• Journalists
PP-ShaTin-New-1-500x280.jpg

Sha Tin racing tips

What Sha Tin Races
Where Sha Tin Racecourse – Tai Po Rd, Sha Tin District, Hong Kong
When Saturday, June 15, 2024
First Race 4pm HKT (6pm AEST)

Visit Dabble

Hong Kong racing returns to Sha Tin on Saturday afternoon, with a massive 11-part program set for decision. The rail is in the C+3 for all turf contests, and with no significant rainfall anticipated to hit the course proper, punters should expect a genuine Good surface. The opening race is scheduled to get underway at 4pm local time.

Best Bet at Sha Tin: Call Me Glorious

Call Me Glorious couldn’t have been more impressive powering away to score by 2.3 lengths at this course and distance on May 26. The son of No Nay Never made every post a winner, securing victory comfortably under Zac Purton despite losing a plate throughout the run. He cops 4kg from the handicapper, but if he can replicate that last start performance, Call Me Glorious should be running his rivals into the ground to claim back-to-back wins.

Best Bet

Race 6 – Call Me Glorious#2 Call Me Glorious (2)

3yo Gelding | T: Francis Lui | J: Zac Purton (59kg)

Bet with Neds

Next Best at Sha Tin: Brilliant Express

Brilliant Express got a pass mark on debut at Sha Tin on June 2 and should take plenty of benefit with race-day experience under his belt. The John Size-trained gelding got too far back from barrier nine, getting chopped out for a run at a crucial stage. He should’ve finished much closer than the 4.8-length margin may suggest, and with a more economical run from barrier seven, watch for Brilliant Express to be doing his best work down the centre of the course.

Next Best

Race 4 – Brilliant Express#4 Brilliant Express (7)

3yo Gelding | T: John Size | J: Hugh Bowman (57.5kg)

Bet with Bet365

Best Value at Sha Tin: Pray For Mir

Pray For Mir was a two-time winner in Australia before being transferred to the Cody Mo barn and seems to be acclimatising well to his new conditions. The son of Justify caught the eye in a recent trial at Sha Tin on June 4, niggled along to stay within a half-length of Fortune Superstar. He should get a soft run on his Hong Kong debut from barrier five, and provided gallopers can make inroads despite the rail being out, Pray For Mir should give a good account of himself in the Sha Tin finale.

Best Value

Race 11 – Pray For Mir#8 Pray For Mir (5)

3yo Gelding | T: Cody Mo | J: Matthew Chadwick (55.5kg)

Bet with Picklebet

Hong Kong Saturday quaddie picks

Sha Tin quadrella selections

Saturday, June 15, 2024

1. 1-5-8
  2. 1-4-6-7
  3. 1-2-3-5-6-7-8
  4. 1-3-4-5-9-11

Horse racing tips

View the full article