NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Irish Oaks Winner You Got To Me to be Offered at Tattersalls December Mares Sale

Wandering Eyes

• Journalists

It was announced on Tuesday that Irish Oaks winner You Got To Me (GB) will be offered at the forthcoming Tattersalls December Mares Sale, which takes place from December 2-5. The daughter of Nathaniel (Ire) will feature in the third edition of the Sceptre Sessions, which will be held over the first two days of the sale.

Bred by Dullingham Park Stud and Sarabex, You Got To Me first sold for 62,000gns at the Tattersalls December Foal Sale and was later bought by Alex Elliott for 200,000gns at Book 1 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale. The winner of the Lingfield Oaks Trial before finishing fourth at Epsom in the Oaks, she then beat Content (Ire) (Galileo {Ire}) to win the Irish Oaks before filling the runner-up spot behind that same filly in the Yorkshire Oaks.

You Got To Me's Listed-winning dam, Brushing (GB) (Medicean {GB}), hails from the family of the GII All American Derby winner Evolving Tactics (Ire) (Machiavellian) and the G3 C. L. Weld Park Stakes winner Token Gesture (Ire) (Alzao), who is in turn the dam of the GI Canadian International hero Relaxed Gesture (Ire) (Indian Ridge {Ire}).

You Got To Me was trained for owners Valmont and Newsells Park Stud by Ralph Beckett, who said, “As my first Irish Oaks winner You Got To Me will always be special. She is a gorgeous filly who has always been a pleasure to train and without doubt she has a huge future ahead of her both as a race filly and ultimately as a prized broodmare.

“She has already given her owners Valmont and Newsells Park Stud Bloodstock 24 enormous pleasure and whatever happens at the Tattersalls December Sale it would be wonderful if she were to return to Kimpton Down to race on.”

Tattersalls chairman Edmond Mahony added, “It is very rare for Classic-winning fillies to be offered for sale in the year of their Classic triumphs and You Got To Me will be the first Irish Oaks winner to grace the December Sale stage as a three-year-old for a very long time.

“She is by a wonderful sire in Nathaniel from a fabulous Moyglare Stud family and not only does she have all the credentials to be an outstanding broodmare, she also looks set to be amongst the very best of her generation as a race filly on the global stage next year.”

avw.php?zoneid=45&cb=67700179&n=af62659d

The post Irish Oaks Winner You Got To Me to be Offered at Tattersalls December Mares Sale appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

View the full article