Bit Of A Yarn

Technical Legality for Moderators?

The Centaur

I notice Leo Molloy is due to come up for some sort of sentencing. According to NZHerald the illegal posting occurred in Main Street Cafe of Channel X. Now I know it started in the Racing Section. Therefore it is assumed Leigh McKenzie transferred it to Main Street Cafe. So by posting it himself McKenzie is just as at fault as Molloy. Rather than transferring it the posting should have been immediately deleted. 

1 hour ago, The Centaur said:

I notice Leo Molloy is due to come up for some sort of sentencing. According to NZHerald the illegal posting occurred in Main Street Cafe of Channel X. Now I know it started in the Racing Section. Therefore it is assumed Leigh McKenzie transferred it to Main Street Cafe. So by posting it himself McKenzie is just as at fault as Molloy. Rather than transferring it the posting should have been immediately deleted. 

You make a very good point Centaur.  It was clear that the post made by LJM was illegal.  Although there is some protection under the Harmful Digital Communications Act for the owner of a platform.  

However it was clear the LJM was defying the law rightly or wrongly and the post should have been hidden at the very least from public view.

Now there is possibly no legal consequence for the Comic Dog not doing that however one should respect the laws of the land in which you reside.

Isn't moving a post from one open to the public forum to another open to the public forum tampering with evidence?

Why was it moved in the first place?

Was there questionable content?

Was one mate trying to look after another?

Kind of reminds me of the actions of two RIU top officials a couple of years back.

22 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Isn't moving a post from one open to the public forum to another open to the public forum tampering with evidence?

Why was it moved in the first place?

Was there questionable content?

Was one mate trying to look after another?

Kind of reminds me of the actions of two RIU top officials a couple of years back.

I noticed NZHERALD have removed their story. Wonder why? 

Now the way I see it there are errors in the story but supposedly Herald got it from court documents. These in turn would have originated from sworn affidavits.

So are the affidavits true?