NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

The Jockey Club Announces 2018-19 Scholarship Recipients

• Journalists

Brianna Vitt, a senior at the University of Louisville and Jacqueline Schumacher, a senior at the University of Arizona’s Race Track Industry Program, have been awarded The Jockey Club’s scholarships for the 2018-19 school year. Vitt earned The Jockey Club Scholarship, worth $15,000 ($7,500 per semester), while Schumacher takes The Jockey Club Jack Goodman Scholarship, which awards $6,000 ($3,000 per semester). Goodman, a longtime The Jockey Club member who co-founded the RTIP, passed away in April.

“I am honored to receive The Jockey Club Scholarship,” said Vitt, who aims to pursue a career in equine marketing. “With this reward, I am able to keep school as my main focus and broaden my experiences in the racing industry. This will allow me to take the next step toward my long-term objectives and dreams.”

“I would like to express my gratitude to The Jockey Club for this award and to my professors Wendy Davis and Liz Bracken at the University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program,” said Schumacher, who plans to enter a career in international simulcasting. “Their unwavering dedication to the RTIP students forms the bedrock on which we students stand.”

View the full article