NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Twirling Candy’s Finley’sluckycharm Earns Gets Her Grade I in the Madison

• Journalists

FINLEY’SLUCKYCHARM (m, 5, Twirling Candy–Day of Victory, by Victory Gallop) earned her well-deserved first Grade I victory with a gritty score in the Madison S. at Keeneland Saturday. Quickest away from the stalls in post 12, the dark bay was out-footed by Grade I winner American Gal (Concord Point) and pressed that rival from second through swift early splits of :21.96 and :44.31. Gaining a slight edge on the pacesetter in the lane, she was joined by Miss Sunset (Into Mischief) and Lewis Bay (Bernardini) to the outside, but called upon her class to gut out a narrow victory in 1:22.82. Miss Sunset was second with Lewis Bay in third and American Gal fourth. Runner-up in the 2016 GI La Brea S., Finley’sluckycharm won the GIII Winning Colors S. and GIII Chicago H. last term. Just missing behind Eclipse finalist and dual Grade I winner Paulassilverlining (Ghostzapper) in the GII Honorable Miss H., the $77,000 KEESEP buy returned to winning ways in the GII Thoroughbred Charities of America S. here in October, but could only manage ninth in the GI Breeders’ Cup F/M Sprint Nov. 4. The 5-year-old kicked off this term with a runner-up effort in the Mardi Gras S. in her first try on turf at Fair Grounds Feb. 13. Lifetime Record: 15-10-3-0.

O-Carl R Moore Management LLC; B-Lakland Farm (KY); T-Cret Calhoun.

View the full article