NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Veracious Out of Guineas Picture

• Journalists

‘TDN Rising Star’ Veracious (GB) (Frankel {GB}), due to be ridden by Frankie Dettori, has been ruled out of the G1 QIPCO 1000 Guineas due to a “training setback”. The Sir Michael Stoute-trained daughter of Frankel was an impressive winner of a Newmarket maiden last October at second asking and had impressed Dettori in a gallop before racing at last week’s Craven meeting.

Stoute said, “Veracious will not be running in the 1000 Guineas because she has had a training setback.”

Chris Richardson, managing director of owner Cheveley Park Stud, confirmed Veracious is lame and expects her to undergo further tests in the coming days. He said, “I spoke to Sir Michael Stoute and I don’t know exactly what it is, but she is not 100% right. She is lame in behind and I think they are going to do some more tests and examinations to try to establish what it is. Frankie Dettori was very happy with her gallop on Wednesday and it looked good. We are all very disappointed.”

View the full article