NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

High Chaparral Colt Impresses At Newbury

• Journalists

6th-NBY, £8,550, Mdn, 4-21, 3yo, 8fT, 1:41.56, g/s.
RAYMOND TUSK (IRE) (c, 3, High Chaparral {Ire}–Dancing Shoes {Ire}, by Danehill), sent off at 11-1, was free early racing in a close-up second. Instead of paying for his early exertions, the €85,000 ARAUG yearling found extra when tackled by He’s Amazing (Ire) (Fastnet Rock {Aus}) after taking over at the quarter pole and powered clear for a resounding 4 1/2-length success. There were another two lengths back to Ta Allak (GB) (New Approach {Ire}), the half-brother to the recent G1 Dubai Turf hero Benbatl (GB) (Dubawi {Ire}) who shaped with real promise as he stayed on strongly at the end. “Raymond Tusk has always shown ability and I took him to Kempton and he worked well,” trainer Richard Hannon told the Racing Post. “He really could be anything. [Jockey] Tom [Marquand] said he had gears and won very well. I hope he’s better than a handicapper, but I’d love him to be off 88 in the Britannia [H. at Royal Ascot] and then I think he’ll want one mile two. He’s as nice a horse as you’ll see. He’s a fabulous-looking horse.” Dancing Shoes’s second foal was Striking Dancer (Smart Strike), who was successful in the GII La Canada S., GSW-US, $301,346. Still with a 2-year-old filly and yearling colt by No Nay Never, she is a half-sister to the G1 Coronation S. and GI Milady H. third Zarani Sidi Anna (Danzig) from the family of Sir Ivor’s sires Bates Motel and Super Asset. Lifetime Record: 1-1-0-0, $7,743. Video, sponsored by Fasig-Tipton.
O-Middleham Park Racing XXXI & K Sohi; B-Lynch-Bages & Rhinestone Bloodstock (IRE); T-Richard Hannon.

View the full article