NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

More Than Ready’s Funtastic Wires the UN

• Journalists

Making his Grade I debut and duly dismissed at odds of 23-1 despite some progressive form, Three Chimneys Farm’s FUNTASTIC (c, 4, More Than Ready–Quiet Dance, by Quiet American) jumped straight into the lead from the inside stall, was rated along nicely by Antonio Gallardo through six furlongs in 1:13.52, pinched a bit of a break into the lane and had just enough left in the tank to hold off his favored stablemate Money Multiplier (Lookin at Lucky) to win Saturday’s United Nations S. at Monmouth Park. The latter raced too freely through the opening five-eighths of a mile, settled better in the middle stages and stayed on well to complete the exacta. Stakes-placed last year at three Funtastic hit the board in his first two appearances this season, but was exiting a facile 12-furlong Belmont allowance win May 26. Funtastic is not only a half-brother to the late Horse of the Year Saint Liam (Saint Ballado), but is also kin to Monmouth Grade II winner Quiet Giant (Giant’s Causeway), the dam of reigning Horse of the Year and new Three Chimneys stallion Gun Runner (Candy Ride {Arg}). The further female family includes More Than Ready’s GI Mother Goose S. winner Buster’s Ready and MGSW Lull (War Front). Funtastic is the 22nd worldwide Group 1/Grade I winner for his wildly successful stallion and his first Grade I-winning turf male in the United States. He is the 86th graded winner and 189th black-type winner for More Than Ready and achieved his feat just minutes after Sir Truebadour won the GIII Bashford Manor S. at Churchill Downs. Lifetime Record: 9-4-2-1. O-Three Chimneys Farm; B-Besilu Stables LLC (KY); T-Chad Brown.

View the full article