Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
Kopia

Trust me...I'm from the Government

Recommended Posts

Really?  How many of you have read what is being put before this bunch of losers that call themselves a Government? Have you understood how much power the 'Minister' will have if it goes ahead in its present form...not just the Minister, but the Department of Internal affairs..a Government Department.?

Heres a question to choke over when your'e trying to eat your muesili in the morning. IF this Loser coalition get back in later this year...without NZ First-which is a distinct possibilty-then Labour and the Greens will be the Government. Who do you think will be Racing Minister then? And what do you think they will do  to racing?

I'd be very worried if I was anybody apart from Tommo..and even he must see where this could head.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kopia said:

Heres a question to choke over when your'e trying to eat your muesili in the morning. IF this Loser coalition get back in later this year...without NZ First-which is a distinct possibilty-then Labour and the Greens will be the Government. Who do you think will be Racing Minister then? And what do you think they will do  to racing?

Personally I think the possibility of a labour green majority is slim. Remember NZ First has been seen as a sensible moderating force. I think middle New Zealand will be scared by the prospect of only those two and some of the centre votes will drift over to nz first or the Nats. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A former racing club exec., and a  very experienced administrator, reckons the scope and intent of that Bill is frightening.  He said exactly the same as Kopia -  have you actually read what it says ?  he asked me. It's a backward step in his opinion.

As for the political landscape, what is more scary is that most of NZ , incl parliamentarians too, know fk all about racing - and care less.

If the Nats do get in,  their shadow minister doesn't seem to have a handle on things at all.  He could possibly be educated - but by whom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fools will let them do what they like under the Guise of the M Report and venue rationalisation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kopia said:

Really?  How many of you have read what is being put before this bunch of losers that call themselves a Government? Have you understood how much power the 'Minister' will have if it goes ahead in its present form...not just the Minister, but the Department of Internal affairs..a Government Department.?

Heres a question to choke over when your'e trying to eat your muesili in the morning. IF this Loser coalition get back in later this year...without NZ First-which is a distinct possibilty-then Labour and the Greens will be the Government. Who do you think will be Racing Minister then? And what do you think they will do  to racing?

I'd be very worried if I was anybody apart from Tommo..and even he must see where this could head.

Please elaborate on the achievements of 9 long years of National at the helm.Do not be shy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Freda said:

A former racing club exec., and a  very experienced administrator, reckons the scope and intent of that Bill is frightening.  He said exactly the same as Kopia -  have you actually read what it says ?  he asked me. It's a backward step in his opinion.

As for the political landscape, what is more scary is that most of NZ , incl parliamentarians too, know fk all about racing - and care less.

If the Nats do get in,  their shadow minister doesn't seem to have a handle on things at all.  He could possibly be educated - but by whom?

'How many of you have read what is being put before '...so its definitely NOT a Govt INITIATIVE then!

 

Usual scaremongering right wing propaganda in full bore.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not aware that it is the mandate of a government to prop up a failing business with taxpayers' money....other than charitable organisations.

Successive govts have said ' racing, get your house in order. ...and it hasn't.

There is a saying ' be careful what you wish for, you might get it '    .....and we might at that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Freda said:

I'm not aware that it is the mandate of a government to prop up a failing business with taxpayers' money....other than charitable organisations.

Successive govts have said ' racing, get your house in order. ...and it hasn't.

There is a saying ' be careful what you wish for, you might get it '    .....and we might at that.

Well you are not aware of the Natz injecting nearly a billion dollars into   Chorus as a lifeline when it became a basket case.

Or them  providing News media with   Govt  finance for a bridging loan,or paying out SCF investors ,including interest....or(I could go on all day!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Usual scaremongering right wing propaganda in full bore.

No.... left wingers are the ones scaremongering. Climate change, incorrect use of personal pronouns, Trump hysteria - you name it, the left created it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SLB2.0 said:

 

Even you must accept that the Natz wrote the manual on 'dirty politics'.

Jason Ede 2 doors down from the P.M in the beehive headed the black ops dept.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Please elaborate on the achievements of 9 long years of National at the helm.Do not be shy.

Youv'e captured in one sentence why the racing industry is in chaos. This is 2020. Forget the past. People like you should stay away from public forums if this is the best you can do.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Well you are not aware of the Natz injecting nearly a billion dollars into   Chorus as a lifeline when it became a basket case.

Or them  providing News media with   Govt  finance for a bridging loan,or paying out SCF investors ,including interest....or(I could go on all day!)

A billion? That's only a little bit less than what the Nats injected into racing in those 9 years.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kopia said:

Youv'e captured in one sentence why the racing industry is in chaos. This is 2020. Forget the past. People like you should stay away from public forums if this is the best you can do.

oh the irony...write off the past and blame the present the catastrophe that is NZ racing.

Take your own advice chump.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mardigras said:

A billion? That's only a little bit less than what the Nats injected into racing in those 9 years.

racing vs broadband....hmmmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

racing vs broadband....hmmmm...

Yeah, technology should be the winner. But wasn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

oh the irony...write off the past and blame the present the catastrophe that is NZ racing.

Take your own advice chump.

I have no intention of defending Nationals lack of  interest in the racing portfolio..and here's the rub=now is the best time ever to get rid of the position of Racing Minister. National at least said to the industry 'you get your own house in order.'  'The Industry' does not need a politician in charge. Clearly some legislative over-see is required for financial governance. But the running of the industry should NOW be in the hands of the industry. With such uncertainty in the political field, and deals being done ( such as NZ First propping up a socialist party and a bunch of loons as coalition partner) racing will be at the mercy of politcians to an extent it has never been before.

So my answer is RITA should have thought outside the square and told Peters ' you appointed us to come up with solutions-here's the 1st one on the list, get politics out of racing'   But Peters, being such an old egotistcal hypocrite wouldn't wear that, would he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Yeah, technology should be the winner. But wasn't.

lol! technology was the winner in d town...  unlimited  fast as fibre and landline at $80 a month = Brilliant!  ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kopia said:

I have no intention of defending Nationals lack of  interest in the racing portfolio..

you do know who actually brought in the Minister of R in the first place???

 

3 minutes ago, Kopia said:

such as NZ First propping up a socialist party

when you look in the mirror, what sort of igit do you see looking back!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

oh the irony...write off the past and blame the present the catastrophe that is NZ racing.

 

Racing stakeholders have only themselves to blame.  The only thing Government should have done was remove the NZ TAB monopoly and force the industry to fund itself.  Most of the distortions we see today wouldn't have survived.

Contrary to the self-promoting propaganda for a very long time the racing industry has not been a positive contributor to GDP.  Whenever trouble has arisen the industry has gone to the Government for another handout.  That can't continue.

I draw a comparison now with the Manuka Honey Industry - $7m has been given to a very rich industry from the PGF to fund the trade marking of the word "Manuka."  Why couldn't the industry fund this effort themselves?  This type of protectionism is only going to weaken the industry not strengthen it.  

Racing crows about the number of people employed, the overseas earnings generated by the Karaka Sales and the "Billions of dollars" in gambling turnover - yet it can't fund itself?  It can't stand on its own two feet?

The last roll of the dice has been thrown by NZ First as a payback to large funding sums.  Pork Barrel politics at its worst!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kopia said:

Really?  How many of you have read what is being put before this bunch of losers that call themselves a Government? Have you understood how much power the 'Minister' will have if it goes ahead in its present form...not just the Minister, but the Department of Internal affairs..a Government Department.?

Heres a question to choke over when your'e trying to eat your muesili in the morning. IF this Loser coalition get back in later this year...without NZ First-which is a distinct possibilty-then Labour and the Greens will be the Government. Who do you think will be Racing Minister then? And what do you think they will do  to racing?

I'd be very worried if I was anybody apart from Tommo..and even he must see where this could head.

Settle koppa...

The Vella Fella's having a word in Winn's ear about a few things...including the DIA...

But IMAGINE if you will..the FACT that life sometimes requires drastic circumstances to enable change to occur...

Nothing like a good old bit of Dictatorial leadership from time to time to shake willies up...

Look what Lee Kuan Yew managed to achieve in Singapore...

...a Benevolent Dictator if ever there was one...

Winn could do wonders for the Racing Industry in the same vein...just sit back and relax son...

..as Jacinda gets FOUR MORE YEARS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Thomass said:

Settle koppa...

The Vella Fella's having a word in Winn's ear about a few things...including the DIA...

But IMAGINE if you will..the FACT that life sometimes requires drastic circumstances to enable change to occur...

Nothing like a good old bit of Dictatorial leadership from time to time to shake willies up...

Look what Lee Kuan Yew managed to achieve in Singapore...

...a Benevolent Dictator if ever there was one...

Winn could do wonders for the Racing Industry in the same vein...just sit back and relax son...

..as Jacinda gets FOUR MORE YEARS

4 more years eh? Did she let slip something while you were 'tween the sheets tommo? Is this another one of her bullshit plans?

p.s. The only way peters is going to be in Govt after the next election is to come out against decriminalising brain damaging substances before the election.  Do you think he has the balls to do that? To make a stand against the loonies trying to push dangerous drugs onto children? Because thats what it is, notwithstanding the hand wringing from the loonies, nz has one of the worst drug problems in the world. Why make it worse? especially in racing...just chuck the rule books out the window, trackriders, jockeys,trainers, turn up to the tracks and races stoned..! who cares?  I dont think peters will, because in his twisted bitter world its him as the grey knight saving the world and the nats as the baddies who dared to tell the truth about his pension overpayments. How feckin sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kopia said:

4 more years eh? Did she let slip something while you were 'tween the sheets tommo? Is this another one of her bullshit plans?

p.s. The only way peters is going to be in Govt after the next election is to come out against decriminalising brain damaging substances before the election.  Do you think he has the balls to do that? To make a stand against the loonies trying to push dangerous drugs onto children? Because thats what it is, notwithstanding the hand wringing from the loonies, nz has one of the worst drug problems in the world. Why make it worse? especially in racing...just chuck the rule books out the window, trackriders, jockeys,trainers, turn up to the tracks and races stoned..! who cares?  I dont think peters will, because in his twisted bitter world its him as the grey knight saving the world and the nats as the baddies who dared to tell the truth about his pension overpayments. How feckin sad.

Yep...this year...plus 3 more after the Election...

FOUR MORE LONNNG YEARS for you and the Righteous Right koppa..

Wrt drugs...silly question I know but...

If we're the "worst in the world" now...

Why don't we change wtf we're doing??

...insane..doing same thing...thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Yep...this year...plus 3 more after the Election...

FOUR MORE LONNNG YEARS for you and the Righteous Right koppa..

Wrt drugs...silly question I know but...

If we're the "worst in the world" now...

Why don't we change wtf we're doing??

...insane..doing same thing...thing

NZ is the worst in the world because the drug cartels have identified NZ as a soft touch....too much money handed out to slackarses by a weak govt that doesn't expect any input from them...a govt handing out millions and millions, you could say billions after shane jones finishes, without a plan or any outcomes... just keep the gravy train going....I could go on but it's wasted on you pal, I'm off to the beach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...