NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Cityscape’s Give and Take Wins the Musidora

• Journalists

Nicholas Jones’s Give and Take (GB) (Cityscape {GB}) is not certain to go to Epsom for the Oaks, but she has one of the season’s more important races on her portfolio now after capturing Wednesday’s G3 Tattersalls Musidora S. at York. Second to TDN Rising Star Crystal Hope (GB) (Nathaniel {Ire}) in a Sandown conditions event on her seasonal debut Apr. 27, the homebred was anchored in rear early by James Doyle and gradually eased into contention as the field clumped in midstraight. Swooping on Dancing Brave Bear (Street Cry {Ire}) with a furlong remaining, the 7-2 second favourite stuck to her guns to score by a length, with Ejtyah (GB) (Frankel {GB}) 1 1/2 lengths back in third. This was not considered a strong renewal and perhaps trainer William Haggas’s reaction said it all. “She’s a stakes winner for the breeder, so I’m delighted,” he commented. “I’ve never been convinced a mile and a half is her thing, as she’s always shown speed at home. I have her in the [May 27 G1 Prix] Saint-Alary [at ParisLongchamp] next weekend and I’m going to look at that even though I know it’s quite soon. The breeder tells me there is a lot of stamina in her pedigree and there is only one [Epsom] Oaks, so if he wants to go for it we’ll go.”

GIVE AND TAKE (GB), f, 3, Cityscape (GB)–Grace and Glory (Ire), by Montjeu (Ire).
O-Nicholas Jones; B-Coln Valley Stud (GB); T-William Haggas; J-James Doyle. £56,710. Lifetime Record: 5-2-3-0, £67,939. Werk Nick Rating: B. Click for the eNicks report & 5-cross pedigree.

View the full article