NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Slade Power Gets Off the Mark At HQ

• Journalists

4th-NEW, £8,000, Mdn, 4-18, 2yo, f, 5fT, 1:02.73, gd.
STRINGS OF LIFE (GB) (f, 2, Slade Power {Ire}–Nashama {Ire}, by Pivotal {GB})
, sent off the 2-1 joint-favourite, tracked the hard pace racing freely initially. Taken to the inner approaching the final furlong, the homebred picked up to take command 75 yards out and score by a half length from Kadiz (Ire) (Lope de Vega {Ire}). In doing so, she provided her Kildangan Stud-based first-season sire (by Dutch Art {GB}) with a first winner. “She’s done that nicely–I have two Slade Powers and they are both lovely, natural 2-year-olds,” trainer Charlie Appleby said. “I thought she was a bit behind for a while, but she’s just very natural and is entitled to come forward a good bit for this. She’s not the biggest in the world and I thought ‘she’s going to have to be early’, but she’s really strengthened well recently and had done a nice bit of work at home. We’ll try to map a plan towards Royal Ascot, as she’s a sharp ‘now’ filly and five is probably her game at the moment.” The dam, who also has a yearling filly by Iffraaj (GB), is out of the G2 Prix de Sandringham third Lurina (Ire) (Lure) whose sire son Centennial (Ire) (Dalakhani {Ire}) captured the G2 Great Voltigeur S. and G3 Sandown Classic Trial. This is the family of Alligatrix (Alleged), whose descendant include Croco Rouge (Ire) (Rainbow Quest), Taipan (Ire) (Last Tycoon {Ire}), Ali-Royal (Ire) (Royal Academy), Sleepytime (Ire) (Royal Academy) and also Wednesday’s G3 Nell Gwyn S. runner-up Altyn Orda (Ire) (Kyllachy {GB}). Lifetime Record: 1-1-0-0, £5,175. Video, sponsored by Fasig-Tipton.
O/B-Godolphin (GB); T-Charlie Appleby.

View the full article