Bit Of A Yarn

Is it just me?

Mo Salah

or is anyone else having the same problem?  I have lots of them, but the one I have in mind ...

When I try to go to the most recent page in a conversation thread, it defaults to the first page of the conversation and I then have to click again to get to the latest page.  Pretty sure I used to be able to go straight to most recent page.  

Not as annoying as that stupid Bula Vinaka pop-up at the bottom of the other site, and certainly not life shattering, but a tiny bit frustrating nonetheless

• Like 8
  • Champ Post 5

Guest Whyisit
3 hours ago, jess said:

Yep ... seems to want you to start at page one every time.  Thought maybe it was a new initiative for the older BOAYer - in case our short-term memories needed jogging as to how the stories started ...  ?

Hi Jess.     Try cleaning out your browser cache.  

22 hours ago, Hedley said:

Me Too.,

and i also get an error message sometimes..saying that the page you are seeking is unobtainable sorta style.

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.4.29 (Unix) mod_hive/6.6 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 Server at bitofayarn.com Port 443

1 hour ago, Hedley said:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.4.29 (Unix) mod_hive/6.6 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 Server at bitofayarn.com Port 443

Hi Hedley.

I regularly get 503s on this site.

Cheers

Pete

• Champ Post 1

Guest CrossCodes

Yes, I get this message coming up almost every time I log onto the site now, normally only lasts for 10-20 seconds sometimes longer, it’s been happening for ages.

BA5ED726-CDD7-45A0-9F84-A9806B621316.png

Yes it has been frustrating to say the least, but how many have  gone thru to the Chief pointing out  the problem   and offered him some help?  We are  lucky to have a Platform like this!!    Scooby is up to his old tricks and is threatening again, asking for proof that has been documented well and Truly.. I still shudder at the Venom directed to me for several weeks after being told to F off by him.  He was relentless in abusing me... and all I did was state facts even tho they were premature before being Confirmed. Maybe Chief can post how we can help him in any way so that this site will just get  better,  and remind Scoobs he is just an arsehole in disguise....  

Hi All 

It is an upgrade problem.  Been working on it.

Thanks for staying on but you'll have to give me a few days or so to sort it.  

By the way I'm aware of a THIRD alternative racing site that has arisen out of the Hesi/Thomass scrap.

Makes you wonder why I bother sometimes!

Cheers

Chief

• Champ Post 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Hi All 

It is an upgrade problem.  Been working on it.

Thanks for staying on but you'll have to give me a few days or so to sort it.  

By the way I'm aware of a THIRD alternative racing site that has arisen out of the Hesi/Thomass scrap.

Makes you wonder why I bother sometimes!

Cheers

Chief

It's a free speech country Doug as you always tell everyone.

Why on earth shouldn't someone be free to start another forum?

You don't hear people complaining when a new newspaper starts up. I fail to see the difference.

We've been to great lengths to emphasize that we're only trying to offer something different.

If you'd like to take a look you'll see we're already offering content that you and the other incumbent don't bother with.

If it fails, it fails. You won't find a word of criticism about you or the other bloke on there.

I'm really surprised you've chosen to snipe like this but you do have the right to say what you like so go for it.

PS No upgrade problems on our site. We're in the cloud.

• Champ Post 1