Bit Of A Yarn

Epsom Derby

Mooncoin

I thought I would put in my ten cents worth(and not after race)on The Derby today.

Cracking day today, hardly any rain the last 7 days though they have watered (mainly Tattenham Corner in the evenings)but does have a good sole of grass.With this in mind,this is how I see it!

It is one of the most even Derbys for a while.Ballydoyle have 7 of the field!The fav was outstanding at Chester,but my negatives are his inexperience and the dry ground.

So I'm keeping it in the pocket and running with my Anti -posts

Bangkok(25 )and Madhmoon(20) and will be having a little saver on Dick Van Dyke .He handled Lingfield well last start.

Cheers

• Like 2

Sensational tipping moon!!

What a race it was...best stayer won obviously...would have been unlucky to lose being blocked most of the way too!

Dont ya love O'Brain being interviewed before the race...if he could be anywhere else than in front of a mike...he would be!

• Like 1

Hold da phone!  Those are a tad wrong evidently...

The ones taken off video are far more accurate...

...and Benchmarked to previous strongly run Derbys...

This writer had Madhmood on equal terms to the winner as well...after allowing for a stumble 800 out...interesting

Epsom Derby sectionals

Connections and Chris Hayes (top lad)had reported that the mile and a half was what they were working towards all along and were super confident with his racing style he would stay!

After The Derby,Chris said the horse travelled well but at the road crossing got himself lite  up!Chris was hoping to sit for another 1/ 2 or 1 furlong before hitting the button.The disappointment on his face(what might have been)said it all.