Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hunterthepunter

dunn stable

Recommended Posts

can Dunn  stable win big cup week double nz cup and dominion trotters handicap ???? I think they have the two best chances of any stable in the country of doing it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can it be dunn?

I don't know, but it would be bloody well deserved if a battler like Geoff Dunn could take out the cup week double. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

can Dunn  stable win big cup week double nz cup and dominion trotters handicap ???? I think they have the two best chances of any stable in the country of doing it

What's the pacer in with a chance?  Classie brigade good horse but all stars would have a dozen better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The AllStars are still overwhelming favourites to pull off that double. Their trotters are more of a threat to Sundee's Son than Classie Brigade is to Spankem etc.

Also, Henry Hubert might come out of the woodwork to be a bigger threat than Classie Brigade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

Hopes have a decent chance of it too 

Provided the two trotters return to where I think they will.

They must have their fingers crossed with Monbet that he can be competitive again. 

He will need to be almost 100% of his former self to match some of the new blood and that is a big big ask with age and injuries. 

I hope he can front up because it would make the open class trotting just about as competitive and quality filled than it has ever been.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the other Hope trotter is the more likely of the pair to feature - and wouldn't be surprised if there is a driver change coming at some point if Monbet doesn't measure up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Monbet gets back into the winner's circle again sometime. 

To think of the coin that they turned down for him, and compare it to what he has won stakes wise since, man. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to see Monbet retired to a nice home, last week was awful and this week no better, couldn’t even keep up with the pack, hope he doesn’t continue to be flogged when he clearly isn’t a happy horse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

I’d like to see Monbet retired to a nice home, last week was awful and this week no better, couldn’t even keep up with the pack, hope he doesn’t continue to be flogged when he clearly isn’t a happy horse.

Sad to see, not a shadow of himself, I agree put the old boy in the paddock.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sundees Son, gee. I used to laugh at the horse once with his antics in breaking and throwing races away. Unbelievable horse this one and destined for greatness at this rate. He can sprint and stay, and will admit, as good as our Majestic Man is we are in for a torrid time and chasing place money at the moment . I hope  Dark Horse comes back as good as we know she can be , will be interesting if she manages to qualify for the top races after an enforced injury break. She is good enough and we rate her as a better stayer than a sprinter. Good times ahead

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, globederby12 said:

Sundees Son, gee. I used to laugh at the horse once with his antics in breaking and throwing races away. Unbelievable horse this one and destined for greatness at this rate. He can sprint and stay, and will admit, as good as our Majestic Man is we are in for a torrid time and chasing place money at the moment . I hope  Dark Horse comes back as good as we know she can be , will be interesting if she manages to qualify for the top races after an enforced injury break. She is good enough and we rate her as a better stayer than a sprinter. Good times ahead

Yes and the 3.13 time was the Pacers record for 2600 20 odd years ago, exciting times when all the rest of the good trotters return. Hope dark horse comes back better, untapped potential left in her

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/09/2019 at 8:50 PM, CrossCodes said:

I’d like to see Monbet retired to a nice home, last week was awful and this week no better, couldn’t even keep up with the pack, hope he doesn’t continue to be flogged when he clearly isn’t a happy horse.

I just watched his trial from Ashburton last week. While he was last of the pack they all moved a couple of lengths ahead of him by the end.

Sadly, I think the edge has gone from him.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I just watched his trial from Ashburton last week. While he was last of the pack they all moved a couple of lengths ahead of him by the end.

Sadly, I think the edge has gone from him.

Westview has a replacement in the making if Monbet is retired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rangatira said:

nominated for methven

Won't count for the punting competition so Westview will be looking for luck elsewhere on the card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2/10/2019 at 7:52 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

Horse with a bit of sass?

her relation raced in both pacing derbies of his year but won a 3yo race that was worth more than either derby

Edited by Rangatira

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stable report , Sass has a motor still working on the head. Big ask in a big field first up but can run.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...