NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Tom Hamm Named Three Chimneys Director of Stallion Nominations

• Journalists

Tom Hamm has been named the Director of Stallion Nominations, handling season sales and bloodstock activity for Three Chimneys Farm.

“Tom is a strong addition to the team at Three Chimneys,” said Three Chimneys board member Doug Cauthen. “He knows the business, the players, and the horses, and is an extremely upbeat and positive people person. The business is about having quality stallions and then building relationships – Tom has the ability to make those connections and to help breeders reach their goals. I am confident that he and Rebecca Grabert-Nicholson will make a great team for the Three Chimneys’ customers.”

Serving as assistant trained to his brother Tim Hamm for 10 years, he began working for Taylor Made in 2006 as Divisional Yearling Manager and held the position of General Farm Manager there from 2011 to 2017. He most recently served as General Manager of Breeding Operations at Woodford Thoroughbreds.

“What an exciting time at Three Chimneys,” Hamm said. “They campaigned Horse of the Year Gun Runner who just finished his first season at stud, and have Will Take Charge and Strong Mandate, who are both off to very strong starts. Add in Palace Malice, a [GI] Met Mile winner by Curlin and a super speedy son of Medaglia d’Oro in Fast Anna, both with yearlings this year, and you’ve got what I see as a very promising group of young stallions I can stand behind. And every successful stallion farm needs a rock solid proven sire like Sky Mesa. I am looking forward to the opportunity ahead.”

View the full article