NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

‘Conti’ Tops Arqana Summer Sale

• Journalists

Galleo Conti (Fr) (Poliglote {GB}), a juvenile half-brother to MG1SW-chaser Silvinaco Conti (Fr) (Dom Alco {Fr}), topped the first day of the Arqana Summer Sale at Deauville on Tuesday. Lot 165 brought €180,000 from trainer Guillaume Macaire, which was a new record for a store at Arqana. The bay is also a half-brother to Toscana Conti (Fr) (Dom Alco {Fr}) and Ucello Conti (Fr) (Martaline {GB}), listed winners in the jumping sphere and a full-brother to SP Class Conti (Fr).

“Pierre [Pilarski] and I are going to partner in this horse,” said Macaire. “I know the family well, as I used to train Silvianaco Conti and Ucello Conti among others. We are looking for quality horses and I couldn’t bypass this one. He is also one of the very least Poliglotes around, so we are thrilled to have him.”

After the first day of selling, 118 sold from 190 offered (62.1%), grossing €3,401,700. The average was €28,828 (-1.8%) and the median was €20,000. During the 2-year-old store portion of Tuesday’s trade, six brought six-figure prices, double 2017’s figures, while the aggregate was €2,980,000.

The Summer Sale continues on Wednesday at 11 a.m. local time.

View the full article