Bit Of A Yarn

Heathens....REPENT NOW!!!

Thomass

2 hours ago, Thomass said:

Wow exciting life down there Reefer!

Ive just got home from a full night of fornifying and I'm still high too!

Trouble is I can't remember much at all...

It must have been a bodice rippin' foricating night 

Mmmm, but we need to talk about the elephant in the room Thomo........ with your memory problem, did you happen to wake up this morning with a sore bum and 50cents in your hand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wont waste to much time on you Thomass because you are a plonker and not worth the effort but I will reflect on how your coming back on stream has (again) chased away a lot of regular posters on the site 

You are halfwit but lines from two songs come to mind when I think of you -  first Kevin Bloody Wilson '...  you're  a pisstank and a pervert  and you're not even very bright...'.  I have no idea(and no interest) about the first description which makes me think of Meatloaf '.... don't be sad cos two out of three ain't bad'.

In the words of Dennis Connor '...You're a loser, get off the stage'

• Like 2

Reefton you are as bad a the Australian Rugby Union and that idiot CEO of Qantas  (Queers And Nymphomanics Training As Stewards).

The Folau issue is all about free speech as are Thomass's posts here. 

There is a famous quote and it is the basis for what is going on both in Australia and indeed even in this country as people's views and expressions are being shut down on the basis of someone may be offended.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

13 hours ago, All The Aces said:

Reefton you are as bad a the Australian Rugby Union and that idiot CEO of Qantas  (Queers And Nymphomanics Training As Stewards).

The Folau issue is all about free speech as are Thomass's posts here. 

There is a famous quote and it is the basis for what is going on both in Australia and indeed even in this country as people's views and expressions are being shut down on the basis of someone may be offended.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Oh dear A of A. You quoted me back exactly the quote I referred to in the eleventh post on this thread.  You need to keep up.

The issue with Thomass is not his right to an opinion it is the inevitable drivel he starts spewing if anyone takes him on.  Notice the number of threads he starts and nobody else comments because they know what will happen.  Plus his clear tendency towards lewd remarks and his inability to use even passably correct grammer and spelling.  If he wants to be a pain in the arse he should expect people to get sick of him.   And besides which he continually attacks me and for some warped reason referring to Dean MeKenzie who I cannot recall ever commenting on, or criticizing, who I do not know but who people who do know say is a decent bloke ( though is only one of several on the MAG so will not be the saviour on his own anyway).

The original point is this -  Isreal Folau can say whatever he wants. The problem is that people take any notice of him. Folau is a good rugby player full stop. I have no more interest in his morals and opinions on non rugby matters than he does in mine.  If I want expert advice on how to train a horse I will ask Pitty or Freda or someone of that ilk who have been there done it. If I want to know how my horse ran I will ask CWJ or whoever rode it. I am not going to ask Micheal or Pam or Chris what they think about (say) the conservation movement in NZ because I do not believe they have any expertise in that area.  Admittedly Pitty  is a bit of a mate of mine so we might discuss all manner of things but that is because we are friends.

This problem arises pure and simple out of the hero worship of these guys which, other than purely for his(Folau's)ability in a variety of ball sports, is unjustified.  My kids learnt things(in terms of their outlook on life)from their mother and I and their mates not from some screaming pop star or sports person.

Let them get on with their sporting or acting or whatever endeavour and admire them for it but for God's sake I am not interested in their opinion on global warming, homos,  abortion, politics or whatever else they take to social media to comment on.  And the world needs to take far less notice as well.

• Like 1

Spot on, Reefton.

The matter, though, as far as Aus rugby is concerned, is the content of Israel's contract.

It appears he has not fulfilled his obligations in that respect and I guess they have the right to ditch him as a result.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Reefton said:

You are halfwit but lines from two songs come to mind when I think of you -  first Kevin Bloody Wilson '...  you're  a pisstank and a pervert  and you're not even very bright...'.  I have no idea(and no interest) about the first description which makes me think of Meatloaf '.... don't be sad cos two out of three ain't bad'.

In the words of Dennis Connor '...You're a loser, get off the stage'

Hold it Reefer...Ive just realised...thanks to you

I can be a pisstank and/or fornicator up until the day I'm onda deathbed....fornicate myself sillier than even now....

...repent....and I'll be going straight to paradise with as many virgins as I want....

...while an oxygen thief like yourself is too silly to realise that it's never too late..to even realise who Macka is...

..but you'll be headin without passing Go to the pits of hellfire and damnation...

...without a virgin in sight....  Loser!!

1 hour ago, Reefton said:

Oh dear A of A. You quoted me back exactly the quote I referred to in the eleventh post on this thread.  You need to keep up.

The issue with Thomass is not his right to an opinion it is the inevitable drivel he starts spewing if anyone takes him on.  Notice the number of threads he starts and nobody else comments because they know what will happen.  Plus his clear tendency towards lewd remarks and his inability to use even passably correct grammer and spelling.  If he wants to be a pain in the arse he should expect people to get sick of him.   And besides which he continually attacks me and for some warped reason referring to Dean MeKenzie who I cannot recall ever commenting on, or criticizing, who I do not know but who people who do know say is a decent bloke ( though is only one of several on the MAG so will not be the saviour on his own anyway).

The original point is this -  Isreal Folau can say whatever he wants. The problem is that people take any notice of him. Folau is a good rugby player full stop. I have no more interest in his morals and opinions on non rugby matters than he does in mine.  If I want expert advice on how to train a horse I will ask Pitty or Freda or someone of that ilk who have been there done it. If I want to know how my horse ran I will ask CWJ or whoever rode it. I am not going to ask Micheal or Pam or Chris what they think about (say) the conservation movement in NZ because I do not believe they have any expertise in that area.  Admittedly Pitty  is a bit of a mate of mine so we might discuss all manner of things but that is because we are friends.

This problem arises pure and simple out of the hero worship of these guys which, other than purely for his(Folau's)ability in a variety of ball sports, is unjustified.  My kids learnt things(in terms of their outlook on life)from their mother and I and their mates not from some screaming pop star or sports person.

Let them get on with their sporting or acting or whatever endeavour and admire them for it but for God's sake I am not interested in their opinion on global warming, homos,  abortion, politics or whatever else they take to social media to comment on.  And the world needs to take far less notice as well.

I probably could have worded my first sentence better Reefton having re-read it. I wasn't getting at you but rather trying making a point to Thomass re the quote and this is where this so called hate speech comes into it. What may be offensive to one person is not offensive another person.

One should be free to express opinions or have a contrary view to another person and not be constrained to the current perceived set of ideas and views. Without thought outside the controlled social vacuum and without the premise of challenging ideas and thoughts mankind would never have progressed.  

Shutting down dissenting thought or speech is completely totalitarian which is abhorrent but it appears that this is what some people and governments want. Perhaps George Orwell's book 1984 should be entitled 2024 and reclassified as non-fiction.  ? 

What you're all forgetting about the REALITY....

is that Folau has a high profile platform from which to launch his bile....thanks solely to his employers and sport making him famous...without that he becomes just another religious zealot who no sane person would take notice of...

Unfortunately for him, his sponsors and employers don't like ignorant bile from an all inclusive welcoming environment point of view....

...besides homosexuals in a ruck situation may not want to be too hard on him...if you get my drift...and try to give him a man hug....while his team mates in a shower situation will be bending over picking up the soap to give him a look as to what he's missing....

...and you simply can't have that to maintain discipline in a sport that requires hardness and ridgiditty in the heat of battle

Interesting thread.

9 hours ago, Reefton said:

Isreal Folau can say whatever he wants

If we all went around saying whatever we like there would be a war on every street corner. 

Israel Folau is a fool for not realising the probable impact of his comments and the disrepute it brings to his faith. He is more than entitled to oppose gay marriage in Australia as he did but when he starts spouting what he did he is getting into dangerous territory.

I just wonder how such a religious fella feels about his wife doing a past fashion shoot like this below. Hope he has a word to her or is she going to hell with the rest of us? Israel might be a lonely boy in heaven.

Photographs courtesy of the NZ Herald 

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/spy/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501135&objectid=11472399

Maria Tutaia on the black sands of Piha Beach. Photo / Sherry RobertsMaria Tutaia in a shoot for Goss Lingerie. Photo / Sherry Roberts

19 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Interesting thread.

If we all went around saying whatever we like there would be a war on every street corner. 

Israel Folau is a fool for not realising the probable impact of his comments and the disrepute it brings to his faith. He is more than entitled to oppose gay marriage in Australia as he did but when he starts spouting what he did he is getting into dangerous territory.

I just wonder how such a religious fella feels about his wife doing a past fashion shoot like this below. Hope he has a word to her or is she going to hell with the rest of us? Israel might be a lonely boy in heaven.

Photographs courtesy of the NZ Herald 

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/spy/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501135&objectid=11472399

Maria Tutaia on the black sands of Piha Beach. Photo / Sherry RobertsMaria Tutaia in a shoot for Goss Lingerie. Photo / Sherry Roberts

Wrong religion HS. Nothing in the Bible about not doing a photo shoot. ? 

• Like 1

Very good post Reefton.......god help us if we ever had another war where the country needed to call up young men to fight!!  "That Islamic jihadi called me an infidel, my feelings are hurt"   thank God in 50 years time I will either be 6 foot under or too senile to care, but if words on the internet make people into hysterical wrecks now, will looking at someone the wrong way send the cotton wool kids off the edge in the future or be enough to get you fired from your job? The mind boggles.

• 9 months later...

I see after Israels success at defending his rights to free speech in his action against Rugby Australia, his career is now on a roll with Catalan Dragons in France. Israel will be a great asset and inspiration to this Club, including being a great role model. I look forward to Catalans doing battle with Sonny Bill Williams Club. They will both raise the profile of the super league, and take it to a new level.