NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Ride to time

curious

Really,A girl went to the McKee stable after doing 1 month at pony club and after 2 months working at the stable asked if she could ride a quiet horse around 2 laps of there track.She went perfectly for 1 lap and then it turned to custard when the horse took off and dropped her and she finished in a wheelchair.

Now Worksafe is taking the stable to court for unsafe practices and after getting a lawyer at there cost. he advised them to plead guilty and take the 200k fine or continue to use the lawyer to defend the case at a cost of 500k and no guarantee of success and if you lose the fine would be anyone's guess.

So I am told he is going to plead guilty, WHAT A JOKE, so if David Walsh had passed this girl as competent as a rider, who would be facing this charge with Worksafe???

13 hours ago, muzenza365 said:

Really,A girl went to the McKee stable after doing 1 month at pony club and after 2 months working at the stable asked if she could ride a quiet horse around 2 laps of there track.She went perfectly for 1 lap and then it turned to custard when the horse took off and dropped her and she finished in a wheelchair.

Now Worksafe is taking the stable to court for unsafe practices and after getting a lawyer at there cost. he advised them to plead guilty and take the 200k fine or continue to use the lawyer to defend the case at a cost of 500k and no guarantee of success and if you lose the fine would be anyone's guess.

So I am told he is going to plead guilty, WHAT A JOKE, so if David Walsh had passed this girl as competent as a rider, who would be facing this charge with Worksafe???

I feel so sorry for this young girl...her life as she know it, is thoroughly diminished plus having to endure a lifetime of care....to be placed in that situation cannot be forgiven. Someone is clearly negligent...so I hope Workplace goes through the place like a dose of salts. In doing so, it may bring some real reform to workplace health and safety.  But knowing the system, I imagine there will be no accountability.....

I hope this incident serves as a lesson to all those in the industry. The public are already struggling to find a place for racing...and this just hammers another nail in the coffin.  To most perception is reality...

Edited by MaltedMilkshake
Spelling