Bit Of A Yarn

Strange we world, of a Garden Nome from the Viaduct.

Got laugh when failed team from John Tamihere  Mayoral campaign. Come back, after doing such a bad job on JT team. To lead Leo's one. Surely, Leo asked around how people felt about Boag performance last time around. Sense, this going to end in a massive six figure fail for Leo. Might be geting taken for a good ride by some. .. 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/126747510/welcome-to-leo-land-the-strange-world-of-leo-molloy 

https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/CandidateDonationAndExpenseDeclaration/AC_TAMIHERE, John - Mayor - Auckland Council.pdf

6 hours ago, holy ravioli said:

Just a publicity hound.Strange for someone who supposedly hates journos.

Love the way he always trys to paint himself as an aging lothario who used to seduce so many alluring women.

I guess being tall,dark and handsome...helped!

Find this interview funny, because hates Jounalists. Yet need them, to projection grand delusions onto others. Say needs that to, so can get more woman and be better than as mean populists, in society. 

Basically, been taken advantage of by bottom feeders in society like Boag and co. Going be a dear PR campaign Leo. Farrar and co charge large, don't always deliver.  Many of Simon Lusks clients, find that one out the hard way.

I'm struggling not to say something bad about this horrendous article..... they're all the same, every single PR paid article. Try something new, Leo!

We know you're angry, we know you love yourself. We've seen this all before - show us (Aucklanders) something worthwhile.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SLB2.0 said:

I'm struggling not to say something bad about this horrendous article..... they're all the same, every single PR paid article. Try something new, Leo!

We know you're angry, we know you love yourself. We've seen this all before - show us (Aucklanders) something worthwhile.

Actually you're right.  It is the same spin piece everytime.  

I'm waiting for the hatchet job articles from all and sundry when things get serious.

Interesting he is setting up a business in Pakuranga.  Although he is short enough I didn't think he would be into noodles and rice.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

The reality is that he he is good at the hospo game,has a successful formula and I expect it will work in that Pakuranga location.

He has had plenty of leg ups...Vela,Morton,Wyborn,sister over the years and burned a few 

'friends' too.

His restaurant in Pukekohe was a flop, but he clearly didn't do the ground work, as that location is a death trap for restaurants, and has been for 20+ years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holy ravioli said:

The reality is that he he is good at the hospo game,has a successful formula and I expect it will work in that Pakuranga location.

Nothing much else has so it would  be a first.

12 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Yes Saloon Saloon ,but all was well,it was palmed off to one of his 'friends'to take the hit.

27 minutes ago, SLB2.0 said:

His restaurant in Pukekohe was a flop, but he clearly didn't do the ground work, as that location is a death trap for restaurants, and has been for 20+ years.

To be fair my understanding is they both got screwed over by the landlord.

9 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

M Racing would have to be one of the most acrimonious flops on his C.V.

Hopeless record as a trainer to boot.

I don't often defend the little fella but his record as a trainer is better than most but not as good as some.  He took on some crocks that others had discarded too and won with them.

41 wins from 370 starts and 7 Grp and Listed wins.  Not too shabby a record by any stretch.

20 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I don't often defend the little fella but his record as a trainer is better than most but not as good as some.  He took on some crocks that others had discarded too and won with them.

41 wins from 370 starts and 7 Grp and Listed wins.  Not too shabby a record by any stretch.

Better than I thought but not so good for someone who bragged he had all of NZ's top owners giving him horses to train.

His placement of horses was questionable too imo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Better than I thought but not so good for someone who bragged he had all of NZ's top owners giving him horses to train.

His placement of horses was questionable too imo.

Well you do tend to go off without doing your homework.  As for his placement of horses being questionable can you give us all an example of your esteemed and cogent analysis?

As I said above he did get a lot of tried horses that had issues and did comparatively well with them.

• Fake News! 1

3 hours ago, SLB2.0 said:

Once the real action on political field for Mayor starts. He be at the 400 m ahead, then stop like gun shot at 200m and badly gapped by the finish.

2 hours ago, holy ravioli said:

He has had plenty of leg ups...Vela,Morton,Wyborn,sister over the years and burned a few 

'friends' too.

Ellis, the other funders from Waikato breeding sect and NZ First.

9 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Well you do tend to go off without doing your homework.  As for his placement of horses being questionable can you give us all an example of your esteemed and cogent analysis?

As I said above he did get a lot of tried horses that had issues and did comparatively well with them.

I remember he trained a good 2.y.o ,beat Vespa from memory ,had an unusual name owned by big noter Tony.G.....wrecked it- ran Nth Is,Sth Is,wet,firm,soft...weight-hopeless.

Another 1 was an unsound horse nicname 'Dorothy' ,he started it in the railway!

As well as inheriting other horses with problems the water walker would solve...being thrown into Grp races and failing badly.

I don't usually need to do homework,my memory is good.

I see you can't resist attacking the messenger as usual.

1 hour ago, holy ravioli said:

Yes Saloon Saloon ,but all was well,it was palmed off to one of his 'friends'to take the hit.

Yes, his good we friend wanted to fight me... talking up big game in comment section of FB. Not got see him and gone into hiding since... weak. Problems of being Leo shadow and dumb repeater station.

24 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Another 1 was an unsound horse nicname 'Dorothy' ,he started it in the railway!

As well as inheriting other horses with problems the water walker would solve...being thrown into Grp races and failing badly.

I don't usually need to do homework,my memory is good.

So your good memory enables you to remember a horses stable name but not its race name even after it ran in a Railway Handicap?

Are you thinking of Celeris?  If you are she never ran in a Railway but she did win the Levin Stakes and started in the Telegraph finishing last.  She bled in that race.  I remember it well because I talked to the distraught trainer down at the stables after the race.  

Also remember and average ride from Mark Du Plesis on our horse to run third that day.

James McDonald rode that day.

Another vivid memory at the end of the day was seeing Rosie Myers, Kelly Myers, Sam Spratt and Michelle Spratt in the Owners/Trainers bar after the last race all dressed up for town. 

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

So your good memory enables you to remember a horses stable name but not its race name even after it ran in a Railway Handicap?

Are you thinking of Celeris?  If you are she never ran in a Railway but she did win the Levin Stakes and started in the Telegraph finishing last.  She bled in that race.  I remember it well because I talked to the distraught trainer down at the stables after the race.

I recall the name 'Dorothy' because he said it would give them a big 'fright'....it ran last,maybe it was the Telegraph.

2 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

I recall the name 'Dorothy' because he said it would give them a big 'fright'....it ran last,maybe it was the Telegraph.

Not surprising when it bled!  The horse was previously with Roger James who had a high opinion of it until it broke down.

There's plenty of material to bag Molloy on but his efforts as an Owner, Jockey and Trainer don't provide much.

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Not surprising when it bled!  The horse was previously with Roger James who had a high opinion of it until it broke down.

There's plenty of material to bag Molloy on but his efforts as an Owner, Jockey and Trainer don't provide much.

As a jockey I would agree.

Bought the slowest Pins ever for 200k and when it proved a dud...blamed Gibbs and the vets.=Givemthebash.

Had one with Lum that wasn't too bad...by American sire?

• Like 1