Bit Of A Yarn

Can mad MADISON COUNTY overcome blind NSW Vets this week??

Thomass

So mad Madison went off in the float last week...and was originally passed fit to race by the first Vet...who could see a simple harmless float rub...

..but then Racing NSW Feds..in the same tradition of the Racing Vic 'KIWI' Vets...who scratched him for being 'lame'ish...

...poked their sticky beaks in and got a proper 'BLIND' Vet to have another go at finding something wong...sure enough

...they found a massive under the skin hematoma sight unseen to normal humans...

At least Muzza has had the cold ice and rubbing salts on the 'massive wound' this week...

...even the 'expert' intelly gents Ozzie form students managed to keep their blind eyes open....

https://mobile.twitter.com/racing_nsw/status/1111031663566315520

Edited by Thomass
  • Champ Post 1

So onto the Derby...interesting Berry said if only he'd stayed on the fence..he wins...yep

Derby Not Donnie For Madison
Madison County's co-trainer Andrew Forsman and jockey Tommy Berry agree that next Saturday's Australian Derby is the right target for the three-year-old, not the Doncaster Mile, following his second in the Tulloch Stakes behind Angel Of Truth.

"We have always thought, providing he ran an honest race today, and looked like he'd stay, that's what he'd do," said Forsman.

"I know some people would like to see him in the Doncaster but I'm just not convinced he is that sort of horse, and I know Tommy shares the same opinion."

Punters Intelligence reveals what was obvious to the eye, Madison County moved strongly into the race, running the fastest splits from the 800-200m before his last 200m (12.39s) ranked third.

Tommy Berry was critical of his own ride after the race, “I think I’ve probably cost myself the win there. At the 600m, I had a chance to follow the fence and would of ended up behind Corey (Brown, Angel Of Truth) on the corner. I just didn’t think he was the right horse to be following. If I follow the fence we probably win.”

Forsman also said that stablemate The Chosen One will likely join Madison County having won the Manawatu Classic (2000m) at Awapuni on Saturday.