Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Alaaluune

Not the best of runs during the race - 3 wide.  Didn't race all that kindly in the straight.  They didn't run time.  Certainly didn't run up to favourite status.

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Not the best of runs during the race - 3 wide.  Didn't race all that kindly in the straight.  They didn't run time.  Certainly didn't run up to favourite status.

if considered good enough to contest a G1 as a maiden  should have been able to miss the kick by five, travel 6 wide, get two checks in the straight run off and still win.   ordinary.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ashley said:

if considered good enough to contest a G1 as a maiden  should have been able to miss the kick by five, travel 6 wide, get two checks in the straight run off and still win.   ordinary.

Correct.  But I think they have fucked her up mentally.  If you look at the horses she finished close to as a 2 year old she should be doing better.  Probabeel?

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Correct.  But I think they have fucked her up mentally.  If you look at the horses she finished close to as a 2 year old she should be doing better.  Probabeel?

I agree with you she did not look like  ahappy horse today but would any one or any thing be happy if you had to put up with Rogie every day?

• Like 1

She has never looked like being a sprinter and should do better when she goes over more ground.

3 hours ago, Fred said:

She has never looked like being a sprinter and should do better when she goes over more ground.

agree...BUT the horse is losing/lost confidence by the look of things, we know she has the ability to kick any maiden field...so they need to start again and that starts with a GOOD REST FROM RACING. Someone tell the owners/Rogie  LOL ...oh, hang on, she cost a lot at Karaka didn't she?

I don't think the owner is short of a bob or two  and the senior trainer merely supplements his pension.

The horse has only just kicked off again with some short races but she did not look that comfortable on the firmer footing.