Bit Of A Yarn

Worst Drive In Ages

Ronaldo

You see some bad ones at times  but that one of Gerald Shand's on Aires Gold in Race 11 Sunday was plain incompotent. . Not only stuffed up his own horse but took second favourite  Buddy Reign out of contention with tactics.  Surprised, he only got six days suspension when he admitted his guilt.  I'd say at $ 5 , there would be more than a few Buddy Reign backers who would have liked to get hold of him. 

55 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

You see some bad ones at times  but that one of Gerald Shand's on Aires Gold in Race 11 Sunday was plain incompotent. . Not only stuffed up his own horse but took second favourite  Buddy Reign out of contention with tactics.  Surprised, he only got six days suspension when he admitted his guilt.  I'd say at $ 5 , there would be more than a few Buddy Reign backers who would have liked to get hold of him. 

If you are going to keep a horse parked three wide like that you better be sure your horse has the toughness to stick on for a top six position or have a decent excuse up your sleeve to get you off the hook.

I would argue Ross Camerons drive in that race was just as bad and he gave his horse no show off winning by going up the inside into a brick wall on the turn when he would clearly have run 1st or 2nd going wide. Hasn't he been done for driving like that in the past?

If there has been a lot of speed during the race, the inside of the track behind the tiring front runners is not the place to be. If it is just a sprint home the inside is the right place to be.  The low UDR drivers seem to want to take the opposite approach to this.