NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Letter to the Editor: John Dunlop

• Journalists

R.I.P. John Dunlop. My thoughts and prayers are with Sue and the family. I owe a lot to this wonderful man. In 1983, Sheikh Mohammed wanted to send his first horse to the United States to race. He asked Mr. Dunlop who he should send the filly, Daha, to and Mr. Dunlop recommended me. That was the start of a long relationship with Sheikh Mohammed and a boost to my career as someone as grand as John Dunlop had recommended me. He also sent me horses owned by Sir Gordon White, Selim Zilkha and Simon Frazier. I read a comment in the TDN about how he had no boundaries when it came to the horse business. In 1985, I went to a yearling sale at the La Zarzuela race track in Madrid. I remember thinking that I had been to race tracks all over the world and I always ran into someone that I knew but there was no way that would happen this time. I sat down for the sale and right in front of me were Mr. and Mrs. Dunlop. John Dunlop was a class act and will be sorely missed. –John Fulton

View the full article