Bit Of A Yarn

Fashionable maiden win by Savabeel filly

• Journalists

Savabeel filly Fashion Shoot (NZ) broke her maiden at the second time of asking when scoring over 1200m at Te Rapa on Thursday.

The daughter of Savabeel surged clear to beat Extortion by a length and a quarter, while Royce Roca was another half-length away in third. 

Trainer Jamie Richards was pleased to see the three-year-old perform well against her own age group after running third against older horses at her first start.

“It was a nice win by a promising filly,” Richards said.

“She shaped up well at the trials and raced really well on the speed at Taupo. It’s always difficult for a first starter to lead like that and I thought she found a good kick against the older horses on that occasion.

“She drew a nice gate on Thursday, raced comfortably outside the speed and quickened in well against her own age group.”

Purchased by Te Akau’s David Ellis for NZ$320,000 at Book 1 of the New Zealand Bloodstock Karaka Yearling Sale, the filly is one of two winners out of dual Group Three winner High Fashion. 

Ellis was pleased with the win and was delighted to see the filly repay her connections faith.

“I’m absolutely over the moon to see her win at just her second start,” Ellis said.

“She was the last yearling filly to fully sell in 2019. I did a promotional video of her working with Gingernuts, here at the farm, saying what a beautiful filly she was and it’s turned out to be correct.”

The post Fashionable maiden win by Savabeel filly appeared first on BOAY Racing News.

View the full article