• Journalists
pp-geelong-500x280.jpg

Geelong racing preview

What Geelong Races
Where Geelong Racecourse – 99 Breakwater Rd, Breakwater VIC 3219
When Sunday, June 4, 2023
First Race 12:10pm AEST

Visit Ladbrokes

The weekend of racing in Victoria comes to a close with an eight-race program scheduled for Geelong Racecourse on Sunday afternoon. Up to 5mm of rain is forecast for Saturday, so we don’t expect to see any improvement on the current Soft 5 track rating. The rail comes out 2m from the 1700m-800m, while it is out 4m the remainder of the track. We kick off a competitive day of racing at 12:10pm AEST.

Best Bet at Geelong – Aramco

Aramco returns to the track and trip of his dominant debut victory back in December and we expect the Mick Price & Michael Kent (Jnr)-trained conveyance to remain unbeaten at the Geelong 1500m. The four-year-old gelded son of Sea The Moon took a sit off the speed that day and when asked for an effort early in the home straight quickened like a smart horse should and put 5.5 lengths on his rivals with relative ease and plenty left in the tank. He has been scratched a few times in the lead up to this fresh assignment, but Aramco looks to have found a nice BM64 to kick things off in. From barrier seven, Blake Shinn should be able to position him in a prominent position and when asked to quicken, he should be putting this field away once again.

Best Bet

Race 8 – Silk #4 Aramco (7)

4yo Gelding | T: Mick Price & Michael Kent (Jnr) | J: Blake Shinn (60kg)

$3 with Unibet

Next Best at Geelong – Any Zouwilldo

The Ken & Kasey Keys-trained Any Zouwilldo was hitting the line with great intent upon resumption over 1100m last time out and stepping up to the 1218m second-up looks ideal. He settled towards the rear of the field on that day and made up a stack of ground and was arguably going better late on than the eventual winner Great Gust. The three-year-old gelded son of Zoustar should take great benefit from that first-up effort here and despite needing to get back in the running from barrier 14 once again, we expect it will be no issue this time around. Any Zouwilldo has the best finishing burst in the race and in a race that looks set up perfectly for backmarkers, Any Zouwilldo is going to take a power of holding out.

Next Best

Race 2 – Silk #1 Any Zouwilldo (14)

3yo Gelding | T: Ken & Kasey Keys | J: Daniel Stackhouse (59.5kg)

$3.70 with Bet365

Best Value at Geelong – I Am Caviar

The impeccably bred I Am Caviar was rather disappointing at Kyneton last time out when forced to travel wide up on speed over 1118m. The three-year-old gelded son of I Am Invincible out of Black Caviar stays at the 1118m on Sunday but regains the services of senior jockey Billy Egan who rode him to his maiden victory two runs back at Bairnsdale. Egan took luck out of the equation on that day and much like his mum, I Am Caviar had his rivals chasing a long way. He is certainly not going to reach the heights of his sire or dam, but he strikes a winnable BM64 fourth-up and under a well-rated steer from Egan, I Am Caviar can run a cheeky race at a nice price with online bookmakers.

Best Value

Race 7 – Silk #8 I Am Caviar (10)

3yo Gelding | T: Peter Moody | J: Billy Egan (58.5kg)

$12 with Palmerbet

Sunday Quaddie Tips for Geelong

Geelong quadrella selections

Sunday, June 4, 2023

1. 1-3-6-9-11
  2. 7-8-13-14
  3. 2-4-8
  4. 4

Investment: $60 for 100%

More horse racing tips

View the full article