Might And Power Stakes tips

What 2022 Might And Power Stakes
Where Caulfield Racecourse – 22 Station St, Caulfield East VIC 3145
When Saturday, October 8, 2022 | 3:50pm AEST | Race 7
Prizemoney $1,000,000
Distance 2000m
Status Group 1
Conditions Weight For Age
2021 Winner Probabeel (1) | T: Jamie Richards| J: Brett Prebble (57kg)

Visit Ladbrokes

The Might And Power Stakes over 2000m oozes quality this year and will be one of the most anticipated races on the card at Caulfield on Saturday. It is a great lead-up race for the Caulfield Cup and Cox Plate later in the spring, with the majority of this field having aspirations to go on to both of those races.

There is very little separating the majority of this eight-horse field, where the James Cummings-trained Anamoe has opened up the $2.30 favourite with Zaaki ($4.80) on the second line of betting with online bookmakers. The Mick Price & Michael Kent Jnr-trained I’m Thunderstruck is next up at $5.50, closely followed by Underwood Stakes winner Alligator Blood at $6.50 on the fourth line. However, Mo’unga ($12) and Mr Brightside ($15) are not out of it at bigger odds.

The speed map for this Might And Power Stakes will be very similar to when the majority of this field met in the Underwood Stakes two weeks ago at Sandown, where Alligator Blood and Zaaki took up the lead together. The Price & Kent team has confirmed that I’m Thunderstruck will take up a more prominent position this time from barrier one, so he and Nonconformist should be on the back of the leaders. Anamoe, Benaud and Mo’unga will all be out the back and will be letting down the outside with plenty to give if there is a hot tempo set by the leaders.

Continue reading for HorseBetting’s top selections and $100 betting strategy for the 2022 Might And Power Stakes.

In one of the best-ever editions of the Might And Power Stakes, we are going to be siding with the Godolphin runner, Anamoe. Even though this four-year-old is $2.30 with the betting sites and will probably shorten before raceday, he is going to be very hard to beat. This son of Street Boss has won both of his starts this preparation – the Group 1 Winx Stakes (1400m) and the Group 1 George Main Stakes (1600m) in Sydney – before arriving in Melbourne this week. He won dominantly both times at Randwick, toying with his rivals; however, he now meets one of the best fields he will have met in his career. Anamoe should have won a Cox Plate last year and he is the $3 favourite in this year’s edition, so this won’t be his grand final, but we believe he will pick up the Might And Power Stakes on the way through.

The Annabel Neasham trained-Mo’unga was one of the horses that we put in our Follow Files after his second-place finish in the Underwood Stakes behind Alligator Blood. This son of Savabeel was also good in his other start in Victoria, finishing third in the Group 1 Makybe Diva Stakes on a Soft 7. If Damien Oliver can have this guy on the outside with Anamoe, we expect to see these two going at it down to the line and finish one-two.

I’m Thunderstruck and Zaaki are obviously very strong chances. I’m Thunderstruck will be racing closer than usual, and that could undo him and possibly weaken his normal booming finish. Zaaki will be on the speed with Alligator Blood, and if they overdo it, the swoopers will be all over them late.

2022 Might And Power Stakes selections & best bets

Selections:
  • Anamoe-Silks-1.png1

ANAMOE

• Mo'unga silks8

MO’UNGA

• I'm Thunderstruck3

I’M THUNDERSTRUCK

• Zaaki2

ZAAKI

$100 betting strategy
$80 win Anamoe (#7) @ $2.30 with Bet365