Bit Of A Yarn

Today is D Day

hesi

Imagine if a disaster such as this happened in NZ. We would have the Police overseeing the operation along with OSH. There would be much hand ringing and discussion, and very little activity. And 14 days after the event, they would be no further ahead. Thailand 13, Pike River nil. I really have to hand it to the Thais, they were not to proud to be able to call for international help. They were not to proud to use volunteers, and hand over the decision making processes to these people. And after one death in the rescue, they didn't let this deter themselves in their efforts in a successful mission. Hats off to Thailand where they havn't let political correctness takeover their thinking.

9 minutes ago, mumbles said:

Remember Putin when that sub sank.Wouldn't accept any help from any country because he was too proud.

Result 90 dead,and yet they still vote for the nut job.

Yes I remember the Kursk well, read a very good book on that disaster. Putin was not running Russia then, long before his time. Think the drunken Yeltsin was in charge then.

19 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Imagine if a disaster such as this happened in NZ. We would have the Police overseeing the operation along with OSH. There would be much hand ringing and discussion, and very little activity. And 14 days after the event, they would be no further ahead. Thailand 13, Pike River nil. I really have to hand it to the Thais, they were not to proud to be able to call for international help. They were not to proud to use volunteers, and hand over the decision making processes to these people. And after one death in the rescue, they didn't let this deter themselves in their efforts in a successful mission. Hats off to Thailand where they havn't let political correctness takeover their thinking.

Was thinking the same thing in respect to Pike River

All barriers to progressing things were removed so that anyone who had expertise in the matter could be utilised.

Yes, I am convinced that if the Mine Rescue Team, which was fully trained for an advent such as Pike River had been utilised, then the outcome would have been entirely different. I believe they would of succeeded in getting all the bodies out at the very least, and or possibly got live ones out. There was at least a 24 hr window after the explosion where the mine was safe to enter with breathing apparatus. Instead they gave control to a stupid weak Policeman that had no idea on how mines work or operate. Because of his lack of knowledge, he was paralysed with fear in making decisions.

18 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Yes I remember the Kursk well, read a very good book on that disaster. Putin was not running Russia then, long before his time. Think the drunken Yeltsin was in charge then.

Yeltsin resigned 31/12/99

Putin became Acting President from that time and was sworn in 7/5/2000.

Kursk went down 12/8/2000.

118 lives lost.

Putin was on holiday when it happened and it took him 2 days to return.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

Yes, I am convinced that if the Mine Rescue Team, which was fully trained for an advent such as Pike River had been utilised, then the outcome would have been entirely different. I believe they would of succeeded in getting all the bodies out at the very least, and or possibly got live ones out. There was at least a 24 hr window after the explosion where the mine was safe to enter with breathing apparatus. Instead they gave control to a stupid weak Policeman that had no idea on how mines work or operate. Because of his lack of knowledge, he was paralysed with fear in making decisions.

Don't forget the we kiwi's still think that the number 8 wire solution can conquer all.