutsful of it ...including Hesi. It's your call.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

40 minutes ago, hesi said:

That is not correct, he joined approx 2 months after the site started, and if you look back through his posts, the cantankerous approach towards other posters has increased over time

Looking back through those posts, he has consistently, and you would have to question whether, for the sake of it, attacked, in a usually unsavoury manner, almost everyone that has tried to make a positive contribution to the site.  The Punting 101 thread, one of the best we ever had, being a classic example.  People with vast experience in punting, giving of their knowledge, on this site, and being mocked for it, by a person who never once put their money where their mouth is and selected horses, but chose to sit on the sideline and continually snipe

Sure, by your own admission, there is a little bit of wheat amongst the chaff, but you would have to spend a lot of time finding it

That is trolling, and you defend that.....walks away shaking his head

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

What protest was organised for Trentham?

Guys, those of you who are taking a rest from this site are a pack of whimps in my opinion. 

I don’t agree with a lot that Thomas posts, but some I do. 

Barry and Curious, exactly the same. In fact they both get up my nose more than Thomas, but I am not throwing my toys out of the cot, or taking my bat and ball and going home. 

Bring on open debate. 

Would you believe that I also think that President Trump has a few sensible ideas even though in general I think that he is almost made and the most polarising man in the world, after Thomas. LOL

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 2

Coming over from the harness section it is distressing to read such goings on here.

BOAY has been a saviour to a lot of us and none of us want to see this site implode because of the trouble one individual is seemingly causing with others.

In the new democracy that is BOAY there at times must be a firm hand shown to preserve it despite the values and intent of this site's foundation. If someone doesn't respect it there has to be consequences for that person. Nothing worth preserving goes without rules or punishment for the common good.

I don't want this site the galloping section to  falter because it is the most important part of the site and it will stuff up the harness section.

Without knowing too much or apportioning blame, if anybody is causing such trouble that they are making others leave then they should be suspended or banned.

This site is bigger than any individual.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, hesi said:

Looking back through those posts, he has consistently, and you would have to question whether, for the sake of it, attacked, in a usually unsavoury manner, almost everyone that has tried to make a positive contribution to the site.  The Punting 101 thread, one of the best we ever had, being a classic example.  People with vast experience in punting, giving of their knowledge, on this site, and being mocked for it, by a person who never once put their money where their mouth is and selected horses, but chose to sit on the sideline and continually snipe

Sure, by your own admission, there is a little bit of wheat amongst the chaff, but you would have to spend a lot of time finding it

That is trolling, and you defend that.....walks away shaking his head

This post is just complete rubbish hesi 

That 101 thread mentioned me right from the start...trying to prove why my approach was flawed...

How can it be...Im a professional punter...solely on NZ racing...

I showed my account to the world...when heavily criticised...

You're totally wrong when you said I never selected horses as well...

4 races...in a tipping Masterclass...2nd...then the last 3 races of the day

Tri, quinella and winner in ONE

...All from the Blue Print...Im not a tipster ffs...I help others who struggle with the complex algorithm that others mentioned...I.e running 20,000 simulations....

So you've just made up a complete and utter load of tripe to support your fake news

Ive never talked smack unless attacked first

...and at least I don't use entire blasphemy as you did to me

A thread you invited me to take part in then told me to F off...

Get a grip

21 minutes ago, Thomass said:

This post is just complete rubbish hesi 

That 101 thread mentioned me right from the start...trying to prove why my approach was flawed...

How can it be...Im a professional punter...solely on NZ racing...

I showed my account to the world...when heavily criticised...

You're totally wrong when you said I never selected horses as well...

4 races...in a tipping Masterclass...2nd...then the last 3 races of the day

Tri, quinella and winner in ONE

...All from the Blue Print...Im not a tipster ffs...I help others who struggle with the complex algorithm that others mentioned...I.e running 20,000 simulations....

So you've just made up a complete and utter load of tripe to support your fake news

Ive never talked smack unless attacked first

...and at least I don't use entire blasphemy as you did to me

A thread you invited me to take part in then told me to F off...

Get a grip

Are you to blame for any of this shitstorm that is disrupting the galloping site?

• Haha 3