Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
All The Aces

You Have To Laugh

Recommended Posts

Someone from the other site has posted:

Owner's Preferred Pronunciations

16-06-2019, 11:45 AM
 
This reached a new level of ridiculousness today with race 1 at Te Awamutu where the commentator in a rather rueful sounding tone announced that the "correct pronunciation of #3 "Sleepy Geeg" is in fact Super Geegee.

You know something ? It's not !! There is no language/dialect or previous precedent where this pronunciation would lend credence to the owner's interpretation. You may as well announce that "Mongolian Khan" is pronounced "Maldivian King". It simply isn't and to burden commentators, presenters and of course punters with this bullshit is unacceptable.

If any commentators read this please ignore owner's wishes in situations like this for the sake of the future. It's batshit madness.
 
 
Talk about being pretentious. Firstly it is an owner's prerogative to call their horse whatever name they want not someone else.
 
Secondly he is incorrect in his statement "There is no language/dialect or previous precedent where this pronunciation would lend credence to the owner's interpretation." 
 
He is wrong:
Top definition
A variation of a term used in gaming, "Good Game" or "GG"
 
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm almost (I said almost!!) sorry for Judas and Brutus over on that other site they started.

3 posts in the last five days. Aren't they travelling well! ?  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never let the facts get in the way of a complete crock of manure mate.

If you stopped to look around for a second instead of disappearing up your own orifice you'd find we've moved house and we're travelling quite a bit better than this echo chamber..

Dickhead...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, All The Aces said:

I'm almost (I said almost!!) sorry for Judas and Brutus over on that other site they started.

3 posts in the last five days. Aren't they travelling well! ?  

Don't worry about them ATA....

Those types are attracting fleas...and should be judged by the company they keep...

...Im frankly surprised that Pete Jenkins...esteemed employee of Arrowfield and writer of your racing name post..

...would either have the time or inclination to associate himself with such fleas...

Both WARNED OFF ALL RACECOURSES...no wonder he wanted to start a Punters club...he couldn't get on course to bet

"An alleged assault at the Otago Greyhound  Racing Club meeting at Forbury Park on Friday is under investigation by the police.

Licensed trainer Matthew McCook and  former licence holder, Jason McCook are alleged to have assaulted officials of the club.

``It is a reasonably serious case of assault and the police are investigating," Mike Godber, the operations manager of the Racing Integrity Unit, said. He said the incident had been covered on video.

John Carlyle, the manager of the OGRC, said he had been involved, along with the president, John Guthrie in the incident outside the club rooms.

``I can't talk about it because of the police investigation," he said."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thomass said:

Don't worry about them ATA....

Those types are attracting fleas...and should be judged by the company they keep...

...Im frankly surprised that Pete Jenkins...esteemed employee of Arrowfield and writer of your racing name post..

...would either have the time or inclination to associate himself with such fleas...

Both WARNED OFF ALL RACECOURSES...no wonder he wanted to start a Punters club...he couldn't get on course to bet

"An alleged assault at the Otago Greyhound  Racing Club meeting at Forbury Park on Friday is under investigation by the police.

Licensed trainer Matthew McCook and  former licence holder, Jason McCook are alleged to have assaulted officials of the club.

``It is a reasonably serious case of assault and the police are investigating," Mike Godber, the operations manager of the Racing Integrity Unit, said. He said the incident had been covered on video.

John Carlyle, the manager of the OGRC, said he had been involved, along with the president, John Guthrie in the incident outside the club rooms.

``I can't talk about it because of the police investigation," he said."

 

Deluded

The only reason I visit this site, once populated by many interesting and varied contributors, is to check that the village idiot is still posting

Because if he is, then every day he posts, is a day closer, to the day, this site fades into anonymity.

95% of you all know this is true, the other 5% are morons, and who cares what they think.

By the way, where is the Punter's Club fellas.  Never happen will it, no one has got what it takes, easier just to be destructive, than do anything positive

 

Edited by hesi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/06/2019 at 9:45 PM, All The Aces said:

Someone from the other site has posted:

Owner's Preferred Pronunciations

16-06-2019, 11:45 AM
 
This reached a new level of ridiculousness today with race 1 at Te Awamutu where the commentator in a rather rueful sounding tone announced that the "correct pronunciation of #3 "Sleepy Geeg" is in fact Super Geegee.

You know something ? It's not !! There is no language/dialect or previous precedent where this pronunciation would lend credence to the owner's interpretation. You may as well announce that "Mongolian Khan" is pronounced "Maldivian King". It simply isn't and to burden commentators, presenters and of course punters with this bullshit is unacceptable.

If any commentators read this please ignore owner's wishes in situations like this for the sake of the future. It's batshit madness.
 
 
Talk about being pretentious. Firstly it is an owner's prerogative to call their horse whatever name they want not someone else.
 
Secondly he is incorrect in his statement "There is no language/dialect or previous precedent where this pronunciation would lend credence to the owner's interpretation." 
 
He is wrong:
Top definition
 
A variation of a term used in gaming, "Good Game" or "GG"
 

And how do you explain "Sleepy" being pronounced "Super"?  Perhaps he is not wrong after all!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mo Salah said:

And how do you explain "Sleepy" being pronounced "Super"?  Perhaps he is not wrong after all!?

The poster over there put Super by mistake instead of Sleepy.

His reference was to Geeg which is pronounced Geegee.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hesi said:

Deluded

The only reason I visit this site, once populated by many interesting and varied contributors, is to check that the village idiot is still posting

Because if he is, then every day he posts, is a day closer, to the day, this site fades into anonymity.

95% of you all know this is true, the other 5% are morons, and who cares what they think.

By the way, where is the Punter's Club fellas.  Never happen will it, no one has got what it takes, easier just to be destructive, than do anything positive

 

Yes this site should now be called ThomasTales,  I had a look the other day and I think the first 12 posts by him.  Racing is tough why can't we just get along? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hesi said:

Deluded

The only reason I visit this site, once populated by many interesting and varied contributors, is to check that the village idiot is still posting

Because if he is, then every day he posts, is a day closer, to the day, this site fades into anonymity.

95% of you all know this is true, the other 5% are morons, and who cares what they think.

By the way, where is the Punter's Club fellas.  Never happen will it, no one has got what it takes, easier just to be destructive, than do anything positive

 

What...that Jason from the punters club gave those Hound club members the bash and was warned off ALL race courses?

Its totally true...

Its remarkable you lot have the bare faced cheek to come over here...swear like troopers..as in muddygrass's post..throw your weight around willy nilly...

...then scuttle back to your life of paradise hole...with everyone agreeing with each other...

..if I was the Cheif I would have banned you long ago...but it's the land of FREE SPEECH here

..now get back into your hole

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Huey said:

Yes this site should now be called ThomasTales,  I had a look the other day and I think the first 12 posts by him.  Racing is tough why can't we just get along? 

Nothing wrong with introducing topical moments in the world THOROUGHBRED I wouldn't have thought Huey ...many add to these posts..feel free to contribute 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Thomass said:

What...that Jason from the punters club gave those Hound club members the bash and was warned off ALL race courses?

Its totally true...

Its remarkable you lot have the bare faced cheek to come over here...swear like troopers..as in muddygrass's post..throw your weight around willy nilly...

...then scuttle back to your life of paradise hole...with everyone agreeing with each other...

..if I was the Cheif I would have banned you long ago...but it's the land of FREE SPEECH here

..now get back into your hole

Enjoy things while you can, my estimation, would be that this site will not be here by the end of the year, and you won't be joining our site....PERIOD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hesi said:

Enjoy things while you can, my estimation, would be that this site will not be here by the end of the year, and you won't be joining our site....PERIOD

PERIOD!!

That's a funny name for a racing site. ? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember many moons ago,a greyhound I always handled was wrongly pronounced by commentator.(It did have an ambiguous sounding spelling.)So one fine day,I climbed the stairs to Commentators Box,and politely informed Pete Earley pre-race of the correct pronunciation.He told me in no uncertain terms,"if the monkey wants it changed,don't send the organ grinder".lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hesi said:

Enjoy things while you can, my estimation, would be that this site will not be here by the end of the year, and you won't be joining our site....PERIOD

what's new site called?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You really do have to laugh. This guy Hesi states that he allows free speech on his site but then says in the same post that Thomass is barred. 

Hardly what I would call having a free speech site. ? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you totally devoid of any common sense, we wouldn't let Thomass or that other despicable character Mk2, anywhere near the new site.

You probably were not around back in Dec/Jan, Thoroughbred alone on this site was running at 2,500 posts per month(double RC), probably a tenth of that now, they all left thanks to Thomass, why on earth would we allow that to be repeated.

We have free speech, we just expect it to be delivered in a respectful manner.

If you were actually sitting in a room meeting with some of the people who this site slags off, and engaged in the disrespectful rhetoric that some in particular do, you would be shown the door, come back maybe, when you have learnt some basic manners.

And some on here, are so far deluded, they believe this site could become the voice of the industry.....give me a break

Anyway, love to post the link to the new site, but can't.  This was our first Saturday on the new platform, and it went extremely well.  Comps, tips, punters club, debate on racing, so if that's what you're after, instead of the crap that now mostly pervades this site, you will have to find your own way there.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, All The Aces said:

The poster over there put Super by mistake instead of Sleepy.

His reference was to Geeg which is pronounced Geegee.   

No I saw the pre race discussion in question and the commentator clearly said "Super Geegee".  That's what Peter was referring to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/06/2019 at 11:04 PM, All The Aces said:

The poster over there put Super by mistake instead of Sleepy.

His reference was to Geeg which is pronounced Geegee.   

and if you're not convinced go back and have a look at the replay of the race (16 June, Race 1 at Te Awamutu).  The commentator called it Super Geegee the whole way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barry the expert punter (sic)  who tried two various betting systems this year which both failed now states  his view on weight when it comes to racing "I DON'T even consider it. I DON'T care what weight the horse is."  (I assume he means "has".) 

Well Bazza consider this. Of the 23 major Cup races in NZ over the last year only two top weights have managed to win. Five To Midnight in the Feilding Gold Cup and Zacada in the Rotorua Cup. 

Let's take a look at the two of the biggest handicap races in Australasia, the Caulfield and Melbourne Cups.

The last top weight to win the Caulfield Cup was Dunaden in 2012 and prior to that you have to go back to Comic Court in 1950.

In the Melbourne Cup it was Makybe Diva in 2005 and then all the way back to Rising Fast in 1954.

Only one top weight has managed to win the Caulfield Cup in the last 69 years and in the Melbourne Cup it's 65 years.

And Bazza doesn't even consider weight a factor...….when assessing either race.  ?

I have backed the last two winners of the Melbourne Cup (I must have got lucky) 

Perhaps you should ring Greg Carpenter Barry and told him he shouldn't have considered doing the adjustment. It doesn't make any difference:

 

 A review of the benchmark weight for northern hemisphere three-year-olds in feature spring races has led to a change ahead of this year's carnival.

Northern hemisphere three-year-olds have won the Melbourne Cup for the past two years, with Rekindling carrying 51.5kg in 2017 while last year Cross Counter won with 51kg.

Racing Victoria's Greg Carpenter said off the back of Cross Counter's win last year officials reviewed how the three-year-olds from the northern hemisphere were integrated into the Melbourne Cup weights.

READ: Cross Counter wins 2018 Melbourne Cup

"The first part has been concluded, with the review of the weight-for-age scale," Carpenter told RSN927.

"What it showed was that the Australian weight-for-age scale and the table of allowances for northern hemisphere three-year-olds actually had them more favourably treated than their own weight-for-age scale in Europe.

"For example, a 3200-metre race on the first Tuesday of November we were giving them a four kilogram allowance against the older horses, which is the equivalent of eight pounds 10 ounces, and they were getting only seven pounds in the English scale.

"So, what we've done is we've amended the benchmark weight for northern hemisphere three-year-olds in the Melbourne Cup from 55-1/2-(kilograms) to 56-1/2. So instead of getting four kilos off the older horses, they will now get three."

Cross Counter was weighted 4.5kg below weight-for-age in the handicap.

Under the new scale, 4.5kg under weight-for-age for a northern hemisphere three-year-old would be 52kg.

Carpenter said the benchmark weight for northern hemisphere three-year-olds has also lifted 0.5kg in the Caulfield Cup and Cox Plate.

Greg's can be contacted Australia  03 9258 4671. 

Do let us know what he has to say there's a good chap. 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor Bazz...you've got to give him at least 2 kahunas for trying though ATA...

...now that he's a Eunuch...

..he's good to go for a job at a Jap Geisha Dormitory for the World Cup...the girl's will LURVE him there...and he won't be a threat to them either

But seriously...

...when it comes to my proven system for investing on winners...and the weight aspect...which has Incidently been done to death...

...the algorithms I've activated also ignore weight...to a certain degree..

Take O'GUY on the weekend...superior recent form in a higher grade, unsuitable distance after a short spell last time, has proven to have won with that weight before in the same grade...and ON THE SAME TRACK...

So instead of Bazzy taking a flat stake bet on all of his 'investments'...and you would have noted the italics...

Moi's algorithmic system stipulates 3/4 Units extra for a proven course specialist like O'GUY...and extra unit for his form being recent...Of course BLINKERS back on to sharpen up an older neddy...2 extra

...and if this trainer had have identified this horse needing an APP Allowance...

...I would have added an extra 2 units as well....it just got up by a nostril..with an experienced APP would have won a tad more easily then...

as I trust the Trainers...not like some people...aka Muddy, Bazz

Of Course Muddy has no idea about adding extra investment on Course Specialists...his idea is if it hasn't had a go on a certain course...one can't compare a proven specialist with one who hasn't tried...

...When the odds overwhelming are in my favour....

...but you can't tell some people...

...The do Counterintuitive so well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, classic.

So a few cups races make it gospel then.

Your brother Thomass will be along shortly to support your looney theory.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/06/2019 at 8:03 PM, hesi said:

Are you totally devoid of any common sense, we wouldn't let Thomass or that other despicable character Mk2, anywhere near the new site.

You probably were not around back in Dec/Jan, Thoroughbred alone on this site was running at 2,500 posts per month(double RC), probably a tenth of that now, they all left thanks to Thomass, why on earth would we allow that to be repeated.

We have free speech, we just expect it to be delivered in a respectful manner.

If you were actually sitting in a room meeting with some of the people who this site slags off, and engaged in the disrespectful rhetoric that some in particular do, you would be shown the door, come back maybe, when you have learnt some basic manners.

And some on here, are so far deluded, they believe this site could become the voice of the industry.....give me a break

Anyway, love to post the link to the new site, but can't.  This was our first Saturday on the new platform, and it went extremely well.  Comps, tips, punters club, debate on racing, so if that's what you're after, instead of the crap that now mostly pervades this site, you will have to find your own way there.

Missed this..stumbled over it..

Are you STILL here??  Ffs

Just for your records Herman...it was your BFF Bazz and muddygrass who told me I had a mental illness and I should kill myself..and that I was a village idiot...

...all before I started reciprocity...

Id also remind you this is an internet chat site with robust communication to sort things out...as indeed I do

Things like...discovering the reason why a horse died...hidden by the Feds...or gear left off in our Premier race...

Do you seriously believe I would have got answers by being polite and being a wall flower in the 'Boardroom'

wake the f up

Your so called 'free speech' is as boring az bat shirt and involves nothing but regurgitated crap already debated here...

Bazz must be tearing his bald bogan hairdo out sucking up to everyone??

Anyway...it's time you were GONNNNNNE...don't come back, don't return to Go...don't pretend with another Alias...because your ISP is well known...

...and you'll get the Royal ass from here....

Hasta f in la vista baby face

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, barryb said:

Haha, classic.

So a few cups races make it gospel then.

Your brother Thomass will be along shortly to support your looney theory.

 

Looney theory!!!  

Superior horses in lower grades weight factor is insignificant but you state you DON'T factor weight in ANY of your per race analysis.

I believe it is a factor in the major handicaps and what more proof do you need than looking at the Caulfield Cup and Melbourne Cup (two of the biggest handicaps around) over the past 70 odd years.  History clearly shows top weights have a very tough job to win those races yet you have no consideration for this aspect.

Again, has Greg Carpenter got it wrong by adjusting the weight of the northern 3yos and should he have left it the status quo as weight makes no difference in your opinion?   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...