Bit Of A Yarn

Thomass

41 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Is there no way for the people that don't want to see thomo's posts not to? ie. If someone blocks him they don't see any of his content, was there not something like that on R.C? I can't remember

He posts so often and people quote him so often, that it is not a workable option.

What are you going to do Des, block anyone that quotes him as well

1 hour ago, pete said:

All you needed to do was give a definitive answer to what was being proposed.

You haven't and that's why I think you're playing games.

If you wanted to have the discussion in public you should have made that clear. I know you've offered to let us moderate the thoroughbred channel but no other detail.

Isn't that akin to letting the lunatics run the asylum. ? 

• Haha 1

FFs....Thomass brings critique to the 'feds' and highlights many failings of the heirarchy we are all obliged to work under.

Good on him for that.

The Princess - well,  no,  she does nothing for me or most others.  So I don't read about her.

Yes,  he goes off at a tangent - so ignore those posts.

His punting ideas [ b/s] drive some to distraction - so ignore ,  or block him.

Now,  let's discuss what we all think about Saint Cindy wearing the hijab....or something else of moderate interest.

• Champ Post 1

21 minutes ago, Freda said:

Now,  let's discuss what we all think about Saint Cindy wearing the hijab....or something else of moderate interest.

Careful Pam, that will be deemed as racist.

We are living in a time when everybody and everything offends someone, somehow, somewhere. There is more to that I could add but it would be deemed offensive to someone, however 65% of the population will spend the rest of there lives as a collective group appologising to the rest for offending them for nothing much else in a lot of cases other than our ancestry.

Anyway back to Global Warming.

Edited by barryb
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hesi said:

He posts so often and people quote him so often, that it is not a workable option.

What are you going to do Des, block anyone that quotes him as well

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

It is a workable option.  Give it a try Des.

Arrrrhhhh come on fellas, there must be a solution, if thomarse is the only problem on boay then r.c was  like hell on earth! Any chance of getting Thomas + anti Thomas to sign a peace treaty and not step on each other's toes? Surely something can be done so we can just carry on?

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

I don't comment on what Thomass says but I do read most of it. I find it is invariably informative and an easy enough read. He's exactly the sort of contributor that gives sites like this a pulse. Without people like him this superb site could turn into another RC bore-fest where vested interest, arrogance and the misogynistic Ted the troll are the menu of the day. 

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 2

21 minutes ago, All The Aces said:

I won't dignify that with a response but would point out any moderator should be objective, neutral and fair. ?

It was an entirely true comment because it did tell me everything I need to know about you.

I guess I can add pomposity.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, barryb said:

Careful Pam, that will be deemed as racist.

We are living in a time when everybody and everything offends someone, somehow, somewhere. There is more to that I could add but it would be deemed offensive to someone, however 65% of the population will spend the rest of there lives as a collective group appologising to the rest for offending them for nothing much else in a lot of cases other than our ancestry.

Anyway back to Global Warming.

Jeewhiz Barry you are winding me up tonight....

I don’t believe in global warming. 

I don’t believe in your betting strategies of looking for value when it seems you can’t actually even find a winner.

Now you are saying that most of us will spend the rest of our lives apologising for being born the colour we are, which again I don’t believe. 

Sorry old boy to disagree with you, on so many points.

Regards

Thomas (in disguise)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dark Beau said:

Jeewhiz Barry you are winding me up tonight....

I don’t believe in global warming. 

I don’t believe in your betting strategies of looking for value when it seems you can’t actually even find a winner.

Now you are saying that most of us will spend the rest of our lives apologising for being born the colour we are, which again I don’t believe. 

Sorry old boy to disagree with you, on so many points.

Regards

Thomas (in disguise)

I could’nt care less what T thinks on any matter, the guy is a troll whose only mission is to destroy things and he has succeeded here.

I have read posters claiming he is great for holding RIU and others to account, shame it’s all regurgitated from other sites and not an original thought was had.

32 minutes ago, barryb said:

I could’nt care less what T thinks on any matter, the guy is a troll whose only mission is to destroy things and he has succeeded here.

I have read posters claiming he is great for holding RIU and others to account, shame it’s all regurgitated from other sites and not an original thought was had.

...one of those being me,  obviously...but if what you say is correct [ and I'm sure it is ] I'll have to remove a tick from that box.

Yes, he was caught out on numerous times posting stuff as original, the worst was when Mardigras outed him for posting UK selections that weren't his.

No one has issues with posting from other sites as you say chief, but theres a reason T attracts the name fraud.

• Like 1

Ode to TArse

Words surround you
Spitting spite in your face
They tell you you're ugly
And try to keep you in place.
The trolls attack you with
relentless renown
And now you're not smiling
You're beginning to frown.

They have no feelings and no sense of shame
When they drag you into their internet game.
Their words and their insults often take toll
For this is the life of an Internet Troll.

You try to ignore but have to fight back
but sometimes being strong is all that you lack.
They are there to hurt you
Because that's their goal
This is the life of an Internet Troll.

You're welcome.
  • Like 2

Are you displaying a little bit of hypocrisy in your last two posts?

Keep playing your games Doug. What I posted was in no way abusive, merely defending myself against an unwarranted attack.

I'm really through with trying to negotiate with you as you have no interest in doing anything but trying to score points to keep your adoring sycophants happy.

51 minutes ago, The Diceman's Been said:

Ode to TArse

Words surround you
Spitting spite in your face
They tell you you're ugly
And try to keep you in place.
The trolls attack you with
relentless renown
And now you're not smiling
You're beginning to frown.

They have no feelings and no sense of shame
When they drag you into their internet game.
Their words and their insults often take toll
For this is the life of an Internet Troll.

You try to ignore but have to fight back
but sometimes being strong is all that you lack.
They are there to hurt you
Because that's their goal
This is the life of an Internet Troll.

You're welcome.

dont worry dc my mate tommy will be back shortly he run short of a bit of cash so he got a job at hq helping leo shuck those $25 dollar oysters

Since Pete and Hesi agreed to me posting their demands - here they are:

Thomass goes

BOAY is run with the philosophy of rigorous, hard hitting but respectful debate, but leaving out the toxicity and personal abuse(The way your harness section degenerated was disgraceful)

Pete and I come on as moderators(we are at no charge), to try and make sure the above happens as much as possible.  We are never going to get 100%, but people will soon get the message.

Obviously we close TRP, but first let the comps run to the finish

If the above happens, then Mardi and Barry come back, Punting 101 starts to fly again, VC, Docker, Sandpiper, FeeltheFear, Turny and a few I may have missed start posting again.

Barry starts putting up his value selections on BOAY, he has been trouble free on TRP, because he has been treated with respect for the input he is making

Others who have got fed up with Thomass and his mainly inane posts will come back.  It is not an option to ignore, he posts so many times, and people quote him, so ignoring is not workable.

PJ will therefore almost certainly keep his comps at BOAY

Give Jason back his comp moderator rights, and allow me to handle any issues with him.

Brian will probably bring over his mid-week comps, although he is a hard one to read.

All of a sudden back to where we were in Jan, before Thomass took over and it all went sour, 83 posts per day on Thoroughbred, double RC

Take your choice Doug.

Do you want to protect the rights of a troll, whose sole purpose in life is self aggrandisement to satisfy a sick ego.  Someone who will fuck you over and your site and laugh

Or do you want to go with us, 2 people whose sole purpose is to see a very good racing chat forum established

Cheers

I see you are still playing games as you have done for sometime now(do you think we are stupid or something), suggest you have a look back a couple of weeks and see what it was like.

Anyway, just rehashing our proposal

1.  Thomass is out permanent

2.  Pete and I come on as moderators

3.  All of the site has equitable, sensible and objective moderation to try and achieve respectful but robust, hard hitting debate without the personal abuse.  I don't care who does it

4.  We close down TRP once the current comps are finished

• Confused 1

Are you displaying a little bit of hypocrisy in your last two posts?

Maybe you should be looking at yourself.

Can't you see the hypocrisy if telling everyone that Thomas isn't banned but then putting his posts in a moderation queue that nobody else can see.

If there are posts in that queue but you aren't releasing  any of them then he's effectively banned. I find it impossible to believe someone as prolific as he is has suddenly stopped posting.

I can see why you tried to get into politics...