Bit Of A Yarn

Useless stewards

Forbury

23 minutes ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Tactics all depend on the race. So many things go into it and you can never go in with one set plan as something unexpected always happens.

We don't really have a notification of tactics here in the trots. 

How quickly you set; distance of race; quality of opposition; track conditions; horse condition..how the horse has warmed up; how it feels etc. Plus so many more.

Add to that that during the run it's all split section decisions that drivers have to make and they don't have the view that you do from the tv screens. 

Some think it looks pretty easy; those that do probably should call into a local stable and ask to drive their most unruly horse and see how you go 😅

And just an addition to this description of race driving is the fact you are often reliant on what the other runners around you are doing. Will they cart you into the race if you trail them? How well is the one i'm following going? Do I need to ease out now before they come from the back? Endless quick decisions in every race.

It's nice to draw one, trail the leader to you turn for home, sprintlane and win !!!  lol no thinking needed lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Tactics all depend on the race. So many things go into it and you can never go in with one set plan as something unexpected always happens.

We don't really have a notification of tactics here in the trots. 

How quickly you set; distance of race; quality of opposition; track conditions; horse condition..how the horse has warmed up; how it feels etc. Plus so many more.

Add to that that during the run it's all split section decisions that drivers have to make and they don't have the view that you do from the tv screens. 

Some think it looks pretty easy; those that do probably should call into a local stable and ask to drive their most unruly horse and see how you go 😅

Totally understand and especially for a trotter who might have jumped off the mark better than normal you might go forward with it... for me I have no problem with different tactics with a horse out of form/luck but I struggle as someone trying to read a race and bet on a race on a horse in top form racing in one particular style totally changes a proven winning formula.

5 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

Well at least with the vet there you won't be using your whip around the hind legs like you did in nelson that time!!

Also it's not a good look jerking the bit through the horses mouth like that. Perhaps if you put your hands up higher you would have more control over the horse. Let's face it you are no Dunn or tetrick so stop trying to imitate their style!!!

Gee blossom the drinks talking again aye

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, the galah said:

Who is a d dunn or tetrick?

I judge a driver on whether the horses run for them and whether they are tactically good. I've seen Mr fitzgerald drive over recent years and think he's actually pretty good. He did make a mistake on jenabella at addington a couple of runs back,but thats a bit unusual for him. 

I was talking about there style . You don't see the likes of blair Ricky  mark or Tim sitting with their hands in their lap like they are rubbing one out while driving.

Unfortunately there are too many young drivers out there now copying Dexter 's style. Dexter can get away with it with his talent but it's not hard to get yourself in trouble if your horse starts to pull or grab a rein .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

Not as harsh as Fitzgerald' whipping of his horse in the stabling area at nelson for missing away.

bit more than armchair driver!!!

Hi Blossom,

Im not coming at you, did feel like your comment was a bit harsh towards Fitzgerald, however in saying that I was not aware of anything re whipping horse in stabling area. Oh dear. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dougie said:

Totally understand and especially for a trotter who might have jumped off the mark better than normal you might go forward with it... for me I have no problem with different tactics with a horse out of form/luck but I struggle as someone trying to read a race and bet on a race on a horse in top form racing in one particular style totally changes a proven winning formula.

Once it ended up parked after beginning so well,she had the the option of either going forward to lead or sitting parked. She chose to lead,but it was more the speed the original leader made her go to take the lead that took the edge off its sprint. It is an exciting horse to watch whatever way it races.. 

26 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Meow meow,

JJ A Young Grant won race 10 today I see.

Meow 👯‍♂️

Tell ya what Karrots, if you want to see a perfect 10/10 drive (on a low class horse on a fast track) 

check out Jessica Young-Grant's drive on KATHERINE R3 from Addington on Friday just gone. Well done Jess !!

She part owns Katherine too, so must be really excited with that win ...lol

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Tell ya what Karrots, if you want to see a perfect 10/10 drive (on a low class horse on a fast track) 

check out Jessica Young-Grant's drive on KATHERINE R3 from Addington on Friday just gone. Well done Jess !!

She part owns Katherine too, so must be really excited with that win ...lol

Oh I see, yes nice. Meow, meow again.

Where are these peeps that were hanging her out to dry hey Gamms.

Say what up?

This is how useless and incompadent the stewards are.mark purdon can do no wrong.even lie to stewards.the horse is racing 24th Dec.Co-Trainer/Driver M Purdon was questioned regarding the performance. Mr Purdon stated that the gelding was having its first run right handed fresh up from a spell and not had performed up to expectation when failing to handle the track by tending to lay in rounding the bends and in particular the final turn when attempting to improve wide. He further advised that he would be looking to rectify this tendency prior to ITALIAN LAD's next race start on the 31st December. A post race veterinary examination revealed no abnormality.im calling bullshit

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Forbury said:

Amazing dream what bullshit I'm beyond words at the stewards being such spastics

Hahahah $20 trifecta Forbury (I missed it alas ) but where do you want them to go . All three wide for a lap hahahah

As a punter you think you could of got that one ? 

PLEASE NOTE , stewards don't drive in the races. Only your CHAMPIONS of the Sport do !!!  Enjoy mate! 

Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 months later...
Guest CrossCodes

Jenabella didn’t even get away today, not sure what Andrew Fitzgerald was doing at the start, maybe locked wheels?

A disgrace of a race to watch, drivers 3 and 4 wide with a lap to go going beserk, although I guess at least they were capable of at least getting their horse to score up, unlike Murtha and Fitzgerald.

5 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

Jenabella didn’t even get away today, not sure what Andrew Fitzgerald was doing at the start, maybe locked wheels?

A disgrace of a race to watch, drivers 3 and 4 wide with a lap to go going beserk, although I guess at least they were capable of at least getting their horse to score up, unlike Murtha and Fitzgerald.

I have just started a topic on that.Agree some very poor driving,but in no way did fitzgerald do anything wrong.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 4
  • Champ Post 1

Just watched start only replay to see what this hoo-haa is about.

According to my eyeballs, 

Number 5 & 11 squeezed number 4 or maybe there was not enough room for 4. Anyway, so then 4 then went backward-sideways into number 10 Jenabella, who had been minding its own business.

So yes agree with Galah.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

4 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

4 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

Crosscodes - you're letting your hate of me get in the way of any rational thinking that you might have somewhere.

Worse then a eyed cantabrian 😂

Least we know you wouldn't have lost any money on Jenabella as surely you couldn't bring yourself to place your hard earned dollar on someone you hate so much.

Hope all's well with you,

Catch up soon 👍

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 5