Bit Of A Yarn

Thomass

I have been on this site probably about six weeks now and have Thomass as one of the best posters here. I haven't seen anything wrong it what he has posted to date and certainly nothing what I would call offensive. He has a unique way of writing (very much tongue in cheek and humourous) and seems to possess a lot of knowledge of racing procedures etc. Certainly picking up on the leaving off of the barrier blanket off In A Twinkling before the Derby was an outstanding piece of work.

If I am honest, I have found other posters problematic ie trying to call the shots and undermining the site owner which I have pointed out and the thread calling out Thomass  into providing some tips for Saturday was without doubt a form of bullying.

Sites like this are for discussing topics and ideas it would be pretty boring if everyone had the same opinion. That way you wouldn't need any of these sites if everyone agreed over everything.

A poster like Thomass (from my time here) is actually quite invaluable. He creates topics and bring things to our attention things that I would say a lot of us don't pickup  on and draws them to our attention. I was looking forward to his weekend round up when I got home but alas nothing there.  

• Champ Post 4

Thomaas is free to post.  He hasn't been banned.

"Calling him out" as you call it was an attempt to have a comparison between his tipping "blueprint" and others on the site.

Thomaas is very quick to pull to bits others tipping strategies but never posts his selections BEFORE a race.

I agree I find the majority of his posts are news worthy.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

29 minutes ago, All The Aces said:

I have been on this site probably about six weeks now and have Thomass as one of the best posters here. I haven't seen anything wrong it what he has posted to date and certainly nothing what I would call offensive. He has a unique way of writing (very much tongue in cheek and humourous) and seems to possess a lot of knowledge of racing procedures etc. Certainly picking up on the leaving off of the barrier blanket off In A Twinkling before the Derby was an outstanding piece of work.

If I am honest, I have found other posters problematic ie trying to call the shots and undermining the site owner which I have pointed out and the thread calling out Thomass  into providing some tips for Saturday was without doubt a form of bullying.

Sites like this are for discussing topics and ideas it would be pretty boring if everyone had the same opinion. That way you wouldn't need any of these sites if everyone agreed over everything.

A poster like Thomass (from my time here) is actually quite invaluable. He creates topics and bring things to our attention things that I would say a lot of us don't pickup  on and draws them to our attention. I was looking forward to his weekend round up when I got home but alas nothing there.  

You clearly haven't attempted to disagree with him...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Thomaas is free to post.  He hasn't been banned.

"Calling him out" as you call it was an attempt to have a comparison between his tipping "blueprint" and others on the site.

Thomaas is very quick to pull to bits others tipping strategies but never posts his selections BEFORE a race.

I agree I find the majority of his posts are news worthy.

Is it correct to conclude that since he isn't banned he has just stopped posting?

Or are his posts just sitting in a moderation queue somewhere?

1 hour ago, pete said:

Is it correct to conclude that since he isn't banned he has just stopped posting?

Or are his posts just sitting in a moderation queue somewhere?

He has stopped posting.

I note however that no one has rushed in to fill the void.

Pete do you have anything news worthy to post?

• Haha 1

Well he is not missed because he refuses (or is incapable) of using proper english and he resorts to talking utter tripe when someone contradicts him.  The fact he posts stories might be down to the number of good people who refuse to post while he dominates the site.

He might not be offensive(now he has got over his fetishes for young  girl jockeys) but he is extremely irritating at times.

Unfortunately he will be back though you can guarantee that 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, All The Aces said:

has my mate tommy gone  where are you tommy wallys back

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

You all poke the bear and then cry when he does return fire.

Take the good points of his posts and forget about the stuff in between. His posts take some deciphering but he does make valid points, yet... the same members continue to bring up the same arguments and derail the threads.

• Like 3

Yes agree, Thomo brings up some good debate, his tipping skills are irrelevant to me, if you take away the salient points and ignore what you don't like about his posts....most stuff is tongue in cheek...... I'm sure he is now sitting in front of the sun lamp at home sipping on a soy latte, working on his bikini line, the princess sitting beside him in a heap waiting for that new puncture repair kit to arrive! Keep your Chins up Thomas

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SLB2.0 said:

You all poke the bear and then cry when he does return fire.

Take the good points of his posts and forget about the stuff in between. His posts take some deciphering but he does make valid points, yet... the same members continue to bring up the same arguments and derail the threads.

'You all poke the bear......'?

Well tell the bear to stop talking shiite then

If he want to talk drivel he shouldn't start whimpering when he someone attacks him

Mind you it is a mistake to attack him because it invariably produces an avalanche of more drivel.

He has chased away far too many sensible people from the site for my liking

• Like 4

18 hours ago, All The Aces said:

Absolutely spot on ATA -I'm sure Thomas will be back from the Maldives soon

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reefton said:

'You all poke the bear......'?

Well tell the bear to stop talking shiite then

If he want to talk drivel he shouldn't start whimpering when he someone attacks him

Mind you it is a mistake to attack him because it invariably produces an avalanche of more drivel.

He has chased away far too many sensible people from the site for my liking

Key point Brian, some very intelligent people and some major contributors to the site

This thread in itself is example of the damage done....another thread on whether Thomas should stay or go9_9 instead of debating racing issues.

We have put a proposal to the Chief, about coming back on board, and bringing our considerable and proven energies, but I'm afraid none of it is inclusive of Thomass, so it probably will not happen

It would see also quite a few known dissenters return, plus those unknown ones that have lost interest in the site because of the usually inane drivel, that has become a feature of Thoroughbred.

We'll plod on with our site, regardless of the resistance towards it and what we have tried to make it stand for.  If it can establish itself, all well and good, if not then as I have said before, at least we gave it a go.

As an interesting note, if you were sitting there on RC, and you wanted to damage your main competitor, what would be the best way:).....beware of Greeks bearing gifts

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hesi said:

Key point Brian, some very intelligent people and some major contributors to the site

This thread in itself is example of the damage done....another thread on whether Thomas should stay or go9_9 instead of debating racing issues.

We have put a proposal to the Chief, about coming back on board, and bringing our considerable and proven energies, but I'm afraid none of it is inclusive of Thomass, so it probably will not happen

It would see also quite a few known dissenters return, plus those unknown ones that have lost interest in the site because of the usually inane drivel, that has become a feature of Thoroughbred.

We'll plod on with our site, regardless of the resistance towards it and what we have tried to make it stand for.  If it can establish itself, all well and good, if not then as I have said before, at least we gave it a go.

As an interesting note, if you were sitting there on RC, and you wanted to damage your main competitor, what would be the best way:).....beware of Greeks bearing gifts

You'd probably play your ace ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Feel free Hesi to post your demands or do you want me to post them for you?

• Sad 1

Knock yourself out Doug if you want to play more games. We had some conversations which contained PROPOSALS.

You've clearly decided to reject them which is absolutely your right.

I was really hoping we could work together but not to be.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pete said:

Knock yourself out Doug if you want to play more games. We had some conversations which contained PROPOSALS.

Is there no way for the people that don't want to see thomo's posts not to? ie. If someone blocks him they don't see any of his content, was there not something like that on R.C? I can't remember

18 minutes ago, pete said:

I'm not playing games.  Just want to make sure everyone has all the information.

All you needed to do was give a definitive answer to what was being proposed.

You haven't and that's why I think you're playing games.

If you wanted to have the discussion in public you should have made that clear. I know you've offered to let us moderate the thoroughbred channel but no other detail.