Bit Of A Yarn

Hesi, Barry?

Newmarket

23 minutes ago, hesi said:

Keep it simple though, this guy is a troll, and should have been despatched a long time ago.  If you can't pick that, as most people have been telling you, you have no place owning and running a social media forum.

You have laboured over this, in the extreme, when some very basic common sense should be applied

And spare us the fucking bleeding mob mentality crap, people are trying to help you to save your own fucking forum, no other reason

Yet still you argue the point

Unbelievable

And stop hanging the I am the victim thing on us

You are the author of your own destiny

Obviously, this is the topic where all the sh*te is  ..... 

Its unbelievable that all these personas, could be so abusive to you Boss, when all you have done, is allow a forum for ALL ... 

I would suggest you suspend (for a week or two), all the protagonists, until they comprehend the true ideals behind free speech.

7 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You wouldn't have a fucking clue.

Actually I do.  One of my greatest dislikes are unqualified people who throw around mental diagnoses like confetti.  I've seen the damage it does and the unbearable harm it causes for some.

If your girlfriend did have any one (she can't have had all three) of those illnesses then she needed help and support not derision.  The latter is what you have posted and that says more about you than her.

8 hours ago, hesi said:

Keep it simple though, this guy is a troll, and should have been despatched a long time ago.  If you can't pick that, as most people have been telling you, you have no place owning and running a social media forum.

You have laboured over this, in the extreme, when some very basic common sense should be applied

And spare us the fucking bleeding mob mentality crap, people are trying to help you to save your own fucking forum, no other reason

Yet still you argue the point

Unbelievable

Yes I agree I shouldn't run a social media site the vitriol fired around and now directed personally at me is not worth the expense and effort.

Also I treated too lightly a post encouraging someone to commit suicide.  If something untoward had actually happened to that person and they had done self harm then the site and the author would have been facing Police charges.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

One of my greatest dislikes are unqualified people who throw around mental diagnoses like confetti. 

Cool. And one of mine is people who bend over backwards for toxic people who cause upset to others with no consequences.

I am qualified. I have been on the end of it. You don't need much more qualification than that. Until you have been there you have no idea.

If your girlfriend did have any one (she can't have had all three) of those illnesses

Who said she had all 3? But they do overlap in some shape or form. Certainly the narcissism and borderline. And she did have one, I can assure you of that.

she needed help and support not derision. 

Yeah. But these kinds of people don't want to hear it. They leave before all their secrets and horrible deeds get found out. They move on. Unfortunately, I was a casual spectator for years until I bore the brunt of it. Only then do you see how they operate fully.  

It is similar on here. A person causes grief for others and they are a protected specie. That is what toxic people do. They make themselves seem like the victim and will do anything to perpetuate that myth.

Simply put, bullies need to be stood up to but if you want to have freedom of speech that is fine. Great even. But all it does is provide a platform for toxic trolls to spin their shit and wreck it for the majority.

Stop protecting the instigator.

Yes I agree I shouldn't run a social media site the vitriol fired around and now directed personally at me is not worth the expense and effort.

Also I treated too lightly a post encouraging someone to commit suicide.  If something untoward had actually happened to that person and they had done self harm then the site and the author would have been facing Police charges.

That's correct, under the Harmful Digital Communications Act.

Which is why, I asked him to point out to me the post, (and I would have deleted it), because I had missed it, and you had apparently also missed it.

It's something I did on a small number of occasions.

Anyway, Thommo, did not respond then and he did not respond to my post a few days ago

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

then she needed help and support not derision.  The latter is what you have posted and that says more about you than her.

Couldn't give a shit about what is says about me.

She was the one who caused carnage in countless people's lives and I get blamed. Fuck that is familiar.

Just shows you are an apologist. Admirable but naive.

No more comment from me.

Keep it simple Doug

The guy is a troll, who is reeking havoc on the site.

So many are trying to tell you that, yet you continue to argue the point.

People are getting very flustered and agitated about it, because they see what is happening and despite some of the rhetoric getting a bit heated, they are doing it to try and save the site.

Another suggestion, put the guy on hold for a month, and see how quickly things return to normal.

Surely you can do that, just think of it as a social experiment:)

If I'm wrong, then I will willingly leave the site

Just long enough for PJ's current comp to finish:)

Edited by hesi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Couldn't give a shit about what is says about me.

She was the one who caused carnage in countless people's lives and I get blamed. Fuck that is familiar.

Just shows you are an apologist. Admirable but naive.

No more comment from me.

She may have caused carnage but if she was mentally ill then she needed help.  The fact you threw out the label NPD alongside BPD indicates you don't know what you are talking about.

I know someone who read a pop psychology column in one of the newspapers and labelled someone NPD.  It caused a great deal of harm.

If you haven't worked it out now I'm not an apologist for ANYONE.

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Keep it simple Doug

The guy is a troll, who is reeking havoc on the site.

So many are trying to tell you that, yet you continue to argue the point.

People are getting very flustered and agitated about it, because they see what is happening and despite some of the rhetoric getting a bit heated, they are doing it to try and save the site.

Another suggestion, put the guy on hold for a month, and see how quickly things return to normal.

Surely you can do that, just think of it as a social experiment:)

If I'm wrong, then I will willingly leave the site

Just long enough for PJ's current comp to finish:)

In my opinion HE is NOT ruining the site and being BOAY I'm entitled to express that opinion.

I note that I post the same innocuous post as Thomaas and it gets posts.  His doesn't.

Thomaas has made an offer to stand by the result of a poll.  I find that appalling and an unhealthy precedent.  However, so many of you can save face we will give Thomaas his moment in the limelight and run the Poll.

BTW I'm between a rock and a hard place as I have had many people requesting that I stick to my guns.