Bit Of A Yarn

Yet another Meth

Yankiwi

On 5/15/2023 at 8:23 PM, BitofaLegend said:

Speaking of the CD, why did Fredickson give it in so quickly?

Fredrickson was groomed into greyhound racing by unowho to take his leftovers which Gary clicked onto after a couple of years I feel sorry for him 🎯

1 hour ago, Yankiwi said:

Wasted enough time chasing up evidence because you requested it Chief, only to have you ignore it and/or move the goal post.

I'm done with that.

Therefore, I've utilized a tool your website has provided for members use.

image.png.2229d7ebcebc862c89bd9521f89a1c71.png

Trouble with that Yankiwi is you can't ignore the administrator.

The reality is you are not interested in practical solutions for industry problems.  You have a personal beef with the industry and some individuals.

Fair enough - you are allowed to express those vires on BOAY when other forums wouldn't be so lenient.

I can say without reservation that your posts have led to industry administrators contacting me more than any other poster.

However I've allowed you to continue to express your opinions.

My point about these Meth positives is that something constructive needs to be done to solve a problem that could bring the industry to its knees.  You haven't offered any solutions other than removing people from the game.

On 5/16/2023 at 11:35 AM, Chief Stipe said:

Was the level detected high enough to be performance enhancing?

This doesn't matter to the RIB.  There is no scientific evidence that cobalt is performance enhancing but, licence holders are still charged if detected.  I would have thought meth would have a negative effect on performance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

My point about these Meth positives is that something constructive needs to be done to solve a problem that could bring the industry to its knees.

When it's suggested to take meth users or affiliates out of the game that strikes me as being a form of deterrent.  Is that totally a bad idea?

As it appears meth positives are not from administering but, contamination why is evidence of such not treated in the same manner as Allan Sharrock's two cases at Awapuni?  The horses were disqualified but the trainer was exonerated.

How widely is pre-race testing with on the day results used?  This would definitely eliminate the chance of any dog running with a prohibited substance on board, deliberate or accidental.  Cost is always an excuse for not doing something but, the fall out from these positives is more than a tarnish and I think consistent pre-race testing could be well worth the outlay in the long run.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Special Agent said:

When it's suggested to take meth users or affiliates out of the game that strikes me as being a form of deterrent.  Is that totally a bad idea?

But there have been cases where there has been no one identified.  For example the Lisa Waretine case both license holders returned negative tests to meth.  They were both disqualified.

As it appears meth positives are not from administering but, contamination why is evidence of such not treated in the same manner as Allan Sharrock's two cases at Awapuni?  The horses were disqualified but the trainer was exonerated.

Inconsistency in rulings across the codes.  That has been a long time criticism.

How widely is pre-race testing with on the day results used?  This would definitely eliminate the chance of any dog running with a prohibited substance on board, deliberate or accidental. 

Not necessarily as some tests take longer to process.  Plus there is the risk of false positives.  Imagine the furore if a dog was scratched for a false positive. 

On 17/05/2023 at 3:24 PM, Chief Stipe said:

Trouble with that Yankiwi is you can't ignore the administrator.

Chief, the websites ignore user tool stinks.

I can say without reservation that your posts have led to industry administrators contacting me more than any other poster.

Surely to thank you for allowing me to continue to offer them constructive criticism here, something I would be unable to do if I were still an LP.

My point about these Meth positives is that something constructive needs to be done to solve a problem that could bring the industry to its knees.  You haven't offered any solutions other than removing people from the game.

I've never disagreed with this. I simply stated that setting up threshold levels would be pointless until the favourtism/corruption is removed from the decision makers.

A positive swab for Cobalt level above the threshold recently went uncharged. So, what will happen when the next one pops up? My point is it will depend on which trainer/connections will have returned it to how it is dealt with. That is the problem I have.

8 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

But there have been cases where there has been no one identified.  For example the Lisa Waretine case both license holders returned negative tests to meth.  They were both disqualified.

But in the Waretine cases both vehicles used for transporting their dogs returned positive results INSIDE the vehicles.

This was also true in the Gowan case where she received an 18-month disqualification.

One thing that differs is that the Gowan case was an out of competition swab, which I understand might be the situation with the current CD investigation. If that is the fact, then I would expect only the trainer of record would face charges as it wouldn't be a presentation charge. 

To my mind, the reason the swab was called for should be irrelevant when the positive swab comes back to a permanently banned substance, which in out of competition testing, is all they are testing for (caffeine & the like would be ignored).

8 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

My car has never been inside a bar, let alone the interior or steering wheel of it.

But presumably you have been in both.

Haven't you watched the TV programme Border Security?  The second question they ask someone whose bag swab returns a positive is - have you been near someone or in a place where drugs have been used or available?

12 hours ago, Special Agent said:

Unless a bar leaner drives the dogs to the races, what is your point?

Answered that.  Basically environmental contamination has a multitude of sources.  Do you expect trainers to swab everyone and every vehicle?

The Waretini vehicle returned a positive swab that the detected level was so low that in a court of law the evidence would not be admissible.  That's how a higher court than the racing judiciary treats it.  Unfortunately we have an ex-cop detective mentality in the RIB who appear to have free rein to do stuff that they wouldn't have done in their past job.

• Like 1

Just did some research.

A wipe test, border enforcement officers can detect traces of drugs roughly comparable to a teaspoon of sugar dissolved in an Olympic-size swimming pool with a water volume of 2.5 million litres.

So that's 5ml divided by 200,000,000 ml.  Or 1ml in 40,000,000ml.

I still find this comment interesting.

Don't industry administrators like what I have to say?

Surely, they understand that I relinquished my license & haven't been to a greyhound race in about 8 years.

Surely, they will know that I had closed my TAB account and haven't had a punt on the races for over 7 years.

Back during the era, when I was using the other toxic racing forum, many of the gripes I aired were my own. I've evolved since then. Now I consider myself two things.

• A watchdog
  • A mouthpiece for some of those who are still have a vested interest in the industry who are censored from speaking out by the GRNZ rule book about wrongdoings still rife within the code.

I bet they wonder how I get the current scoops that I post on BOAY. I will say it comes from many reliable sources. Let them chew on that.

I share the truth of what's really going on. If the truth hurts them then it's their problem not mine.

The industry administrators should be thankful for what I share on here. I give them a chance to hear some of the things that are on the tip of their LP tongues. I point out what I consider to be their wrong doings, favourtisms & corruption that I have become aware of.

Maybe one day they'll find the time to thank me. I didn't go down the route of others before me that were fed up with their bullshit and begin to take the steps to get them shut down.

So, and excuse me if this has been suggested on here before, as the investigations and rulings are inconsistent across the three codes, is the answer then a Royal Commission Inquiry into the RIB/RIU performance and handling of misdemeanours, swabbing procedures, thresholds and general rules/policies?  Going by comments on here if a clean out is sought it may not just be licence holders who should be looked at.

• Champ Post 1

32 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

I still find this comment interesting.

Don't industry administrators like what I have to say?

Invariably they make contact to provide the correct information that contradicts your assertions.

33 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Surely, they understand that I relinquished my license & haven't been to a greyhound race in about 8 years.

So you have no interest in seeing the sport continue.

34 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

I bet they wonder how I get the current scoops that I post on BOAY. I will say it comes from many reliable sources. Let them chew on that.

I share the truth of what's really going on. If the truth hurts them then it's their problem not mine.

But they're not "scoops"!  More often than not they are unsubstantiated rumours or a twisted version of the truth.

35 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

I point out what I consider to be their wrong doings, favourtisms & corruption that I have become aware of.

But very rarely if ever with substantial evidence to prove your assertions.

36 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Maybe one day they'll find the time to thank me. I didn't go down the route of others before me that were fed up with their bullshit and begin to take the steps to get them shut down.

And that sums up your motivation.  For some reason probably based on a past grievance you want to see Greyhound Racing shut down.  You are not interested in providing solutions.

29 minutes ago, Special Agent said:

So, and excuse me if this has been suggested on here before, as the investigations and rulings are inconsistent across the three codes, is the answer then a Royal Commission Inquiry into the RIB/RIU performance and handling of misdemeanours, swabbing procedures, thresholds and general rules/policies?  Going by comments on here if a clean out is sought it may not just be licence holders who should be looked at.

Well an inquiry should be undertaken into the INCA investigation.

As for the inconsistency in rulings that is a more complex problem partly caused by differences in each codes approach.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Invariably they make contact to provide the correct information that contradicts your assertions.

Then why don't you provide the information provided by them which contradicts what I have provided on the forum?

Most likely because it's them telling you 1/2 truths or outright lies to try to protect their image. Going forward bring their rebuttal out in the forum & I'll tell you where their little fibs and BS within them are.

Even better, encourage GRNZ to create a user account here. They're quite proud of their Facebook account, so why not be equally proud of an account on your forum?

image.thumb.png.ba468e03755359f67e1d3097431dce5e.png

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

So you have no interest in seeing the sport continue.

Wrong. I have no interest in my wallet being part of the sport going forward.

Wrong. I have no interest in my wallet being part of the sport going forward.

So you have no interest other than your self appointed role of industry watchdog and whistle-blower.

So if your assertion is right and one of NZ's biggest trainers has returned a meth positive what do you think should happen?  

Most likely because it's them telling you 1/2 truths or outright lies to try to protect their image. Going forward bring their rebuttal out in the forum & I'll tell you where their little fibs and BS within them are.

It's interesting you're taking GRNZ/RIB/RIU's word for gospel with the history of coverups & lies after all these years they've been guilty of them.

Do you expect them to give you the truth about coverups they are carrying out, like the Cobalt positive above the threshold in the RIB's lab as well and the Australian Lab which were returned in the O'Regan incidence, when they then simply chose to ignore it and pursue the case of a dead rabbit/hare carcass found in their freezer instead while investigating the Cobalt swab?

That is the sort of corruption/favouritism I've called out on your forum & you're going to believe what they tell you about it?

Quite laughable really. I thought you were a much more cleaver man than that.

Nevermind, have it your way. You don't have to worry about getting false flags & gaslighting from industry administrators about me anymore. I will cease posting on your forum & let the industry administrators worry about where I pop up next.

13 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

It's interesting you're taking GRNZ/RIB/RIU's word for gospel with the history of coverups & lies after all these years they've been guilty of them.

I don't take anyone's word for gospel.  I make my own mind up.  Note I have had many requests to remove posts and haven't removed any respecting the right of people to express there opinion.  Often however they fail to provide any definitive proof that what they say is accurate.