NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Surface Water Again - Hastings Abandoned

12 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

With potentially four jump races at Waverley it is unlikely that there will be divisions.

That's interesting. With 4 days till the close of noms they only have 2 jumps races available for nomination and no stakes declared for those.

10 minutes ago, curious said:

Apparently only one available tv truck on the day.

Only two in the North Island?  Cambridge Trots and Wanganui Dogs?

I've never worked out why with today's technology and a decent Satellite link you actually needed one.  Especially for the Dogs.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Only two in the North Island?  Cambridge Trots and Wanganui Dogs?

I've never worked out why with today's technology and a decent Satellite link you actually needed one.  Especially for the Dogs.

I haven't either but I don't understand the technology. I wonder if a no tv meeting was considered.

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

At a course your Messiah Messara didn't want.  Go figure.  Plus there is an AWT down the road struggling to get nominations for trials!

The timely ,significant and much needed Messara report looked at the overall situation and made calls that should have been made decades ago. Couldn't allow for every eventuality but those where the overall infrastructure was not sustainable into the future missed the cut. Some survived for trials and jumpouts and cos of tenacity of locals. A few minor hitches along the way were always likely and it has given the industry watchdogs ,official and otherwise something to bang on about .

Without the sideshow and aftermath of a few abandonments what else would there be to talk about ?

Every one-horse town can't sustain a racetrack .

24 minutes ago, TAB For Ever said:

Every one-horse town can't sustain a racetrack .

Hokitika had no horses but could sustain a racetrack.

Ellerslie has no horses but can't seem to get a track that one can race on.

With the way the Mesara elite chosen few are performing they need every track in the country as a backup.

There aren't that many Pukekohe's left to hammer for the chosen one.