Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chief Stipe

Synthetic Tracks: New Zealand Knows Best.

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, curious said:

Requiresgeneral facility improvements and landscaping

WTF has "landscaping" got to do with racing?  Sorry but most clubs don't have the excess funds to prune roses like they do at Ellerslie!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Huey said:

I see, well if its not costing NZTR anything to operate , its an even more stupid decision than I thought.

Same with Gisborne in the Poverty Bay region. Don't get it.

Gisborne– Venue with 1 race meeting in 2017/18. Fair location. No training.Retains racing in the Gisborne region. Requires general facility improvements.Leased.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

WTF has "landscaping" got to do with racing?  Sorry but most clubs don't have the excess funds to prune roses like they do at Ellerslie!

Or put in a special irrigation system for them like they do at the CJC!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok,  we'll remove one part of a successful 2 - day meeting, that'll stuff the other day so it will close too and we haven't had to action that.  Win - win.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huey said:

I see, well if its not costing NZTR anything to operate , its an even more stupid decision than I thought.

And proves again that these decisions re closures has SFA to do with saving industry costs , this shows yet again how little respect they have for industry participants , that they are spinning bullshit to serve their agenda .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current leadership has to have been bought into to cripple the industry, there can be no other explanation. The decisions made just defy belief! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Huey said:

The current leadership has to have been bought into to cripple the industry, there can be no other explanation. The decisions made just defy belief! 

Have to say Huey it does look like they have just come from overseas and have no comprehension about racing in general but NZ racing i particular . If it was me i would say get the principle product right first , that is fix the racing product , tracks , handicapping , stakes , programming , ownership . Fix this first , get that right then start promoting it , get information out to the public , free to air TV , radio coverage , sort some sort of deal with news papers to start getting regular promotion of racing . Work on your betting platform but stop shitting on your clients , if the racing is right and the promotion is there the betting will come . It's not going to happen over night , but there needs to start being a plan to start moving forward . Then start understanding your position in world racing and start living within your means , stop thinking you are bigger than you are . At the moment they are just throwing shit around and hoping some if works . 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huey said:

Isn't Waipa gone also?

Where is the benefit in getting rid of Te Teko if it costs the industry nothing to operate or does it? Especially if they can't sell it up.

Waipa.  No race dates but is still currently a training centre. 

Edited by All The Aces
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nomates said:

Have to say Huey it does look like they have just come from overseas and have no comprehension about racing in general but NZ racing i particular . If it was me i would say get the principle product right first , that is fix the racing product , tracks , handicapping , stakes , programming , ownership . Fix this first , get that right then start promoting it , get information out to the public , free to air TV , radio coverage , sort some sort of deal with news papers to start getting regular promotion of racing . Work on your betting platform but stop shitting on your clients , if the racing is right and the promotion is there the betting will come . It's not going to happen over night , but there needs to start being a plan to start moving forward . Then start understanding your position in world racing and start living within your means , stop thinking you are bigger than you are . At the moment they are just throwing shit around and hoping some if works . 

Great post.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nomates said:

 At the moment they are just throwing shit around and hoping some if works . 

Most of it seems to be hitting the fan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many have expressed the opinion that NZTR are doing a good job given the circumstances.  I don't share that.  They may not waste as much money,  but all failings, big or small, become cumulative.

Handicapping, dates, programming, stakes distribution are all NZTR - driven, with some input from RB wrt dates.  Much has been said, advised, pleaded, and pro-bono work done on behalf of, for no tangible change.

The mass extinction of tracks is another, driven by Rita at present, but on the to-do list for years with no quantitative analysis that I have seen to support that.

Inequitable and unsustainable stakes distribution is code business, not RB,  same as subsiding some clubs at the expense of others.

Expenses for trialling, name changes, complicated and messy paperwork when HRNZ can achieve the same both simply and at less cost.  It is a no brainer what code to support for a group of newbie owners with no particular allegiance either way.

I recently received four accounts for the same horse - the first , an emailed one, pertaining to trials fees, arrived on May 4th and was dated April 30th.

As I am not the manager for this horse I forwarded it to the right person,  who paid it, and notified them to please send future accounts to her as indicated on the ownership papers.

Soon after I received two hardcopy invoices, in the same envelope and for the same account.

A week or so later  I got a very terse ' pay-or-else ' missive by email with Saundry's scrawl at the bottom.

This arrived on the 18th of May.

Efficient.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, nomates said:

Have to say Huey it does look like they have just come from overseas and have no comprehension about racing in general but NZ racing i particular . If it was me i would say get the principle product right first , that is fix the racing product , tracks , handicapping , stakes , programming , ownership . Fix this first , get that right then start promoting it , get information out to the public , free to air TV , radio coverage , sort some sort of deal with news papers to start getting regular promotion of racing . Work on your betting platform but stop shitting on your clients , if the racing is right and the promotion is there the betting will come . It's not going to happen over night , but there needs to start being a plan to start moving forward . Then start understanding your position in world racing and start living within your means , stop thinking you are bigger than you are . At the moment they are just throwing shit around and hoping some if works . 

Yip and what do "we" do?  Shut down the radio station and stop putting fields in the newspapers (I did read that didn't I?)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Freda said:

Many have expressed the opinion that NZTR are doing a good job given the circumstances.  I don't share that.  They may not waste as much money,  but all failings, big or small, become cumulative.

Handicapping, dates, programming, stakes distribution are all NZTR - driven, with some input from RB wrt dates.  Much has been said, advised, pleaded, and pro-bono work done on behalf of, for no tangible change.

The mass extinction of tracks is another, driven by Rita at present, but on the to-do list for years with no quantitative analysis that I have seen to support that.

Inequitable and unsustainable stakes distribution is code business, not RB,  same as subsiding some clubs at the expense of others.

Expenses for trialling, name changes, complicated and messy paperwork when HRNZ can achieve the same both simply and at less cost.  It is a no brainer what code to support for a group of newbie owners with no particular allegiance either way.

I recently received four accounts for the same horse - the first , an emailed one, pertaining to trials fees, arrived on May 4th and was dated April 30th.

As I am not the manager for this horse I forwarded it to the right person,  who paid it, and notified them to please send future accounts to her as indicated on the ownership papers.

Soon after I received two hardcopy invoices, in the same envelope and for the same account.

A week or so later  I got a very terse ' pay-or-else ' missive by email with Saundry's scrawl at the bottom.

This arrived on the 18th of May.

Efficient.

I and many others share your pain,  I would like to know if you are getting terse emails regarding your account, what are they sending out to those who owe the $1.7m outstanding?  Visits from the mafia perhaps. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that RACE and the CJC have to come up with $6m themselves to fund their synthetic tracks.

RACE - forget it - just put a new fibre cable into Foxton!

CJC - ........

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I understand that RACE and the CJC have to come up with $6m themselves to fund their synthetic tracks.

RACE - forget it - just put a new fibre cable into Foxton!

CJC - ........

I'm no expert on construction matters....but I would think resource consents and drainage issues, esp with a new housing development right over the fence,  might require more than 6 mill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Freda said:

I'm no expert on construction matters....but I would think resource consents and drainage issues, esp with a new housing development right over the fence,  might require more than 6 mill.

I'm trying to think where any drainage would drain to? Same at Awapuni. It's already a swamp in a hole and the track experts here have already proven that it's not easy to get water to run uphill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  On 23/05/2020 at 6:53 AM, Freda said:

I and many others share your pain,  I would like to know if you are getting terse emails regarding your account, what are they sending out to those who owe the $1.7m outstanding?  Visits from the mafia perhaps. 

I don't know what you are on about Freda. I have a letter from NZTR stating there are no incompetent staff there. I'm not surprised that you get terse emails even when you don't owe them money. The big players that owe the 1.7 million won't be getting emails. They will receive a nice letter asking them to pay. What will happen is the same as has happened in the past. If you can Lawyer up your debt of 10's of thousands of dollars, possibly 6 figures will be written off and when racing starts again they will just carry on as usual due to their sense of entitlement.  Remember this debt is for nomination, acceptance, scratching fees etc.  The majority of us like Freda have had to pay our share. The T in NZTR does not stand for Transparency.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, curious said:

I'm trying to think where any drainage would drain to? Same at Awapuni. It's already a swamp in a hole and the track experts here have already proven that it's not easy to get water to run uphill.

Direct the water towards the trainers hut so some of the fine specimens that frequent Riccarton Park of a morning can have a much needed shower.

On a serious note the only place I could think of is the big ditch that runs behind the float park

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Invasion of Privacy said:

 

On a serious note the only place I could think of is the big ditch that runs behind the float park

I have been scratching my head about that comment....then it occurred to me you mean the raceday float park.  

Not sure if that, or the associated duckpond, would cope with the volume..but as i said, I'm no expert in that field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

What if the Greenies get on the case?  Synthetic = micro-plastics.

Is the risk really worth it?

 

And even in  a Greenfields project???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, curious said:

And even in  a Greenfields project???

Seriously as I said in an earlier post these new synthetic tracks could be tombstones!

They irony doesn't escape me when we are told tracks have to close and they build three expensive ones when they already have perfectly good ones next door e.g. Foxton.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...