NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Hey Kate Cowan.....

Had the absolute displeasure of watching Kate Cowan ride Lupelani,  fav at Matamata today.  Talk about indecision for an apprentice who has reasonable Raceday experience... 

I suggest Kate you check out the ride by Miss Rose Pearson (A3k) on Street Spun at Sandown today...and you might see how making a decision at a crucial time can get you the prize.....

Oh cmon...she's a 3 kg claimer...and that's what you get sometimes 

You can't compare Arse apps with ours can you?

They have far more competition and better App schools for one...

KC's still a bit weak and she's probably always going to be a 'feel' rider than a strong one considering her very slight build...

Shes an intelligent Uni Grad who can work things out for herself...but...

NGH will undoubtedly have taken her aside as will Nige...if indeed they think it was bad

But giving impressionable Apps grief on websites...which they read...will only make her feel worse than she is..

...You weren't the one who put 8k on her were you?

• Haha 1

Guest CrossCodes

Anyone who puts an $8K bet with a 3kg apprentice on in ANY race needs their head read, and Kate Cowan is a very weak rider so it was an even worse bet.

Hunua Hank in the first with her on board was also a certainty beat.

5 hours ago, Thomass said:

Oh cmon...she's a 3 kg claimer...and that's what you get sometimes 

You can't compare Arse apps with ours can you?

They have far more competition and better App schools for one...

KC's still a bit weak and she's probably always going to be a 'feel' rider than a strong one considering her very slight build...

Shes an intelligent Uni Grad who can work things out for herself...but...

NGH will undoubtedly have taken her aside as will Nige...if indeed they think it was bad

But giving impressionable Apps grief on websites...which they read...will only make her feel worse than she is..

...You weren't the one who put 8k on her were you?

No..I wasn’t the poor misguided fool that wasted $8k on that horse - I would no more back a horse in NZ on a) heavy track, b) an apprentice on board...They can’t learn here in NZ...she will show a reasonable level of intelligence (if that’s at all possible for a. uni graduate) if she watches the ride of Rose Pearson,  she MAY learn something...

Guest CrossCodes

Horse was very ordinary today, although covered a lot of extra ground ridden by Sam Collett, looks tired and I'd imagine we won't see it again for a while.

Guest CrossCodes

Let's be honest though, the fields there, like yesterday are a bloody disgrace, as well as some of the rides.

I liked Langbein today for an each way Bet and it was under the bat after 200m and couldn't keep up, virtually pulled up in the straight, a lot of very slow horses that will never win a race going around at the moment.

I will be closing my account this week after the debacle of a harness and greyhound code has finally tested my patience, and the standard of the gallops is going the same way.

Ill just stick to my offshore accounts and bet in the Sydney and Melbourne races only, decent tracks, decent riders, decent trainers....just better all around.

We haven't had rain here for yonks, well, the coast has had some, but when it rains, it rains.....the Gold Coast track is probably the best surface I've ever seen, the racing it cops is amazing, and only a few weeks ago in mid winter, restricted horses were running 1-8 and change for 1200.......Doomben is holding up really well, and down in SYD their tracks are going fair, MEL even better.....with Spring racing under way, the KIWI horses are going to be so far behind the 8 ball except Baker's that will now have the benefit of warm sun and good tracks.