Bit Of A Yarn

King: Riduna can keep the good times rolling in Golden Pendant

• Journalists
riduna-500x280.jpgRiduna horseJockey Rachel King believes Riduna has the ability to win the Golden Pendant at Rosehill on Saturday.

In fine form, Rachel King believes Riduna can help her keep the wins coming in the Golden Pendant at Rosehill on Saturday.

King – who rode Alegron to victory in the Kingston Town Stakes and Overpass to second behind the great Nature Strip in the Shorts at Randwick last Saturday – believes Riduna is due for a Black Type victory.

She was impressed with the $20 outsider with Neds’ last-start second in the Tibbie Stakes also over 1400m at Newcastle on September 16.

More: Rosehill tips for Saturday September 24

It was a far cry from the four-year-old mare’s 15th in the Mona Lisa Stakes at Wyong on September 2.

“Riduna was super the other day. It was funny because when she went to Wyong I thought she would race quite well around there,” King told Sky Racing when asked about Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott’s sprinter.

“But she just didn’t handle the track. But on a bigger track she was a lot better last start.

“She really deserves one of these Black Type races. She’s a very, very honest filly, so I’m really looking forward to riding her.”

King also likes the look of Wingardium – for Bjorn Baker – heading into the Heritage Stakes over 1100m.

The $26 winning chance with Australian online bookmakers finished eighth from nine runners in the Darley Furious Stakes (1200m) at Randwick last start on September 3.

“Wingardiun did a little bit wrong first-up. She just over-raced on a heavy track, but she’s been really good since,” King said.

“She’s had a trial, and was nice and relaxed in that trial.

“I galloped her, and her work was super.”

More horse racing news

View the full article