Bit Of A Yarn

Magic Millions National Sale

National Weanling sale kicks off on the 24th May.

29th May National Broodmare Sale.

5th June National Yearling Sale.

7th June National Racehorse Sale.

If anyone is interested at possibly buying at any of these sales ,i have two men on the ground for the sales.

One leading sales vendor from Victoria and a trainer/breeder  from Queensland who would be happy to look at prospective purchases on your behalf.

PM me more details

Regards Mooncoin (aka Swoopa)?

I thought a new name for a new site would freshen me up!!

Yes, very interesting so far.  It seems some very experienced farms (vendors) are selling their complete 2017 crop of youngsters, not unlike Dan Myers.  This action, I believe,  will temper a red hot market.  I know the middle to lower tiers of both the Classic and Premier sales were slow....so this could be the start of downturn in the yearling market. 

The "big" farms are selling many weanlings by their new resident sires....obviously to get them out into the market...but also it could be they see a downturn (at that end of the market) coming and don't want to be left with slow moving yearlings....

I'm sure the big names will be targeting the nice mares next week...so again it will show an imbalance in the industry....

On 24/05/2018 at 4:41 AM, Rowley Mile said:

Yes, very interesting so far.  It seems some very experienced farms (vendors) are selling their complete 2017 crop of youngsters, not unlike Dan Myers.  This action, I believe,  will temper a red hot market.  I know the middle to lower tiers of both the Classic and Premier sales were slow....so this could be the start of downturn in the yearling market. 

The "big" farms are selling many weanlings by their new resident sires....obviously to get them out into the market...but also it could be they see a downturn (at that end of the market) coming and don't want to be left with slow moving yearlings....

I'm sure the big names will be targeting the nice mares next week...so again it will show an imbalance in the industry....

Weanling sale prices seemed down on previous  years.I have noted that the big trainers were not back in force this year which kept the sale at the level where it should be imo.