Bit Of A Yarn

Thomass

11 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Since Pete and Hesi agreed to me posting their demands - here they are:

Thomass goes

BOAY is run with the philosophy of rigorous, hard hitting but respectful debate, but leaving out the toxicity and personal abuse(The way your harness section degenerated was disgraceful)

Pete and I come on as moderators(we are at no charge), to try and make sure the above happens as much as possible.  We are never going to get 100%, but people will soon get the message.

Obviously we close TRP, but first let the comps run to the finish

If the above happens, then Mardi and Barry come back, Punting 101 starts to fly again, VC, Docker, Sandpiper, FeeltheFear, Turny and a few I may have missed start posting again.

Barry starts putting up his value selections on BOAY, he has been trouble free on TRP, because he has been treated with respect for the input he is making

Others who have got fed up with Thomass and his mainly inane posts will come back.  It is not an option to ignore, he posts so many times, and people quote him, so ignoring is not workable.

PJ will therefore almost certainly keep his comps at BOAY

Give Jason back his comp moderator rights, and allow me to handle any issues with him.

Brian will probably bring over his mid-week comps, although he is a hard one to read.

All of a sudden back to where we were in Jan, before Thomass took over and it all went sour, 83 posts per day on Thoroughbred, double RC

Take your choice Doug.

Do you want to protect the rights of a troll, whose sole purpose in life is self aggrandisement to satisfy a sick ego.  Someone who will fuck you over and your site and laugh

Or do you want to go with us, 2 people whose sole purpose is to see a very good racing chat forum established

Cheers

I see you are still playing games as you have done for sometime now(do you think we are stupid or something), suggest you have a look back a couple of weeks and see what it was like.

Anyway, just rehashing our proposal

1.  Thomass is out permanent

2.  Pete and I come on as moderators

3.  All of the site has equitable, sensible and objective moderation to try and achieve respectful but robust, hard hitting debate without the personal abuse.  I don't care who does it

4.  We close down TRP once the current comps are finished

perhaps we could stop tommy from posting and give him job as moderator lol lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Thomass goes

BOAY is run with the philosophy of rigorous, hard hitting but respectful debate, but leaving out the toxicity and personal abuse(The way your harness section degenerated was disgraceful)

Pete and I come on as moderators(we are at no charge), to try and make sure the above happens as much as possible.  We are never going to get 100%, but people will soon get the message.

If the above happens, then Mardi and Barry come back, Punting 101 starts to fly again, VC, Docker, Sandpiper, FeeltheFear, Turny and a few I may have missed start posting again.

Barry starts putting up his value selections on BOAY, he has been trouble free on TRP, because he has been treated with respect for the input he is making

Others who have got fed up with Thomass and his mainly inane posts will come back.  It is not an option to ignore, he posts so many times, and people quote him, so ignoring is not workable.

Give Jason back his comp moderator rights, and allow me to handle any issues with him.

Brian will probably bring over his mid-week comps, although he is a hard one to read.

All of a sudden back to where we were in Jan, before Thomass took over and it all went sour, 83 posts per day on Thoroughbred, double RC

Take your choice Doug.

Do you want to protect the rights of a troll, whose sole purpose in life is self aggrandisement to satisfy a sick ego.  Someone who will fuck you over and your site and laugh

Or do you want to go with us, 2 people whose sole purpose is to see a very good racing chat forum established

Cheers

I see you are still playing games as you have done for sometime now(do you think we are stupid or something), suggest you have a look back a couple of weeks and see what it was like.

3.  All of the site has equitable, sensible and objective moderation to try and achieve respectful but robust, hard hitting debate without the personal abuse.  I don't care who does it

THEY ARE NOT DEMANDS.

Do you have trouble comprehending plain English?

Just now, pete said:

Maybe you should be looking at yourself.

Can't you see the hypocrisy if telling everyone that Thomas isn't banned but then putting his posts in a moderation queue that nobody else can see.

If there are posts in that queue but you aren't releasing  any of them then he's effectively banned. I find it impossible to believe someone as prolific as he is has suddenly stopped posting.

I can see why you tried to get into politics...

I assure you he has only posted ONCE since being moderated and I released that post soon after.  He has NOT posted anything since.

So no hypocrisy here.  

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

I assure you he has only posted ONCE since being moderated and I released that post soon after.  He has NOT posted anything since.

So no hypocrisy here.  

Well we just have your word for that don't we?

13 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Thomass goes

Take your choice Doug.

Cheers

Slipping in your principles with respect to privacy Doug, normally very good on that

That was a private PM from me, and there is nowhere that I have agreed to it's publication

6 minutes ago, hesi said:

Slipping in your principles with respect to privacy Doug, normally very good on that

That was a private PM from me, and there is nowhere that I have agreed to it's publication

Your partner said earlier in this thread that it was OK to "knock myself out"......

1 minute ago, hesi said:

Just to clarify

All those proposals have been withdrawn, and were so, the moment you started playing your little games.

Good luck with Thomass

I'm not playing games I'm exposing you for what you are.  I have had several people complain privately to me about your "private correspondence" with them through this forum.  Quite frankly I'd rather have those people stay on board.

With regard to Thomaas it is entirely up to him if he wants to participate.  At the moment it appears he does not want to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pete said:

So you tacitly condoned it.

Who's playing with the English language now?  I made it quite clear to Hesi I wasn't playing that game.

So don't imply that I condoned it.  FFS I let you and Hesi do the same thing on BOAY when I could have stopped it.  You both made the decisions to act the way you have.

I'll let others make the moral judgements.

47 minutes ago, All The Aces said:

Quite enlightening content indeed.

Seems crystal clear to me. 

I think a line drawn in the sand by the chief.....he has stuck to what he said from the get go and hasn't wavered......why can we not move forward with that knowledge......Pete, hesi, Barry etc you guys provide great content, and for those that Thomo doesn't affect he provides light relief and some good content,  everyone is cutting off their nose to spite their face........ solutions without any exclusions of anyone welcome?

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2019 at 8:24 AM, pete said:

Maybe you should be looking at yourself.

Can't you see the hypocrisy if telling everyone that Thomas isn't banned but then putting his posts in a moderation queue that nobody else can see.

If there are posts in that queue but you aren't releasing  any of them then he's effectively banned. I find it impossible to believe someone as prolific as he is has suddenly stopped posting.

I can see why you tried to get into politics...

Actually having thought about this attack on my integrity I realised that everyone who had Competition Moderation rights would have received an email when Thomaas posted.  Suggest you check with your mates Pete how many times Thomaas has posted and the veracity of my statements.

That is you don't have "just my word for it"!