NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Delegator’s Accidental Agent Shocks Queen Anne Rivals

• Journalists

ACCIDENTAL AGENT (GB), c, 4, Delegator (GB)–Roodle (GB), by Xaar (GB). (8,000gns RNA Ylg ’15 TAOCT).
O/B-Mrs R F Johnson Houghton (GB); T-Eve Johnson Houghton; J-Charles Bishop. £367,197. Lifetime Record: 14-5-2-1, £601,261.
   Only sixth in the G1 Lockinge S. at Newbury May 19, Accidental Agent (GB) (Delegator {GB}) found the requisite improvement to grind out a notable first Royal Ascot success for trainer Eve Johnson Houghton and jockey Charles Bishop at a huge 33-1 in the G1 Queen Anne S. Anchored with one behind early, the bay who had been third to Century Dream (Ire) (Cape Cross {Ire}) in the Listed Paradise S. on his penultimate start over this course and distance on soft ground May 2 worked his way between rivals and to the lead 50 yards out to deny a blanket of rivals. Lord Glitters (Fr) (Whipper), who beat him in the Balmoral H. here in October, was a half length behind in second, a neck in front of Lightning Spear (GB) (Pivotal {GB}) who was in turn a nose ahead of Century Dream. There was another half length to the US raider Yoshida (Jpn) (Heart’s Cry {Jpn}) in fifth, while Benbatl (GB) (Dubawi {Ire}) attracted a wave of support into 11-4 favouritism but after racing prominently faded to 10th. “It hasn’t really sunk in yet, but Eve was the one who wanted to come here,” Bishop said. “He’s got there to the front and quickened up again.” His trainer added, “My mum bred him and we have the mare in the field, nobody wanted to buy him at 8,000gns and I thought I was tilting at windmills. I dreamt about being third and this is just ridiculous.”

View the full article