NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Al Basti Increases York Sponsorship

• Journalists

Dubai based Malih Al Basti is developing partnerships with numerous racecourses around the world through the sponsorship activities of his company Al Basti Equiworld and his already significant involvement with York is set to grow with the news that Al Basti Equiworld will sponsor both the G2 Dante S. and G2 Middleton S. at the Dante meeting next year. Al Basti has horses in training in both Ireland and Britain with the likes of Joseph O’Brien, Richard Fahey, David O’Meara and Sir Mark Prescott among others and in addition to already sponsoring the G2 Gimcrack S. at the Ebor Festival, Al Basti Equiworld has also backed the new Owners’ Welcome Building since it opened in 2015, as well as the main Owners and Trainers Restaurant and the Winning Connections Building. Commenting about the agreement, York Racecourse chairman, Lord Grimthorpe said, “The Dante is a race that regularly showcases a real equine talent, so it is very exciting news that Malih and the rest of the team at Al Basti Equiworld share my enthusiasm for this famous contest.” Explaining his increased support of York, Malih Al Basti said, “York Racecourse works hard to support horsemen and I share their commitment to owners, trainers, jockeys and racing staff so I was keen to back their efforts. The Dante and the Middleton are races that echo around the racing world and I am proud that they will now carry our name.”

View the full article