Bit Of A Yarn

NZ Cup Heats

bamboozla

Guest CrossCodes

Presuming you are talking about the C1 blinker wearing Barrel Runner?

This dogs chasing habits aside (or lack there of), the NZ cup and Galaxy (all major cup races actually) should be for dogs who have earned there way to the top.

There is no way C1 and C2 dogs should be in there making up the fields, it should be C5 runners only with C4’s making up the fields and that’s it.

Id be highly pissed if I had a hard chasing C5 dog that got run off or interfered with by a non-chasing or green C1 or C2 dog, in fact I’d be livid.

Lets hope this doesn’t eventuate.

1 hour ago, CrossCodes said:

Presuming you are talking about the C1 blinker wearing Barrel Runner?

This dogs chasing habits aside (or lack there of), the NZ cup and Galaxy (all major cup races actually) should be for dogs who have earned there way to the top.

There is no way C1 and C2 dogs should be in there making up the fields, it should be C5 runners only with C4’s making up the fields and that’s it.

Id be highly pissed if I had a hard chasing C5 dog that got run off or interfered with by a non-chasing or green C1 or C2 dog, in fact I’d be livid.

Lets hope this doesn’t eventuate.

Surley its about the best and not just making up heat after heat just because you get the noms. Look at the galaxy, a full race meeting of heats!!

• Like 1

I don't really have a problem with very talented lower grade dogs having a go and this dog obviously has more ability than it's record suggests, but it rather sets a low bar. Personally I think there should be a specification that entering group race heats over middle distance all greyhounds must have at least won 2 starts over a middle distance or at least competed over a suitable distance in the 21 days proceeding the event. This would avoid this kind of situation or when we get sprinters lined up in races like the NZ Oaks which cause havoc on occasion. I am not knocking the trainer or connections, they have the right to nominate as the rules stand.

Guest CrossCodes

The Freeman runners on track tonight look absolutely awful, presentation wise and so far racing wise.

A former big race trainer who can’t even compete in any decent races these days, a big fall from the top.

Not sure why he even bothered going down South with the way his kennel is going, very sad really. 

The Freeman runners on track tonight look absolutely awful, presentation wise and so far racing wise.

A former big race trainer who can’t even compete in any decent races these days, a big fall from the top.

Not sure why he even bothered going down South with the way his kennel is going, very sad really. 

Someone lost their pocket money tonight. 

A stupid thing to say about a man who I don't see training any dogs anymore. 

But how good of a trainer is that Angela Turnwald keeping Nature's Gent competitive since 1976

A nice 2nd place cheque along with his pension this week and he's back for another Semi Final 

1 hour ago, Yankiwi said:

Barrel Runner tee-boning Dyna Dave, instead of having a munch at the lure, in the catching area.

image.thumb.png.abb5c7b27a980284f18dc3459056b8a0.png

image.thumb.png.d0fa62fa74be762c95fe181de8a9ebe8.png

Nothing at all better to do than be negative ??? Some great races those heats tonight but not a positive word comes from ur key board . Sad really 

58 minutes ago, fur que said:

Nothing at all better to do than be negative ??? Some great races those heats tonight but not a positive word comes from ur key board . Sad really 

I didn't maul Dyna Dave, Barrel Runner did.

That's not being negative, it's telling the truth & being realistic.

You might also want to note that it is on subject with where the thread started, unlike your post.

Guest CrossCodes

And Kamada Park and Hot Platter both felt the pinch tonight, especially the latter who was down to a walk.

Beaten by a much better trainer, the days of a Freeman runner winning a big race are long gone.

Maybe he needs Aleisha Speight  back in the country to give him a hand (or another orifice) in the Palmy raceway toilet block like many of us used to witness.

45 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

And Kamada Park and Hot Platter both felt the pinch tonight, especially the latter who was down to a walk.

Beaten by a much better trainer, the days of a Freeman runner winning a big race are long gone.

Maybe he needs Aleisha Speight  back in the country to give him a hand (or another orifice) in the Palmy raceway toilet block like many of us used to witness.

So are you willing to list your dogs so we can see how good a trainer you are.I doubt it blow bag.

Jesus he still ran 2nd. How many group 1 placed dogs have you trained? 

Hey Top Dog, Quirk, or whoever is resting tonight up in the tower, the #8 needs a holiday after tonight's run.

image.thumb.png.64470f66c089063099170cb18517a19a.png

Above is a head turn.

A bit further on in the video this dog is very lucky it didn't kill itself, the #5, the #2 (from getting on heals of the commotion the #8 caused) or any combination of the three of them.

How about you do the right thing & charge this dog for FTP. It's your duty to do so & the righteous thing as well.

Should betting patterns be taken into account when deciding what dogs get swabbed? By far the biggest go of the night on Betfair was in the last on the winner who never looked like getting beat. Obviously the smart $ as over 20k matched on the race with 90+% of that on the winner. 

6 hours ago, GONSTA said:

Should betting patterns be taken into account when deciding what dogs get swabbed? By far the biggest go of the night on Betfair was in the last on the winner who never looked like getting beat. Obviously the smart $ as over 20k matched on the race with 90+% of that on the winner. 

I'm picking that the RIU either don't pay any attention or simply ignore betting patterns from "leakage".

I doubt they are even clued up enough to examine NZ TAB betting patterns properly!

<Did the trainer or owner punt the family farm in the fixed odds market>

1. Yes - Wow, they were very daring.
  2. No - No unusual betting patterns.

<Investigation closed>

11 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

How about you do the right thing & charge this dog for FTP. It's your duty to do so & the righteous thing as well.

Well top dog has turned a blind eye in this instance.

He's failed in his duty to uphold integrity. He's failed to hold welfare as paramount (in future races). He's likely identified another favoured trainer to those with a keen eye.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13752/stewards-report.aspx

UTHOR BALE (8) - awkwardly placed to the outside of DIDDILEE rounding the first bend being turned outwards as a consequence,losing ground and severely checking OPAWA TODDY.

This is not awkwardly placed outside of the #5.

image.thumb.png.8b8e8dc350a4265b2ff691850a7f8940.png

This is not being turned outwards as a consequence.

image.thumb.png.36772862717e461484512bc6a95932ae.png

That was turning to the inner and marring the #5 dog. The dogs head positions & their tails tell the story.

Favoritism, at the expense of integrity & welfare.

• Like 1