Bit Of A Yarn

Hesi, Barry?

Newmarket

30 minutes ago, Dark Beau said:

Guys, those of you who are taking a rest from this site are a pack of whimps in my opinion. 

I don’t agree with a lot that Thomas posts, but some I do. 

Barry and Curious, exactly the same. In fact they both get up my nose more than Thomas, but I am not throwing my toys out of the cot, or taking my bat and ball and going home. 

Bring on open debate. 

agree Dark Beau...this is a racing discussion forum...enjoyed by many including myself.

NOT a political or industrial dispute, with SIDES...

it is the best competition site and I hope it remains the best discussion site .

Open friendly debate please  

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

1 minute ago, Thomass said:

Is that a sheep...and is it headless like you?

So you are one of those types who is never wrong and takes no responsibility for anything they do or say and worst of all doesn't give a toss about this site or the people on it?

You are also quite happy to piss in your own bed it seems.

They should ban your sorry ass to save the site.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Fred said:

Curious should stop baiting him over things like blinkers [Curious knows full well the advantages of blinkers but pretends to be dumb]

I know that the application of blinkers appears to improve the performance of some horses (and worsen that of others for that matter). However, unless I have very good inside information, I generally don't know which ones those will be.

The fact remains that on average, the likelihood of any given horse winning with BO does not increase, so it's useless information from a punting perspective. Mardi has posted substantive analysis evidencing that.

As usual with Thomas, its fairy-tale rather than fact. If you have evidence to the contrary, please post it for all to see and back up your claim. Otherwise, you appear to be as silly as Thommo.

Thanks.

34 minutes ago, curious said:

I know that the application of blinkers appears to improve the performance of some horses (and worsen that of others for that matter). However, unless I have very good inside information, I generally don't know which ones those will be.

The fact remains that on average, the likelihood of any given horse winning with BO does not increase, so it's useless information from a punting perspective. Mardi has posted substantive analysis evidencing that.

As usual with Thomas, its fairy-tale rather than fact. If you have evidence to the contrary, please post it for all to see and back up your claim. Otherwise, you appear to be as silly as Thommo.

Thanks.

I've slowly come to the realisation that some punters have been unable to differentiate between something that is a discussion about profiting compared to the ability to pick winners (such as in a tipping comp).

In the same way, there would appear to be an inability of many to delineate fact from opinion, even if the opinion is from a supposed 'expert'.

gI've made my opinion known,  in an earlier post.

To add,  I like Thomas's attention to the ability - or lack of - the Feds, those who are charged with keeping us on the straight and narrow,  and not, at times,  doing a very good job of it.

But given that he is such a polarizing character,  I could wish that he showed the sense I suspect he has [ well hidden]  and desist from being a dickhead when thrown an olive twig.

Edited by Freda
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, curious said:

Thanks.

So after all of these months of "prove Blinkers make them go faster"

Youve admitted they indeed do

...nobody ever said ALL horses go faster ffs....

If I've sorted out a BP superior form horse...

I trust the trainer that a neddy will indeed improve further

...after being tried in training with them...

why would an in form neddy...go backwards with them on...after a professional trainer has made a logical decision to insert a helper gear change?

9 hours ago, curious said:

I don't think the issue of whether blinkers may appear to improve performance has ever been questioned. It has always been about how does a punter identify which ones will appear to, and which ones won't appear to.

So I thought I'd do a recheck and see if horses in form was a key ingredient. I reckon that it would be unrealistic to call a horse that finished within 2 lengths of the winner in its last start, out of form. 

So I wondered why of all the horses to race in Oz from Jan 2016 through to middle of 2017, the horses that had run to within 2 lengths of the winner at their last start (and didn't get blinkers on first time) had a next start strike rate of over 14% and an ROI for a $1 win bet on Tatts of 80%. Not a small sample either of 95,000 runners.

Yet those with blinkers on first time, achieved an 11.8% strike rate and an ROI of 76% for a $1 win bet on Tatts. 

It's a lot easier to pick the winners - after they've won. Trainers seem to be putting blinkers on quite a lot - even on a horse that ran close to the winner last start. And they'd have trialled them to see that improvement would be there. Back to the drawing board on that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Weasel said:

So, Chief, here's perfect example of the case in point'. Is it Ok for Thomass (or anyone) to post offensive images such as the sexual one posted yesterday (17 hours ago)?

This image is appearing for all to see on mainstream media such as Stuff. Personally, I find it more crass than offensive or amusing. Should it be deleted? I guess that depends on whether the site powers find it offensive.

1 hour ago, Weasel said:

So, Chief, here's perfect example of the case in point'. Is it Ok for Thomass (or anyone) to post offensive images such as the sexual one posted yesterday (17 hours ago)?

As Chimbu has pointed out it is on Stuff - they actually have the video in slow mo.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12193643

Apparently the rooftop boys are wearing skin coloured underwear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What a bunch of sissy's you lot are. Thin skinned, and oh so offended. Grow up, its a big world out there. Get over it, do not read posts that offend your precious feelings. Stick to your guns Chief, and only censor in extreme cases. Censorship only leads to bias, and that will lead this site in the same direction that Race Cafe has gone. Personally, I have found nothing wrong with Thomas's posts, and if he is going to be the yardstick for offensive postings, then the site will be in deep shyte. I hope Hesi can build a bridge, but ultimately its his decision to stay or go. My hope is he will reconsider.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

Its not about having feelings hurt or being thin skinned FFS, its about having a complete farkwit destroy every single decent thread in the gallops section by bombing it with inane shit so that everyone with half a clue cant be arsed posting, its the constant rubbish he posts trying to discredit anything a few posters with some intelligence on this site put up. the crap he does post even a f-ckstick like him doesnt believe, its posted just to destroy.

PS: I wont be around to read the dribble he responds with as I will be enjoying myself in the heat at the Cairns races.

• Champ Post 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, barryb said:

Its not about having feelings hurt or being thin skinned FFS, its about having a complete farkwit destroy every single decent thread in the gallops section by bombing it with inane shit so that everyone with half a clue cant be arsed posting, its the constant rubbish he posts trying to discredit anything a few posters with some intelligence on this site put up. the crap he does post even a f-ckstick like him doesnt believe, its posted just to destroy.

PS: I wont be around to read the dribble he responds with as I will be enjoying myself in the heat at the Cairns races.

Better take your brolly and gumboots Barry. Rain Rain Rain

17 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

As Chimbu has pointed out it is on Stuff - they actually have the video in slow mo.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12193643

Apparently the rooftop boys are wearing skin coloured underwear.

Actually on reviewing this further it was actually Hunter The Punter who posted this first NOT Thomaas.

On 20/01/2019 at 9:06 PM, Chief Stipe said:

Loyalty to whom and what Kakama?  If I recall correctly you got the flick at both RC' s.

Yeah, so what....I think you dished me at one stage....earlier on when you and p4p were mates...then ya other mate scoobs dished me??

As for LOYALTY....I am talking about those that supported you here when you first started site....the many now that have left or considered leaving....all because of one wanker poster....that wrecks every thread he comments on....you are the only poster that comments on his threads??? 

Good luck....an old saying, you made your bed....you lie in it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2