NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Oasis Dream’s Pretty Pollyanna Romps to Cherry Hinton Success

• Journalists

She has been asked some big questions in a short space of time, but Bill and Tim Gredley’s Pretty Pollyanna (GB) (Oasis Dream {GB}) had a resounding answer on Friday as she destroyed her rivals in Newmarket’s G2 Duchess of Cambridge S., or Cherry Hinton as it is more widely known. Sent off an insulting 20-1 despite managing to be just over two-lengths fifth in the June 22 G3 Albany S. at Royal Ascot eight days after a winning debut at Yarmouth, the homebred was free in the hands of Silvestre De Sousa racing away from the main group. With the Albany first and second Main Edition (Ire) (Zoffany {Ire}) and La Pelosa (Ire) (Dandy Man {Ire}) taking each other on for the lead towards the stand’s side, the imposing bay reared at nearby Stetchworth and Middle Park Studs and named after Bill Gredley’s daughter Polly began to take control passing the two-furlong pole. Stretching clear from the Albany fourth Angel’s Hideaway (Ire) (Dark Angel {Ire}), she hit the line with seven lengths to spare as the runner-up put a further six lengths between her and Chaleur (GB) (Dansili {GB}) in a performance rarely seen in this race. “I thought she’d come on since Ascot, but I was not expecting that,” trainer Michael Bell said. “She’s got some fancy entries and she’ll obviously take them up now. The owners wanted to run here–I wanted to go for a listed [Star S.] in two weeks’ time, but Bill loves a local runner and he was right. I’ll look at the options and discuss her next race with them.”

PRETTY POLLYANNA (GB), 126, f, 2, Oasis Dream (GB)–Unex Mona Lisa (GB), by Shamardal. (50,000gns RNA Ylg ’17 TATOCT).
1ST BLACK-TYPE WIN. O-W J & T C O Gredley; B-Stetchworth & Middle Park Studs Ltd (GB); T-Michael Bell; J-Silvestre de Sousa. £45,368. Lifetime Record: 3-2-0-0, £51,606.

View the full article