NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Fee Hike For I Am Invincible

• Journalists

I Am Invincible (Aus), currently second behind Snitzel (Aus) on Australia’s general sires’ table, will stand for A$192,500 this year, up from A$110,000 in 2017. The son of Invincible Spirit has been on an upward trajectory since being crowned champion first-season sire in 2013/14, and his 18 stakes winners this season is also second only to Snitzel. I Am Invincible had five seven-figure yearlings at the recent Inglis Easter sale and was that sale’s second-leading sire by average behind Fastnet Rock (Aus) (three or more sold), with 34 sold averaging A$548,529.

I Am Invincible will be joined at Yarraman Park this season by his Group 1-winning son Hellbent (Aus), who is offered at an introductory fee of A$27,500. Hellbent capped his career on Mar. 23 with a win in the G1 William Reid S. over 1200 metres.

Yarraman Park also stands Snitzel’s three-quarter brother Hinchinbrook (Aus), whose Seabrook (NZ) won last weekend’s G1 Champagne S. after contesting all three legs of the Sydney 2-year-old Triple Crown.

Click here for a video with Yarraman Park’s Arthur Mitchell discussing the service fees.

View the full article